Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

  1. #41
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I am just going to guess that before the GOP has any chance of impeaching Obama his term will be up and Hillary Clinton will be in the White House.
    Oh yeah, they know that and won't call for impeachment even if Obama were to strip naked and screw his pooch on the White House lawn. That's the problem, am important tool of government and the people has been taken off the table. Besides, not sure President Biden would be at all preferable.

  2. #42
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,571
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Not the first time he was caught doing this. Most of what he bashed Bush for he did exactly the same thing. Obama is a prolific liar, but sadly people believe him.
    I don't know if they believe him or whether it is a case of blind, fanatical partisanship that drives them to defend the indefensible. I didn't see many conservatives going to such lengths to defend President Bush when he was into policy that we didn't see as defensible.

    Another possibility is that so much of the electorate has been so dumbed down that they honestly don't understand how the President doing end runs around Congress to make law is both unConstitutional and dangerous.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  3. #43
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I'm going to guess that impeachment is a Democratic talking point and deliberate straw man devised to divert discussions from uncomfortable subjects. This topic is about a specific Obama executive order, and in expanded form, the pros and cons of executive orders used to circumvent Congress and the Constitution.
    Could we focus on that please?



    Who is going to stop the president of the USA from signing any document that he wants to sign?

    Fill us in on that if you can.

  4. #44
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I don't know if they believe him or whether it is a case of blind, fanatical partisanship that drives them to defend the indefensible. I didn't see many conservatives going to such lengths to defend President Bush when he was into policy that we didn't see as defensible.

    Another possibility is that so much of the electorate has been so dumbed down that they honestly don't understand how the President doing end runs around Congress to make law is both unConstitutional and dangerous.
    I think Obama adorement syndrome is as real as Bush derangement syndrome is. To some, the man can simply do no wrong, no matter how wrong logic tells you his actions are. We've seen it more than once since January of 2009 and I suspect we will continue to see it until January 2017. This story, and peoples' responses to his actions, is an example of that.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,533

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Who is going to stop the president of the USA from signing any document that he wants to sign?

    Fill us in on that if you can.
    The law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    When has that ever stopped him?

    Seriously, fill us in.

  7. #47
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The law.
    And the Constitution.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,533

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    Executive Orders only work if you do business with the government or take government money in any way, shape or form.
    Wow! I never knew that Americans forfietted their constitutional protections by doing business with the government!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,533

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    When has that ever stopped him?

    Seriously, fill us in.
    Are you saying he's out of control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #50
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: White House: Obama to sign order banning anti-gay discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Oh yeah, they know that and won't call for impeachment even if Obama were to strip naked and screw his pooch on the White House lawn. That's the problem, am important tool of government and the people has been taken off the table. Besides, not sure President Biden would be at all preferable.
    I'm sure. He wouldn't be preferable. Biden is a disaster and would be worse than Obama, as hard as it is to imagine anyone can be worse than Obama.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •