Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 238

Thread: U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

    We have Captured one of the Terrorist Ring-leaders in the Benghazi attack that killed Stevens. This is the guy who is one of the leaders of the Ansar Al Sharia groups in Libya. He was at the hotel bragging a while back he wasn't going anywhere. Then took off once he found out we knew him and his group that was working Security Set up the roadblocks on our people. He is enroute to the US or Gitmo now. No others were with him. So he is the only one caught so far. What say ye?




    U.S. Special Operations forces captured one of the suspected ringleaders of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in a secret raid in Libya over the weekend, the first time one of the accused perpetrators of the 2012 assault has been apprehended, according to U.S. officials.

    The officials said Ahmed Abu Khattala was captured Sunday near Benghazi by American troops, working alongside the FBI, following months of planning, and was now in U.S. custody “in a secure location outside Libya.” The officials said there were no casualties in the operation, and that all U.S. personnel involved have safely left Libya. The Washington Post learned about the capture Monday but agreed to a request from the White House to delay publication of a story because of security concerns.

    Officials, speaking on condition of anonymity about the still-secret operation, would not say where Khattala was being held. They said he was “en route” to the United States, but would not say when he was expected to arrive.....snip~

    U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid - The Washington Post

  2. #2
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    We have Captured one of the Terrorist Ring-leaders in the Benghazi attack that killed Stevens. This is the guy who is one of the leaders of the Ansar Al Sharia groups in Libya. He was at the hotel bragging a while back he wasn't going anywhere. Then took off once he found out we knew him and his group that was working Security Set up the roadblocks on our people. He is enroute to the US or Gitmo now. No others were with him. So he is the only one caught so far. What say ye?




    U.S. Special Operations forces captured one of the suspected ringleaders of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in a secret raid in Libya over the weekend, the first time one of the accused perpetrators of the 2012 assault has been apprehended, according to U.S. officials.

    The officials said Ahmed Abu Khattala was captured Sunday near Benghazi by American troops, working alongside the FBI, following months of planning, and was now in U.S. custody “in a secure location outside Libya.” The officials said there were no casualties in the operation, and that all U.S. personnel involved have safely left Libya. The Washington Post learned about the capture Monday but agreed to a request from the White House to delay publication of a story because of security concerns.

    Officials, speaking on condition of anonymity about the still-secret operation, would not say where Khattala was being held. They said he was “en route” to the United States, but would not say when he was expected to arrive.....snip~

    U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid - The Washington Post
    New guest at Gitmo?
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  3. #3
    Guru
    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

    Trade bait.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -- Benjamin Franklin

  4. #4
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    New guest at Gitmo?
    Conventional wisdom seems to think he'll be tried in the United States. Unfortunate.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Trade bait.

    Mornin Storm'. For a second time too.



    Believed to be in his 40s, Khattala was imprisoned for many years by the Gaddafi regime for his Islamic views.

    The FBI believes other groups were also involved in the Benghazi attacks and is pursuing criminal charges against several individuals, including Abu Sufian bin Qumu, the leader of Ansar al-Sharia in the Libyan city of Darnah. Qumu has also been designated a terrorist by the State Department, as has his group.

    In 2007, Qumu was released from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and sent to Libya, where he was detained. Gaddafi’s government released him in 2008....snip~

  6. #6
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid

    U.S. Special Operations forces captured one of the suspected ringleaders of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in a secret raid in Libya over the weekend, the first time one of the accused perpetrators of the 2012 assaults has been apprehended, according to U.S. officials.
    A win for the good guys. Let's mete out some justice.

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    New guest at Gitmo?

    Mornin' Sméagol. After they are done with him in Washington D.C.....just sayin. Do you think we he will be seeing a can of whoop ass opened up on him?

    who is expected to be arraigned in Washington — has been apprehended.....snip~

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    A win for the good guys. Let's mete out some justice.

    Article is here.
    Here too Dan.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...cret-raid.html

  9. #9
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

    How come these terrorists are always captured around election time?
    Hail to the King baby!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Captures Benghazi Suspect in Secret Raid.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    How come these terrorists are always captured around election time?
    Heya CL. BO is breathing a big sigh of relief to have something.....huh? He will be taking a victory dance on this. No doubt. One of the Ring-Leaders.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •