Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 310

Thread: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

  1. #191
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You can't let Iraq fall into the hands of another dictatorial regime, which make no mistake, that's what ISIS wants, an islamic dictatorship (they would call it a caliphate and helpful idiots would say it's an "islamic republic" whatever that is... but it's a dictatorship under sharia). Because how long until you have to go in again and fight a stronger force? No, hit them while they're not completely in control and organized.

    Btw, if the USA won't go in, Iran will. Iran will pledge support to the shiite government of Iraq and go in and defeat the sunni forces of ISIS... and maybe they won't stop at Iraq, what if they go in Syria under the pretense to "finish off" ISIS? Finish off the terorrists? Who can say that they're wrong? Nobody.

    So congrats, you just gave Iran at least 2 puppet states.

    I am all for America being for non-interventionism, but if you went in to do a job in Iraq, end the job. Don't leave it half-assed. Don't just pack your **** and leave. You went in, you overthrew a dictator which for better or worse kept the peace in that territory.
    Islamic rebels wouldn't have happened under Saddam because he was a brutal dictator.

    The only reason they happened in Syria under Assad is because for 30 years, ever since the Iran-Iraq war and especially after the first gulf war and the 2nd gulf war, sunni muslims, including former military soldiers, have left Iraq to seek refuge in Syria. And when they were strong enough, they rebelled and are now causing problems in Syria. And now, those same people and their new recruits are coming home to roost in Iraq. They're coming back to their country as militant islamists. So don't make it sound like the USA can just pack **** up and leave. No, you ****ed up. Take responsibility and clean up the mess or accept that yet again, you went in, put your dick in the pond, stirred the fishes and left.
    Here's the pickle...

    If you align yourself with Iran and take on ISIS... you offend Saudi Arabia and Israel.
    If you align yourself with Saudi Arabia against Iran on this, you offend Iran and Israel.

    So where do you want to stand? I ask this because we already know where the right-wing stands on this... and that is whatever is the opposite of what Obama eventually chooses to do.

    Also... you are seriously misrepresenting the rise of resistance in Syria and what happened. Not even close to what happened.

    It happened as many do... due to food shortage issues. Everything else was just opportunistic assholes jumping into the fight for their own selfish opportunistic reasons.
    Last edited by poweRob; 06-19-14 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #192
    Educator idea_steed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    932

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    At the same time...the government of Iraq...hell...the PEOPLE of Iraq need to step up. That part of the equation I put on Bush. He should have told them in no uncertain terms...you have us here for 5 years. After that...we will support you but you have to EARN your freedom and that means you have to stand up against ****heads like ISIS. Instead...we piddled around for 8 years following the end of the war against Iraq. That's horrible post war management and ops.
    But are they capable of standing alone against the rebels?Iraq is a society comprised of different tribes and it all goes without saying that it is hard to strike a balance between them. Saddam did it because he was a powerful dictator. Sometimes it is hard to run a country in a democratic way.
    Like I said, there was a balance before but it was ruined. Just like a desert, it is extremely hard to turn it back to an oasis. You need time, patience and probably luck.
    Passion and Patience

  3. #193
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by idea_steed View Post
    But are they capable of standing alone against the rebels?Iraq is a society comprised of different tribes and it all goes without saying that it is hard to strike a balance between them. Saddam did it because he was a powerful dictator. Sometimes it is hard to run a country in a democratic way.
    Like I said, there was a balance before but it was ruined. Just like a desert, it is extremely hard to turn it back to an oasis. You need time, patience and probably luck.
    We arent talkign about primates...we are talking about relatively modern people in Iraq for the most part. You bet...I think you have to be as direct and blunt as you can possibly be with them. Fight for freedom and happiness or burn.

    You dont need luck...you need will.

  4. #194
    Educator idea_steed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    932

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    In and out and in and out and in and out and in and out. 1. Why have an embassy there? 2. Why not remove our people all together instead 275 troops vs. 10,000 psychotic terrorists?
    Obama is lost. Does anyone believe he did not contemplate something like this happening when nearly 100% of the Washington buttheads knew it would? Impeach Obama.
    1.because it is a diplomatic move.
    2.because the US. have interest there. Pulling all out is not feasible. Everybody knows it is perilous to work in a mine but some people need to do it anyway and they get high pay.
    Passion and Patience

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Attack what. Attack the cities whence came the attacks. Level them like we did in WWII.
    These terrorists come from many cities and countries throughout the world, and some were born in Europe or America. Boston would be an example.
    Fine. Send in the drones. Just don't spill any more American blood in a hopeless cause.
    I'd like that as much as you but I'm not sure that's possible, especially with this Administration's open border policy. I would say shock and awe is a good policy, hearts and minds is not, but the US needs an experienced leader who can make hard decisions and I'm not sure the American people would vote for one, given that anyone who wants to protect America would be labelled 'extreme right wing'. America is rudderless right now and will likely remain that way.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Here's the pickle...

    If you align yourself with Iran and take on ISIS... you offend Saudi Arabia and Israel.
    If you align yourself with Saudi Arabia against Iran on this, you offend Iran and Israel.

    So where do you want to stand? I ask this because we already know where the right-wing stands on this... and that is whatever is the opposite of what Obama eventually chooses to do.

    Also... you are seriously misrepresenting the rise of resistance in Syria and what happened. Not even close to what happened.

    It happened as many do... due to food shortage issues. Everything else was just opportunistic assholes jumping into the fight for their own selfish opportunistic reasons.
    At one time America was strong, confident and weren't too concerned whether the Saudis or Iranians would be offended. Now too many are afraid of offending anyone, no matter how murderous and backward these regimes might be.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    At first... I was like...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I have the appropriate amount of respect for them.


    Then I read back a little and was like...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Real soldiers shouldn't be such melodramatic pussies and cry about wasted sacrifices.


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I guess that's why you called them pussies.
    I can't believe apdst actually got this one right.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-19-14 at 03:09 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #198
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,974

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Add it up yourself. Here's another entry:


    History of the Islamic Republic of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    At thousands per year, in the prison system alone, it doesn't take long to make millions. Of course, presuming all of the regime's slaughters are recorded is silly.

    But, hey, keep defending them. Inconsistency is great.


    I'll be looking forward to your defense of the US. *snicker*
    LOLWHUT? So when told to back up your claim that Iran executed millions all you can point out is a report that claims they executed 8000 prisoners from 1981 to 85? Are you serious?

    Just to humor you assuming that report is true then they executed an average of 1600 prisoners a year. If we calculate that by 33 years (assuming they kept at it) thats about 52,800 executed till 2014. Hardly the million you claim it is. In order for it to reach a million it would take them 625 years to do it.

    You have my vote as the silliest post of the year.

  9. #199
    User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Simi Valley
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    22

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    thats how he got in that Benghazi mess...
    and Carter lost his Embassy in '79...

    you can't dispatch a force of... whatever that token number is to a hornet's nest the size of Baghdad.
    If I were an Officer in one of those units I'd be like hell no!

    300 men... my God I hope the real real doesn't go down

  10. #200
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    At first... I was like...





    Then I read back a little and was like...







    I can't believe apdst actually got this one right.
    I can't believe you're actually on the right page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •