Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 142

Thread: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

  1. #51
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,803

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    [COLOR="#800000"] Just because Maliki can't be trusted was no reason for BO not to press policy with him.
    Nice try.....its BO's fault.
    So instead of a problem you accuse BHO of creating with the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood;
    You would have preferred a further stand-off with Iranian-backed Maliki, inflaming both sides of the sectarian war left by Bush .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #52
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Can't imagine being a soldier with this buffoon in charge. Has ever there been so much uncertainty and distrust among our troops of the Commander and Chief?

    Everything perplexes him. Surprised at every turn on everything. Drowning in incompetence and inexperience.

    The VA, IRS, DoJ, prisoner swap, Obamacare, Benghazi, Egypt, Libya, Putin, Crimea, Ukraine, etc, etc, etc,.....and now this ugly terrorist takeover of Iraqi cities he's chosen to abandon for slaughter.

    Perhaps he just needs some time off and a couple rounds of golf.
    When your active duty who is commander in chief means little. Most soldiers are non-political or apolitical which ever word applies. We do what we are told and do it well. I served under LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter and Reagan, as far as my duties go it made no difference.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    So instead of a problem you accuse BHO of creating with the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood;
    You would have preferred a further stand-off with Iranian-backed Maliki, inflaming both sides of the sectarian war left by Bush .
    Nimby if you don't know that the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood were the backesr of the Rebels and funding them. Then you were never up on the news anyways.

    I told you.....you want to know what was going on. Check out our threads on Syria and the Concerning Syria Thread. Its all there.

  4. #54
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, are you going ti blame the Allies for The Nazi Party?
    Could certainly blame it for an atmosphere in which it could thrive.

    It provided ammo for extreme nationalists... Which is what the nazis were.

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wow, that's a leap in logic. We didn't invade Germany or Japan on a pretext. Japan had attacked us, and we Germany had already declared war on us. And they, the aggessors, set in motion much of what came after. But, trying to keep making the false comparisons to WWII is just silly. This compares on no level.
    The reason for invading is irrelevant. You claim we created a mess by invading: created terrorists by invading. Groups like the Red Brigade and the Bahder-Meinhoff gang were a by-product of WW2, so per your argument, we can blame the Allies for that mess, just like we can blane Lincoln for the KKK. Are you able to see where you're going wrong yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Could certainly blame it for an atmosphere in which it could thrive.

    It provided ammo for extreme nationalists... Which is what the nazis were.
    So, you would just as quickly blame Lincoln for the KKK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The reason for invading is irrelevant. You claim we created a mess by invading: created terrorists by invading. Groups like the Red Brigade and the Bahder-Meinhoff gang were a by-product of WW2, so per your argument, we can blame the Allies for that mess, just like we can blane Lincoln for the KKK. Are you able to see where you're going wrong yet?
    No, because the aggressors hold the blame. Can't you see the difference between the two? If we had started WWII, invaded on a pretext, you would be spot on. But the aggressors were Germany, Japan and Italy. As such, they hold the blame.

    And no, you can blame the compromise, that led to the war for the KKK. That and a host of other things. But once you invade, start a war of choice, what comes after will likely be bad, and you are responsible. That's why only going to war when you have to, not want to, is a better choice.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #58
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,803

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nimby if you don't know that the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood were the backesr of the Rebels and funding them. Then you were never up on the news anyways.

    I told you.....you want to know what was going on. Check out our threads on Syria and the Concerning Syria Thread. Its all there.
    Yet nothing on the current Maliki situation.
    Think Limbaugh (4-pimple butt boy) is right that catching the terrorist is really just a distration and forced coincidence?
    It just gets lower and lower with the rigthtists media.
    Helping HRC with a book tour?
    And since this is the station that has the highest ratings, ..............
    Physics is Phun

  9. #59
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Obama not sending troops to Iraq. OBAMA BAD!
    Obama sending troops to Iraq. OBAMA BAD!
    Who pulled out of there and claimed victory? It's all politics with him, never any substance.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #60
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,803

    Re: Obama considers special forces to help in iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you would just as quickly blame Lincoln for the KKK?
    Don't ever blame Lincoln for the KKK again, k apdst?
    That would be you southern cons, who are now GOPs.
    Not to mention that sleazy deal by your Louisiana electors in 1876, giving away the Presidency to remove Union troops, as if Tilden wouldn't have .
    Physics is Phun

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •