Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 288

Thread: Supreme Court rules on 'straw purchaser' law

  1. #191
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'Straw Purchaser' Law.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is no time requirement

    Now if you are selling guns from your own collection without an FFL and you buy a gun from someone and try to sell it within a day of buying it, that will be deemed intent of purchasing for the purpose of sale which means you are dealing without a license

    Case in point. I'd see guys at gun shows selling a few guns with notification-private collection. They'd sometimes buy guns from patrons of the show. If they put that gun out for sale they were asking to be busted by the ATF stingers who where there
    TD, now you have me even more confused.

    Where did you come up with "within a day" if there is no time limit?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'Straw Purchaser' Law.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is no time requirement

    Now if you are selling guns from your own collection without an FFL and you buy a gun from someone and try to sell it within a day of buying it, that will be deemed intent of purchasing for the purpose of sale which means you are dealing without a license

    Case in point. I'd see guys at gun shows selling a few guns with notification-private collection. They'd sometimes buy guns from patrons of the show. If they put that gun out for sale they were asking to be busted by the ATF stingers who where there


    What do you think about this ruling TD? Any chance we can go after Ginsburg and her mental faculties?

  3. #193
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'Straw Purchaser' Law.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    TD, now you have me even more confused.

    Where did you come up with "within a day" if there is no time limit?
    you were asking about gifting versus selling without a license



  4. #194
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'Straw Purchaser' Law.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What do you think about this ruling TD? Any chance we can go after Ginsburg and her mental faculties?
    Stevens was more senile on Heller. AND thurgood Marshall was brain dead his last 2 years on the court



  5. #195
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'Straw Purchaser' Law.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Really? The law was passed to prevent discounts?
    No, the laws were passed to prevent individuals from purchasing firearms for others...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #196
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'Straw Purchaser' Law.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you were asking about gifting versus selling without a license
    OK, so you can gift it immediately but must simply wait more than one day to sell it?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #197
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'Straw Purchaser' Law.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    OK, so you can gift it immediately but must simply wait more than one day to sell it?
    correct



  8. #198
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,738
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'straw purchaser' law

    Moderator's Warning:
    Supreme Court rules on 'straw purchaser' lawThreads merged.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  9. #199
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Supreme Court rules on 'Straw Purchaser' Law.....

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    No, the laws were passed to prevent individuals from purchasing firearms for others...
    As I understand the law, it is illegal for me to accept money from you and then buy you a gun from a FFL. But if I buy a gun, even from a FFL, using my own funds, then I can later gift or sell that gun (which is then my personal property) whenever I wish to.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #200
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Supreme Court rules on 'straw purchaser' law….

    Great job by all those that hate the Constitution! Now the government has the power to arrest a guy for buying a gun for his wife as a gift…. f'n dumb ass ruling.

    http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-...iacontentstory

    A divided Supreme Court sided with gun control groups and the Obama administration Monday, ruling that the federal ban on "straw" purchases of guns can be enforced even if the ultimate buyer is legally allowed to own a gun.



    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •