Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 481 to 484 of 484

Thread: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

  1. #481
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    And who would Eric Holder appoint? Let me tell you another Obama loyalist. Of course you know that.

    So stop with the grandstanding.
    which is why i suggested the HOUSE, you know, the place filled with REPUBLICANS, is the entity which should select a special investigator to get to the bottom of this matter
    issa and gowdy are too busy preening for the television cameras to actually take care of business
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #482
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Well that's wrong. Politicians have more freedom and are subject to fewer laws than the electorate.
    There's the root of the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    The people get their say every 2 or 6 years, but what the politicians do in the intervening time is not controlled by the electorate.
    Another problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    And you break your argument here anyway. If the Politicians are just puppets of their electorate and are supposed to act on their wishes then all of these politicians, by the act of being re-elected, are doing what the people want.
    So if an employer hires an employee, the employee is then free to do whatever he/she wants because he/she was hired? That makes sense

    Just as someone who works at a coffee shop can be monitored via surveillance camera by the shop's owner, so too the people have a right to monitor their workers--who they pay w/tax monies. In the latter case, the IRS is one of those surveillance cameras.

    Tax investigations are one of the primary ways to uncover bribery.

  3. #483
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    So if an employer hires an employee, the employee is then free to do whatever he/she wants because he/she was hired? That makes sense
    When the employer can only fire the employee two years from date of hire or 6 years from date of hir then yeah, the employee can do anything the law allows... and since they are protected from having to adhere to many laws, they pretty much have free reign.

    Just as someone who works at a coffee shop can be monitored via surveillance camera by the shop's owner, so too the people have a right to monitor their workers--who they pay w/tax monies. In the latter case, the IRS is one of those surveillance cameras.
    You have the relationship between IRS and Congress CRAZY wrong. It isn't a one way street. By your argument NOBODY monitors the IRS which is patently absurd.

    Tax investigations are one of the primary ways to uncover bribery.
    Bribery cases are primarily conducted by the FBI, not the IRS.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    which is why i suggested the HOUSE, you know, the place filled with REPUBLICANS, is the entity which should select a special investigator to get to the bottom of this matter
    issa and gowdy are too busy preening for the television cameras to actually take care of business
    Geeee all they have to do is turn over the e-mails, but no they're all destroying evidence and you talk about Issa and Gowdy. Give me a break
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •