Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 484

Thread: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

  1. #291
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Her attorney told her not to, because she broke the law!...lol!
    Not necessarily. You really don't know how the legal system works, do you?

    If you're under threat of indictment, which Lerner certainly is, your attorney will tell you to shut up whether you are "defending yourself" or not. Defending Lois Lerner is not Lois Lerner's job, it's her attorney's job.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #292
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Not necessarily. You really don't know how the legal system works, do you?

    If you're under threat of indictment, which Lerner certainly is, your attorney will tell you to shut up whether you are "defending yourself" or not. Defending Lois Lerner is not Lois Lerner's job, it's her attorney's job.
    If she wasn't guilty of a crime, she would have said a long time ago, "this is what I did and this is the law saying I'm right". Instead, she took the 5th. She's guilty as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #293
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If she wasn't guilty of a crime, she would have said a long time ago, "this is what I did and this is the law saying I'm right". Instead, she took the 5th. She's guilty as hell.
    So everyone who pleads the fifth is automatically guilty?

    She may be, she may not be, but attempting to use procedure as clear cut proof of guilt shows a remarkable ignorance for how these kinds of things work.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #294
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    So everyone who pleads the fifth is automatically guilty?

    She may be, she may not be, but attempting to use procedure as clear cut proof of guilt shows a remarkable ignorance for how these kinds of things work.
    You've never heard of exculpatory evidence, have you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #295
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You've never heard of exculpatory evidence, have you?
    Of course I have, Perry Mason. So NOW that's your argument -- that the "exculpatory evidence" (that would never be accepted by Issa & Co.) hasn't surfaced yet; ergo, Lois Lerner is guilty?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #296
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Of course I have, Perry Mason. So NOW that's your argument -- that the "exculpatory evidence" (that would never be accepted by Issa & Co.) hasn't surfaced yet; ergo, Lois Lerner is guilty?
    If there was any evidence, i.e. the law that supported and proved her action were legal, she would have been screaming it the first time she testified. Instead, she took the 5th. So yes, she's guilty as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #297
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Double post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #298
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If there was any evidence, i.e. the law that supported and proved her action were legal, she would have been screaming it the first time she testified. Instead, she took the 5th. So yes, she's guilty as hell.
    Never mind, apparently you DON'T know how this works.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #299
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If there was any evidence, i.e. the law that supported and proved her action were legal, she would have been screaming it the first time she testified. Instead, she took the 5th. So yes, she's guilty as hell.
    Kind of like Scooter Libby, yes?
    ; )
    I may be wrong.

  10. #300
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Never mind, apparently you DON'T know how this works.
    How about you show us how Lerner didn't break the law, since the law she operates under is public information. I dare ya!...lol!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •