Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 484

Thread: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

  1. #271
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Lerner wanted to arrest people because of their political lean. You're ok with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    would you please show us a cite confirming your allegation
    BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ About Prosecuting Tax Exempt Groups - Katie Pavlich
    ...Lois Lerner was in contact with the Department of Justice in May 2013 about whether tax exempt groups could be criminally prosecuted for "lying" about political activity.

    I am just an Arkansas who barely graduated high school [2.08 GPA]. But to me,it doesn't seem that "lying about political activity" is quite the same as a political lean.
    Unless of course apdst is making the case that lying is a political lean.

    Is that what you're doing here, apdst?

    Are you making the case lying is a "political lean"?
    'Cause if that's the case we pretty much just have a single political lean ensconced in DC, not two.
    I may be wrong.

  2. #272
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ About Prosecuting Tax Exempt Groups - Katie Pavlich
    ...Lois Lerner was in contact with the Department of Justice in May 2013 about whether tax exempt groups could be criminally prosecuted for "lying" about political activity.

    I am just an Arkansas who barely graduated high school [2.08 GPA]. But to me,it doesn't seem that "lying about political activity" is quite the same as a political lean.
    Unless of course apdst is making the case that lying is a political lean.

    Is that what you're doing here, apdst?

    Are you making the case lying is a "political lean"?
    'Cause if that's the case we pretty much just have a single political lean ensconced in DC, not two.
    When you can show us where Lerner wanted to go after Liberal groups, then you might have a point.

    Also, if these groups were committing a prosecutable act, Lerner wouldn't need to even ask the question. However, there's little doubt that Lerner committed a crime, when she violated these peoples's civil rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,270

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    BREAKING: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Was in Contact With DOJ About Prosecuting Tax Exempt Groups - Katie Pavlich
    ...Lois Lerner was in contact with the Department of Justice in May 2013 about whether tax exempt groups could be criminally prosecuted for "lying" about political activity.

    I am just an Arkansas who barely graduated high school [2.08 GPA]. But to me,it doesn't seem that "lying about political activity" is quite the same as a political lean.
    Unless of course apdst is making the case that lying is a political lean.

    Is that what you're doing here, apdst?

    Are you making the case lying is a "political lean"?
    'Cause if that's the case we pretty much just have a single political lean ensconced in DC, not two.

    It sure would define the Democrat party as of late.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When you can show us where Lerner wanted to go after Liberal groups, then you might have a point.

    Also, if these groups were committing a prosecutable act, Lerner wouldn't need to even ask the question. However, there's little doubt that Lerner committed a crime, when she violated these peoples's civil rights.
    Right. And if the IRS determines that someone was "lying about political activity" then the IRS could revoke their tax exempt status. But as is typical of leftist totalitarians, it seems Lerner and Co. wanted to criminalize political behavior she disagreed with.

    What this whole IRS episode is exposing is the knee-jerk liberal reaction to defend the bureaucracy at the expense of the individual. It really shouldnt be too much to ask that those leftists who want a large intrusive state also demand that that state be accountable, honest and free of corruption. But so long as the apparatus of the state is pursuing the leftist ideology in some fashion, liberals will excuse any behavior no matter how corrupt and tyrannical.

  5. #275
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Right. And if the IRS determines that someone was "lying about political activity" then the IRS could revoke their tax exempt status. But as is typical of leftist totalitarians, it seems Lerner and Co. wanted to criminalize political behavior she disagreed with.

    What this whole IRS episode is exposing is the knee-jerk liberal reaction to defend the bureaucracy at the expense of the individual. It really shouldnt be too much to ask that those leftists who want a large intrusive state also demand that that state be accountable, honest and free of corruption. But so long as the apparatus of the state is pursuing the leftist ideology in some fashion, liberals will excuse any behavior no matter how corrupt and tyrannical.
    And if Lerner is so certain that a crime was committed then why isn't she saying all that, now, in her own defense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #276
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When you can show us where Lerner wanted to go after Liberal groups, then you might have a point.
    Also, if these groups were committing a prosecutable act, Lerner wouldn't need to even ask the question. However, there's little doubt that Lerner committed a crime, when she violated these peoples's civil rights.
    To show that apdst has made the case that lying is a political lean I need to show something about some third party?

    You and Fletch don't seem to understand what I have written about what you have written.

    I may be wrong.

  7. #277
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the desperation of that post can be smelled while reading it

    while there is no link to the white house, the hyper-partisans insist there IS a connection ... because they want (and need) one so much

    but as with benghazi, fast & furious, and the 501c(4) hearings, they have come up empty once again
    No, there is no proof that there is a link. We all know there is....I mean, other than the desperate hyper-partisans. This guy makes Nixon look like a girl scout.

    Isn't the official slogan "Lies we can believe in"?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #278
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    To show that apdst has made the case that lying is a political lean I need to show something about some third party?

    You and Fletch don't seem to understand what I have written about what you have written.

    And you're adding exactly nothing to the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #279
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    come back and post when you actually have something linking the white house to an illegal loss of data
    til then, you have nothing
    Whatcha wanna bet the link was in the lost data?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #280
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Look, loyal partisans like Bubba, and Kobie are going to rest on the hopes that by destroying evidence that would incriminate them is going to save Obama from having to resign in disgrace, and that may be true.
    Me??? What the **** did I say?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •