Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 484

Thread: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

  1. #211
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    in order to lose that data from a crash,the hard drive must have been physically damaged beyond recognition.
    Or damaged to the point where getting the data off isn't worth the trouble. That'll get a hd sent to the graveyard.

    Are we supposing that the IRS IT dept is in on the alleged conspiracy and that they purposely destroyed what they knew to be evidence of wrong-doing?

    Or are we just supposing that Lerner damaged her hd herself so that IT would opt to swap it out for a new one?

    Or are we supposing that the story about the crash is made from whole cloth?

    Or what exactly?

    Do you suppose that the conspiracists went through the trouble of creating a work ticket for Lerner's computer?
    I may be wrong.

  2. #212
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,392

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Or damaged to the point where getting the data off isn't worth the trouble. That'll get a hd sent to the graveyard.

    Are we supposing that the IRS IT dept is in on the alleged conspiracy and that they purposely destroyed what they knew to be evidence of wrong-doing?

    Or are we just supposing that Lerner damaged her hd herself so that IT would opt to swap it out for a new one?

    Or are we supposing that the story about the crash is made from whole cloth?

    Or what exactly?

    Do you suppose that the conspiracists went through the trouble of creating a work ticket for Lerner's computer?
    no one knows exactly what happened,by point was if it was from a crash,even though a computer couldnt digitally read it,their are machines that can read the imprints of overwritten data,which is well worth it.

    now if for any reason it was highly damaged or zero filled to the extent of needing to use a microscope and scientists to manually record it,of course it wouldnt be worth it,such measures would only be used if it was deemed absolutely necessary to the interest of national security,as it would cost millions to retrieve data in such a way,and the data would have to be worth it to jutfy such heavy costs.

    of course we are talking about a computer crash,even the most basic forensics can recover data from it unless it was from a computer virus with a high pass zero fill.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  3. #213
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    no... ...fill.
    But what can be done is vastly different than what should be done on a day to day basis inside a large network.
    W/o knowledge that there's extraordinary data, there's no reason to go to extraordinary measures. SOP, as noted by someone's link above, does not involve extraordinary measure like reading the disks with another machine, [nor does it even include things like replacing the hd's board with one from a similar model]. In general user's computers are treated as though they are fungible.
    I may be wrong.

  4. #214
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    me. but i am willing to look at the connection if you are able to point it out
    LOL, So let me see if I got your POV straight bubba....If this were you and I. I claim that you are hiding something, and want your email to prove it, you stall me for over two years, then when I am getting close to forcing you to turn over what I think would incriminate you, claim that the hard drive was destroyed and the email is lost....And you want me to believe ANYTHING you say? pfft....Yeah, right....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #215
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,374

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Since their office had this server crash, and they lost a bunch of emails,
    I wounder how many applications for tax exempt status were lost at the same time,
    or what other correspondence?

  6. #216
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Since their office had this server crash, and they lost a bunch of emails,
    I wounder how many applications for tax exempt status were lost at the same time,
    or what other correspondence?
    Zero, because it NEVER was a 'crash' in the first place....They either still have them now, and are lying, or someone purposely, and intentionally destroyed evidence...This is a cover up that makes Watergate look like child's play.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #217
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Zero, because it NEVER was a 'crash' in the first place....They either still have them now, and are lying, or someone purposely, and intentionally destroyed evidence...This is a cover up that makes Watergate look like child's play.
    It shouldn't be too difficult to find the IT people who were employed, question them under oath and find out who told them to do what and when. If such a conspiracy occurred and it looks promising it did, names, dates, etc., should be easily found. Hell, since the NSA is recording every conversation why not go back and find these IT people and pull their convo's and text messages. The NSA probably has copies of the emails in question as well!
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #218
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,374

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Zero, because it NEVER was a 'crash' in the first place....They either still have them now, and are lying, or someone purposely, and intentionally destroyed evidence...This is a cover up that makes Watergate look like child's play.
    Sorry, I was being sarcastic, about computer crashes being non discriminatory towards the data lost.

  9. #219
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 02:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    So "My dog ate my homework" is the best response our beloved IRS can come up with. Can anyone else see them sitting in a conference room laughing their assess off at us?

  10. #220
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    LOL, So let me see if I got your POV straight bubba....If this were you and I. I claim that you are hiding something, and want your email to prove it, you stall me for over two years, then when I am getting close to forcing you to turn over what I think would incriminate you, claim that the hard drive was destroyed and the email is lost....And you want me to believe ANYTHING you say? pfft....Yeah, right....
    the post said there is a white house connection to this matter
    i invited that poster to show the connection
    notice you didn't either
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •