Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 151

Thread: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central....[W:118]

  1. #71
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    It is as if you think I thought you were going to "engage" honestly, as I have said and you have proved, my expectation of zero percentage was spot on. Histrionically accurate.
    yet you are the one with the emoticon, which proves my point.

    Anyway, did I get the correct post or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    You see the problem with your logic here is that you hold to the belief that these spikes exist to screw with the dignity of homeless people. That is not the reason they were created, but it is one benefit or side effect of their use. This invention is extremely effective in performing the task they were created to fulfill. Keeping areas clear from traffic, human or otherwise. In non human cases, such as aforementioned loading docks, any vehicles that come across them are jarred, noticeably signaling the vehicle or hand truck operator that they are near the edge of the platform or in a restricted zone. Likewise these spikes keep people from milling about in places they should not be and so businesses have made use of them all over the globe for that reason too. If Tesco wants to give into pressure from these activist with your mind set they are certainly free to do so. I think it was a stupid move on their part and if the activist that was threatening to camp out 24/7 in that space tried to do so? Let the bobbies take said activist to a comfortable cot in a warm building with bars.

    The whole idea that this sham or facade to accomplish the same goal the spikes do, "helps" homeless people is not a very persuasive argument. How does the company having to retool their exits, but still basically keep the homeless from bivouacking there, "help" the homeless? And how would getting rid of or causing less use of these spikes not then at some point make some people unemployed? And then possibly becoming homeless themselves, this helps the homeless how?

    Your location says the DEEP SOUTH. Yet you are speaking about opening the asylums again and applying for permits for perfectly legal use of perfectly legal products in industrial environments. Which country is it you are in the deep south of?

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    yet you are the one with the emoticon, which proves my point.

    Anyway, did I get the correct post or not?
    Might as well break out the I'm rubber and you're glue defense now eh? Should mesh with the "tone" excuse, your editing you own "tone" after I had replied to it and the other handful of excuses you have thrown out. Including that dozy about me trying to elicit emotions from you on a text based forum.

    Look! Up above! An emoticon? See it? It is a cuckoo clock! I'm trying to elicit that you turn into one!

  3. #73
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Might as well break out the I'm rubber and you're glue defense now eh? Should mesh with the "tone" excuse, your editing you own "tone" after I had replied to it and the other handful of excuses you have thrown out. Including that dozy about me trying to elicit emotions from you on a text based forum.

    Look! Up above! An emoticon? See it? It is a cuckoo clock! I'm trying to elicit that you turn into one!
    I prefer to stick to accurate descriptions. So it is still histrionics thus far.

    Why are you focusing on this rather then the question you have been making a big deal about thus far?

    Did I get the right post or not? I honestly am hoping not because I answered those questions a few pages ago, making this entire exchange pointless from that point to this point.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I prefer to stick to accurate descriptions. So it is still histrionics thus far.

    Why are you focusing on this rather then the question you have been making a big deal about thus far?

    Did I get the right post or not? I honestly am hoping not because I answered those questions a few pages ago, making this entire exchange pointless from that point to this point.
    No no, you got me! I was not trying to get you to answer questions you still have not answered. I'm trying to elicit an emotional response from you!

    But seriously, at this late point in the thread and based upon the fact that you demonstrably had nothing intelligent to say then? Now pages later, you claim you did? Clearly reality is as elusive as you being honest. Zero percent chance of it happening. Ever.

  5. #75
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    No no, you got me! I was not trying to get you to answer questions you still have not answered. I'm trying to elicit an emotional response from you!

    But seriously, at this late point in the thread and based upon the fact that you demonstrably had nothing intelligent to say then? Now pages later, you claim you did? Clearly reality is as elusive as you being honest. Zero percent chance of it happening. Ever.
    So you haven't had a valid point this entire time then?

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You've been dodging. Referring people to earlier posts is dodging. Refusing to clarify what you've already said is dodging.

    Stop dodging.
    Don't bother yourself with this one Jerry, I know I'm done humoring him and his rather naive and child like posturing.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I am sure you believe this. I gave response to another and I stick by it as it is true. For me, there is no further debate on this point.
    Another dodge.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Don't bother yourself with this one Jerry, I know I'm done humoring him and his rather naive and child like posturing.
    He doesn't seem to know how to hold a basic conversation let alone debate.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    `
    A smart company would have immediately restructure the buildings entrance as to make it non-attractable for sleeping purposes.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    He doesn't seem to know how to hold a basic conversation let alone debate.
    Which makes the point of bothering to humor him any further moot.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •