Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 151

Thread: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central....[W:118]

  1. #61
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    This is a good example of someone who does not understand what the word "histrionics" means.

    If you have a desire to debate, go back and debate the comments of mine you earlier had no desire to debate. Otherwise it is just more empty posturing.
    Histrionics means showmanship and this is the way you are acting.

    Please show me where I said I had no desire to debate versus my mistake over content versus tone, as far I as I can tell, I never stated those words. Now from what I can tell is you made an assumption to mean that the mistake I admitted to means more than it did.

    also you are making the assumption I know which posts you are referring to, simple fact is, I am not sure which questions in which posts you have in mind. The other alternative is for me to post a lot of quotes and try to guess, which I will do if I have to, but I am sure you will find some bizarre nonexistent motivation in that attempt as well.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 06-13-14 at 03:23 PM.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Histrionics means showmanship and this is the way you are acting.

    Please show me where I said I had no desire to debate versus my mistake over content versus tone, as far I as I can tell, I never stated those words. Now from what I can tell is you made an assumption to mean that the mistake I admitted to means more than it did.
    OK first off, you still have no clue how to use histrionics in context or properly. The "showmanship" on display here has been you engaging in histrionic deflections and dodges for several pages now. As you simultaneously posture about wanting to engage in debate, all the while not doing it. This is called hypocrisy, so you have histrionic hypocrisy as your calling card, but what else do we have from you 7 pages and 67 posts into the thread? Have you gone back and addressed the "debate" you fled from before? No, instead you are just exercising a histrionic and hypocritical posture fest and demonstrating a weak vocabulary. At this point rather than engage in the debate that was already occuring, you seem to want to dive off into making this a personal matter and about personal behavior. Which is OK with me, it is to be expected based upon the path you have set so far. Of course I will warn you ahead of time I'll be utilizing the forum procedures and reporting to staff any further advances down that dead end path. Just so you know.

    Looks like you can either "engage" finally the comments you so far have not, or you can roll the dice and keep on going down this path you seem dead set on taking. Which again, is A-OK with me.

    EDIT: And by the way it should not be hard for you to find the post in question, I already reposted the numbers of them to you once, when you ignored and ran away from them before. Should be easy to "figure" this all out, yet you claim you can't. Imagine that.
    Last edited by Filthy McNasty; 06-13-14 at 03:34 PM.

  3. #63
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    OK first off, you still have no clue how to use histrionics in context or properly. The "showmanship" on display here has been you engaging in histrionic deflections and dodges for several pages now. As you simultaneously posture about wanting to engage in debate, all the while not doing it. This is called hypocrisy, so you have histrionic hypocrisy as your calling card, but what else do we have from you 7 pages and 67 posts into the thread? Have you gone back and addressed the "debate" you fled from before? No, instead you are just exercising a histrionic and hypocritical posture fest and demonstrating a weak vocabulary. At this point rather than engage in the debate that was already occuring, you seem to want to dive off into making this a personal matter and about personal behavior. Which is OK with me, it is to be expected based upon the path you have set so far. Of course I will warn you ahead of time I'll be utilizing the forum procedures and reporting to staff any further advances down that dead end path. Just so you know.

    Looks like you can either "engage" finally the comments you so far have not, or you can roll the dice and keep on going down this path you seem dead set on taking. Which again, is A-OK with me.
    No, I am quite certain it is histrionics, the reason I use this is because you had multiple avenues in which to plead your case, the one you chose was obviously designed to elicit an emotional response from me with attempts to jeer or pretend some sort of superiority. The simple fact is that you have yet to impress me with such obvious baiting. Either that or you haven't engaged in enough debate here yet to realize your style is sorely lacking. Either way, I don't care, my point stands and until you can calm down, it will continue to stand.

    Ok, since I don't have a post number, I am going to give it my best guess. Please give me a moment to try and find these posts.

  4. #64
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Is this the post you are referring to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    You see the problem with your logic here is that you hold to the belief that these spikes exist to screw with the dignity of homeless people. That is not the reason they were created, but it is one benefit or side effect of their use. This invention is extremely effective in performing the task they were created to fulfill. Keeping areas clear from traffic, human or otherwise. In non human cases, such as aforementioned loading docks, any vehicles that come across them are jarred, noticeably signaling the vehicle or hand truck operator that they are near the edge of the platform or in a restricted zone. Likewise these spikes keep people from milling about in places they should not be and so businesses have made use of them all over the globe for that reason too. If Tesco wants to give into pressure from these activist with your mind set they are certainly free to do so. I think it was a stupid move on their part and if the activist that was threatening to camp out 24/7 in that space tried to do so? Let the bobbies take said activist to a comfortable cot in a warm building with bars.

    The whole idea that this sham or facade to accomplish the same goal the spikes do, "helps" homeless people is not a very persuasive argument. How does the company having to retool their exits, but still basically keep the homeless from bivouacking there, "help" the homeless? And how would getting rid of or causing less use of these spikes not then at some point make some people unemployed? And then possibly becoming homeless themselves, this helps the homeless how?

    Your location says the DEEP SOUTH. Yet you are speaking about opening the asylums again and applying for permits for perfectly legal use of perfectly legal products in industrial environments. Which country is it you are in the deep south of?

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro store after activists threaten days of protests over measure

    Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro store after activists threaten days of protests over measure - Home News - UK - The Independent
    Instead of removing the anti-homeless spikes, they should have installed anti-protester razer wire.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    2. Good, until society can figure out how to better deal with the homeless issue, putting obstacles that may result in injury in the way is barbaric. I hope protests continue until spikes are gone from all locations.
    The protesters should be required to each take a homeless person in perminantly.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Not dodging so much as watching him make a fool of himself out of a simple misunderstanding. The histrionics are starting to become boring though. I will keep attempting to reengage him until I determine he is a lost cause.
    You've been dodging. Referring people to earlier posts is dodging. Refusing to clarify what you've already said is dodging.

    Stop dodging.

  7. #67
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Met...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You've been dodging. Referring people to earlier posts is dodging. Refusing to clarify what you've already said is dodging.

    Stop dodging.
    I am sure you believe this. I gave response to another and I stick by it as it is true. For me, there is no further debate on this point.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    No, I am quite certain it is histrionics, the reason I use this is because you had multiple avenues in which to plead your case, the one you chose was obviously designed to elicit an emotional response from me with attempts to jeer or pretend some sort of superiority. The simple fact is that you have yet to impress me with such obvious baiting. Either that or you haven't engaged in enough debate here yet to realize your style is sorely lacking. Either way, I don't care, my point stands and until you can calm down, it will continue to stand.

    Ok, since I don't have a post number, I am going to give it my best guess. Please give me a moment to try and find these posts.
    Yes this is the second time you have made reference to what is a rather paranoid claim in my opinion. Namely that by asking that you actually engage in debate and address the post you blithely and under a sea of specious excuses fled from before? Is trying to elicit an emotional response from you. When what is actually being done is you are being asked to address the "debate" you claimed you wanted by addressing the comments you ignored only to offer a sea of excuses for not addressing before. And here you are still not addressing this "debate" you were seeking to "re-engage" in. Yes you left the debate to go down a number of unpersuasive and unproductive paths, so if you are to ever actually engage in it, when might that occur?

  9. #69
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Yes this is the second time you have made reference to what is a rather paranoid claim in my opinion. Namely that by asking that you actually engage in debate and address the post you blithely and under a sea of specious excuses fled from before? Is trying to elicit an emotional response from you. When what is actually being done is you are being asked to address the "debate" you claimed you wanted by addressing the comments you ignored only to offer a sea of excuses for not addressing before. And here you are still not addressing this "debate" you were seeking to "re-engage" in. Yes you left the debate to go down a number of unpersuasive and unproductive paths, so if you are to ever actually engage in it, when might that occur?
    I have already posted a post and asked you if it was the right one. My earlier point about histrionics still stands.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I have already posted a post and asked you if it was the right one. My earlier point about histrionics still stands.
    It is as if you think I thought you were going to "engage" honestly, I predicted otherwise! And you have proved, my expectation of zero percentage chance you could or would do so was spot on. Histrionically so!.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •