Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 151

Thread: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central....[W:118]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Unfortunately that link does not lead to the questions you keep going on about and you are unwilling to let me know which questions you are referring to. Also, I stand by my asylum comment, mentally ill individuals would be better served there than on the streets.
    I think that your strongest statement was early on............http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063397809
    Private property, but it's an irrelevant detail in my opinion.

  2. #102
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    I think that your strongest statement was early on............http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063397809
    In this case, I see a greater principal at work than property rights.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    In this case, I see a greater principal at work than property rights.
    Unfortunately the idea of a poster who went back and altered his comments to reflect "tone" after complaining about my tone? Lecturing about principals? I'm afraid leaves me tone deaf to your continued posturing about any pretense about principals. After all, private property is an irrelevant detail in your opinion too. No kidding?!? Imagine that.

  4. #104
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Unfortunately the idea of a poster who went back and altered his comments to reflect "tone" after complaining about my tone? Lecturing about principals? I'm afraid leaves me tone deaf to your continued posturing about any pretense about principals. After all, private property is an irrelevant detail in your opinion too. No kidding?!?
    Your response has nothing to do with whether or not asylums are a good idea and why or why not.

    Nor does it have anything to do with reasoning why property rights should have a higher regard than some other principal. But yes, in this specific scenario, I don't regard property rights as all that important to discuss as for me this is a case of the greater societal regard for the homeless. You will also not that I affirmed that I agreed with the company's actions to discourage loitering, my concern was with how they did it.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    This has nothing to do with whether or not asylums are a good idea and why or why not.
    Unfortunately the idea of a poster who went back and altered his comments to reflect "tone" after complaining about my tone? Lecturing about principals? I'm afraid leaves me tone deaf to your continued posturing about any pretense about principals. After all, private property is an irrelevant detail in your opinion too. No kidding?!? Imagine that.

  6. #106
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Unfortunately the idea of a poster who went back and altered his comments to reflect "tone" after complaining about my tone? Lecturing about principals? I'm afraid leaves me tone deaf to your continued posturing about any pretense about principals. After all, private property is an irrelevant detail in your opinion too. No kidding?!? Imagine that.
    I tend to alter my comments after the initial posting and have for years, I tend to be a stream of consciousness type of writer.

    I will repost my previous comment as to make my response more clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Your response has nothing to do with whether or not asylums are a good idea and why or why not.

    Nor does it have anything to do with reasoning why property rights should have a higher regard than some other principal. But yes, in this specific scenario, I don't regard property rights as all that important to discuss as for me this is a case of the greater societal regard for the homeless. You will also not that I affirmed that I agreed with the company's actions to discourage loitering, my concern was with how they did it.
    So, do you wish to discuss the topic?

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I tend to alter my comments after the initial posting and have for years, I tend to be a stream of consciousness type of writer.

    I will repost my previous comment as to make my response more clear.



    So, do you wish to discuss the topic?
    You tend to dodge for days at a time using a series of excuses that are tissue thin at best. You say this is your stream of consciousness? I've no doubt! But I predict no explanation of the batscribe crazy morass of this thread, which you made of it all on your own, will be forthcoming from you. Owing to the exact same "principals" you tried to employ before. What the hell? Prove me wrong.

  8. #108
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    You tend to dodge for days at a time using a series of excuses that are tissue thin at best. You say this is your stream of consciousness? I've no doubt! But I predict no explanation of the batscribe crazy morass of this thread, which you made of it all on your own, will be forthcoming from you. Owing to the exact same "principals" you tried to employ before. What the hell? Prove me wrong.
    Yes, I stand by my principal that in this scenario property rights are less important than the greater societal implications of these spikes. You obviously seem to have a problem with this but have not yet stated why. So, why?

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Yes, I stand by my principal that in this scenario property rights are less important than the greater societal implications of these spikes. You have as yet to come up with a single line of reasoning as to why you oppose this.
    By the way, you know you just busted yourself again right? The "principal" behind your editing your comments after I have responded to them? This would be meaninglessness of course, if you had not postured about "tone" and "principals" in the same thread you went back and altered the "tone" in afterwards? Thus exposing your so called "principals" in a way you'd rather nobody noticed? Like it ain't THAT obvious? Would that help soothe your BS posturing about principals with your editing of your comments after you knew they had been replied to? In a thread where you were ironically appealing to a sensibility you feel unencumbered by yourself?

    Seriously, go ahead and try to explain all of this. Let me guess, your umpteenth dodge?

  10. #110
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Tesco removes one-inch 'anti-homeless' spikes from outside central London Metro s

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    By the way, you know you just busted yourself again right? The "principal" behind your editing your comments after I have responded to them? This would be meaninglessness of course, if you had not postured about "tone" and "principals" in the same thread you went back and altered the "tone" in afterwards? Thus exposing your so called "principals" in a way you'd rather nobody noticed? Like it ain't THAT obvious? Would that help soothe your BS posturing about principals with your editing of your comments after you knew they had been replied to? In a thread where you were ironically appealing to a sensibility you feel unencumbered by yourself?

    Seriously, go ahead and try to explain all of this. Let me guess, your umpteenth dodge?
    Ok, given that I have made repeated attempts to discuss the topic with you and you obviously have no interest in that, preferring to go into histrionics instead. I have to conclude that you do not possess the capacity for discussing actual topics. Please look me up when you gain this ability.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •