Page 88 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1110

Thread: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance [W:246, 565, *656*]

  1. #871
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance [W:246]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Now your comparing two different types of fecal matter and choosing the one from the Democrap. (See what I did there?)
    It wasn't hard to see. I'm apparently not as hard on either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #872
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    Clinton allowed for 3,000 to be killed in NYC on 9/11 by not prosecuting the first WTC attack ..
    Well, that's a stretch.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #873
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,117

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Maliki was not the real leader of Iraq, he was a puppet. The real power belonged to Muqtada al-Sadr.

    Moqtada al-Sadr orders halt to attacks on US troops stationed in Iraq | World news | The Guardian

    Sadr is the real reason Maliki won his first election, because Sadr is the top Shia cleric in the country
    Ah, no. Grand Ayatollah Sistani is the top Shia Cleric. Not just in the country - he's the top Shia Cleric.

  4. #874
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,117

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    GWB won a victory. BHO has thrown it away.
    True Story. ISIL was on the way to extinction when GW handed over the reins.

  5. #875
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Stop altering my user name and the facts speak for themselves.
    Sure, like how Ockham is saying the same thing I did and now you transitively called Ockham a left wing poster?

    It's embarrassing just how weak your arguments have become.

    It is disturbing just how much you hate the military though.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Insults and partisan talking poits aren't an argument. You've yet to say anything remotely close to expressing an opinion, other than you know it all and everyone else is stupid.
    Point out anything I said to be wrong.

    You cannot. Because you know you are wrong.

    Anyways, anyone can read the thread and see just how weak you've become.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What next? You gona call us racists?
    Hardly. Your issue is you hate Democrats to the point you will turn on your own beliefs the second they support that belief. It's why you are so easy to defeat. You have no internal consistency whatsoever.

    You and Grant are white washing Iraq to the point you're pretending that huge amounts of deaths in Iraq in 2008 never happened. You made the asinine comment that "We fixed the mess" but you run away cowardly time after time after time to evidence pointing out you are as always, wrong.

    I'm being exceptionally rude to you because you are wrong and you are outright lying about everything you say.

    And if you think other people aren't noticing it, you're got another thing coming. Grant at least has the sense to flee the thread.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 06-13-14 at 09:45 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #876
    Professor
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    GWB won a victory. BHO has thrown it away.
    This victory?

    Bush_mission_accomplished.jpgFelix.jpg
    If I didn't respond to your diatribe, it's possible you may have
    engaged in revisionism or broad sweeping generalizations.
    I don't have time for either, and you're probably on my IGNORE list.

  7. #877
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Here, let me help you with that.

    No doubt you'll believe the central point about the Democrats and their leadership (and how they promoted the invasion), because the rest of the article takes a dump all over Bush.

    Democrats Share the Blame for Tragedy of Iraq War
    No. Only the decider decided. You guys have run from that for years, unwilling to take personal responsibility.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #878
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    My Lord, you're worse than an Obama-bot when it comes to Republicans. If you call what happened in Iraq "doing well," you are utterly disconnected from reality.
    Yup. I've pointed out before how Apdst and Grant are totally white washing Iraq. They're at the point of claiming that Iraq prior to Obama was "fixed."

    It is amazing just how little those who care about the military.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #879
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And really, that was their problem and by "their" the Iraqi people's problem. When a country has enough of a sadistic immoral bastard, it's the people's responsibility to rise up and depose them and restructure the country as they deem fit. I do not see a reason why the US needs to involve ourselves in every country's business because we do not like what is going on there, or base it on our own morality. Over the years I have modified my views to become must less intrusive and much more focused to our own domestic issues. I'm not saying "become isolationists" but I am saying it's not our job to police the world.
    Just curious Ockham, I know full well you know that certain posters in this thread are completely full of crap and are outright lying about the situation in Iraq for basically the entire time we were there. Why don't you say something about their flagrant dishonesty?

    This chart alone:

    BBC News - Iraq's annual death toll highest in five years - UN

    Suggests that Iraq under Obama's administration was far safer than time under Bush's.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #880
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance [W:246, 565, *656*]

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance



    Iraq is going down fast. The US should never have pulled troops out. We should have been resolved to be there for decades, like in Germany, Japan, and South Korea.
    We should never have gone in there period.

Page 88 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •