Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1110

Thread: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance [W:246, 565, *656*]

  1. #681
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    If the current Administration thinks it can just watch Iraq fall into chaos and not be negatively impacted they are fooling themselves. Since the day he took office he hasn't lifted a finger to try and stabilize the situation there, and his indifference has played a HUGE part in what is happening in Iraq RIGHT NOW. You don't have to agree with me, but I promise you history will. buh-bye
    Iraq is a sovereign nation and Maliki refused to sign an agreement that would have allowed a residual US force to stay in Iraq. The blame should really fall on Maliki for a) not integrating the Sunnis in the government and rebuilding of Iraq and b) not signing the agreement.


    But hey....THANKS OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
    .

  2. #682
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Who was the president who actually invaded Iraq?
    Who IS the president now, while things are going to hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #683
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Well, if ISIS is on the march to Baghdad, this might work.

    It would work, though not as pictured in the video. But as of this moment the President is refusing Iraq's request to bomb ISIS. If his refusal ends up being a rope-a-dope to catch ISIS off guard then more power to him. But bombing won't work on the cities that currently have ISIS troops in them, and the dithering only ensures that there will be fewer Iraqi troops willing to fight even if we decide to help.

    The sad thing is that Maliki has been asking for help bombing the northern staging areas of ISIS for a while now... but we refused because technically that staging area was also feeding the Syrian rebels which we tacitly supported.

    The whole thing is a stark example of how muddy Obama's foreign policy actually is. ISIS is simultaneously worthy of support and worthy of obliteration based on this Administration's position from dayto day and crisis to crisis. Obama can't do anything about ISIS now without looking like a hypocritical dunderhead on a myriad of other Administration positions.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #684
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Iraq is a sovereign nation and Maliki refused to sign an agreement that would have allowed a residual US force to stay in Iraq. The blame should really fall on Maliki for a) not integrating the Sunnis in the government and rebuilding of Iraq and b) not signing the agreement.


    But hey....THANKS OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
    .
    Maliki is requesting air support. Is it there, yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #685
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Who IS the president now, while things are going to hell?
    How would you take out the Iraqi insurgents?
    How many boots would you put back on the ground, as per Senators McCain and Graham?
    How do you think the anti-Cantor wing of the GOP feels about this new mess coming from an old problem?
    Are you a NEO or an ISO?
    All four of these are easy Q's to answer ?
    Physics is Phun

  6. #686
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It would work, though not as pictured in the video. But as of this moment the President is refusing Iraq's request to bomb ISIS. If his refusal ends up being a rope-a-dope to catch ISIS off guard then more power to him. But bombing won't work on the cities that currently have ISIS troops in them, and the dithering only ensures that there will be fewer Iraqi troops willing to fight even if we decide to help.

    The sad thing is that Maliki has been asking for help bombing the northern staging areas of ISIS for a while now... but we refused because technically that staging area was also feeding the Syrian rebels which we tacitly supported.

    The whole thing is a stark example of how muddy Obama's foreign policy actually is. ISIS is simultaneously worthy of support and worthy of obliteration based on this Administration's position from dayto day and crisis to crisis. Obama can't do anything about ISIS now without looking like a hypocritical dunderhead on a myriad of other Administration positions.
    ISIS is presenting a massed target when the leave the built areas, which would be a prime target. Catch them in the open and snake-n-nape their asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #687
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,427

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    But as of this moment the President is refusing Iraq's request to bomb ISIS.
    Iraq asks the US to bomb them now. And people say there hasn't been progress.

  8. #688
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Don't you think Maliki waited a bit too long?
    Too bad he isn't using Israel as his indirect proxy.

    Seems these Iraqi gov't soldiers were just as big of cowards as the ones Bush/Cheney took out.
    Obama should have seen that coming, don't ya think ?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Maliki is requesting air support. Is it there, yet?
    Physics is Phun

  9. #689
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    How would you take out the Iraqi insurgents?
    How many boots would you put back on the ground, as per Senators McCain and Graham?
    How do you think the anti-Cantor wing of the GOP feels about this new mess coming from an old problem?
    Are you a NEO or an ISO?
    All four of these are easy Q's to answer ?
    I would catch them on the march and carpet bomb their hinies. In case you haven't noticed, they're an army now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #690
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Iraq insurgents take Saddam's home town in lightning advance

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It would work, though not as pictured in the video. But as of this moment the President is refusing Iraq's request to bomb ISIS. If his refusal ends up being a rope-a-dope to catch ISIS off guard then more power to him. But bombing won't work on the cities that currently have ISIS troops in them, and the dithering only ensures that there will be fewer Iraqi troops willing to fight even if we decide to help.

    The sad thing is that Maliki has been asking for help bombing the northern staging areas of ISIS for a while now... but we refused because technically that staging area was also feeding the Syrian rebels which we tacitly supported.

    The whole thing is a stark example of how muddy Obama's foreign policy actually is. ISIS is simultaneously worthy of support and worthy of obliteration based on this Administration's position from dayto day and crisis to crisis. Obama can't do anything about ISIS now without looking like a hypocritical dunderhead on a myriad of other Administration positions.
    I can appreciate Obama's not wanting to re-involve ourselves to a lost cause.

Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •