Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 431

Thread: House Majority Leader Cantor loses GOP primary to tea-party challenger[W:243:247:349]

  1. #241
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,845

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If Dems voted in the Dem primary they couldn't cross-over vote in the Republican run-off.
    Besides, you shouldn't take that post seriously. I wasn't being serious.
    Seriously,, the GOP got a lot more people paying attention to November tonite.
    I'll be sending money to Childers this year in Mississippi.

    Maybe drive down to Kentucky and heckle McConnell and Paul.
    How about that heckling of Cantor we didn't see until tonite?
    Makes you wonder when all the cables hide the tapes .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #242
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I do find it amusing how often you all crticize us for not all thinking exactly alike (as, apparently, you all do). Lol.
    I don't think anyone has ever criticized conservatives for not thinking all alike. Usually the opposite. It's the stuff you actually all agree on that causes all kinds of problems. Liberals, meanwhile, almost never think exactly alike, but we seem to be better at agreeing to disagree. DINO isn't something we'd actually attack each other with and I've very seldom seen liberals pull a No True Scotsman on each other.

    All that said, because of how terrible the things you agree on are, I appreciate when you're too busy fighting each other to do them.
    Libertť. …galitť. Fraternitť.

  3. #243
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,964

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Moderator's Warning:
    House Majority Leader Cantor loses GOP primary to tea-party challenger[W:243:247:349]The fistfighting, ping-pong matches, off-topic and derailing posting, personal comments and baiting need to stop. Y'all been on a terror. Stick to the topic: House Majority Leader Eric Cantor loses GOP primary to tea-party challenger

    Not each other or any of the various other off-topic discussions that have been held in this thread.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Pg 1 of 2:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Name ONE substantial Obama accomplishment.

    • National health care reform to cover 32 million Americans and cut health care costs
    • Passed stimulus leading to 3.7 million new private sector jobs
    • Wall Street reform and Consumer protection provides tighter controls on banks and adds needed consumer protections
    • Managed to close two wars that he did not start
    • Nearly single handily saved the Automobile Industry when republicans just said no
    • Bank recapitalization with near zero loss to the tax payer
    • DADT repealed
    • Gaddafi and Mubarak
    • Ended Torture Techniques
    • Boosted Fuel Efficiency Standards
    • Created EPA Conditions for a Cleaner Environment



    I could go on for pages in summary detail with what you obviously don't know about what this President has done for this country thus far. Yet, you claim yourself to be among the enlightened? Wake up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nonsense. Tea Partiers disagree with Obama's policies and for that, have been judged as " extreme " by the left wing apologist who put ideology before Truth.
    No. Tea Party Planners are clueless individuals who don't even know what they heck they stand for. Watch this Tea Party class fail to make the grade when it comes to actually explaining WHY they are so opposed to President Obama, or anything coming out of Washington for that matter. They don't have a solitary clue what they are saying, much like YOU"



    THAT is your Tea Party exposed. The recommend Fox News. And, you call that informed? "Glenb Beck's Principles?" Are you kidding me? Wake up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hyperbolic nonsense. A critique on responsibility from a guy who just posted a video about a tsunami as a ridiculous attempt to forecast the GOPs chances in 2016....lol
    Who said the video was a critique on responsibility? You read like a clueless Tea Party parrot. The video was a underlying statement to dramatize what I believe the republican party has done to itself in light of the exposure of the Bush 43 administrative cabal. The party has headed for the exits with people stepping on each other as they try to save themselves when faced with imminent catastrophe. I wrote on this forum YEARS ago that this would happen and NOW we see it coming to pass. Misinformed? I would say that I was spot on when I made those comments shortly after 2001.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    And your'e ignoring the last 6 years of incompetence and failure and lies from the Democrat party for what reason ? Because your " objective ??
    I just outlined for you in plain English my reasoning and your response was to reinforce why I believe most Tea Party members to be out of their cotton pick'n collective mind. Some of these people are clearly not playing with a full deck of cards and yet, you somehow believe that represents being informed?


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, because you're no different than the supposed partisan hacks you criticize.
    Sure, when YOUR ex-boyfriend roasted himself in front of the entire world by launching into Afghanistan and Iraq, with zero legal or moral basis for doing so. Sure, I look like a partisan hack to someone like you, because he was YOUR boyfriend BEFORE you jumped ship and landed on Plymouth Tea Party Rock, with all the other under-informed people who think Obama is a Socialist. And, you call that informed or even sane?


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Wars for oil ?? What Oil ? Where's all the Iraq oil ??
    Where the heck have you been? Have you looked at the fuel receipt that you pay for each time you fill-up lately? Have you seen the $4.00+ gallon regular unleaded that we've been paying through the nose lately? That's not all on OPEC, though much of the blame is their issue. OPEC is merely taking advantage of a good opportunity to stick it to the American consumer. Much of this problem is exactly as I wrote about in my outline for the score card I gave BOTH parties that you seem to ignore. It was George W. Bush, and his spontaneous eruptions of insanity that caused the crisis in the middle east and thus, the price you are now paying at the pump. What part of that equation do you fail to understand?

    Furthermore, do you know which players were on the initial Iraqi Oil Consortium, making determinations about WHO would participate in future Iraqi oil production: Exxon-Led Consortium? Where have you been since we took Baghdad? Have you not heard the term PSA before? Do you not understand who they went to and why: Iraq Gives Western Oil Companies Rights To Oil.

    When you sit back and make such a glaring dote of yourself, proclaiming "Oil? What Oil?" - you do nothing but demonstrate to everyone here that you were never informed enough to reply in the first instance. If you do not understand that Iraq was all about oil at this point, then I doubt that there is anything that I or anyone else could possibly say to you that would WAKE YOU UP.


    contin...

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Pg 2 of 2:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Sorry, but plenty of Democrats knew Saddam had WMD's..
    Oh, sure. Democrats were just as guilty for not insisting that Bush, come clean about his playing fast and loose with the facts. Yet, it was Dianne Feinstein, a small group of Democrats and one Independent who had to ask the Bush administration five (5) times to refresh the NIE on Iraq, before invading. Bush, refused four (4) requests and finally acquiesced on the fifth by having early 1990's NIE on Iraq, twisted to conform to a storyline that made Saddam the most dangerous man to western civilization since Adolph Hitler himself. All of it was a bald face lie and the knew it when they were telling it. Anthrax, Aluminum Tubes, Mustard, Botulinum Toxins, Mobile WMD Platforms - all of it lies.



    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Clinton's " affordable lending '' initiative set off a huge time bomb in the form a Sub-prime bubble that was so systemic it's collapse caused Capital Markets all around the world to tank in 2008.
    Nonsense. You apparently don't know what causes economic collapses. Housing prices have NEVER caused and economic collapse - not in the history of histories has it ever happened. Markets have seen bubbles come and bubbles go without causing and economic collapse. Causal to the economic implosion of 2008, was the abject lack of attention that Bush 43, gave to domestic concerns from 2000 through 2007. THAT is what caused the problem. It came as a direct result of a LOSS OF JOBS! When you cannot pay your mortgage anymore because you have been downsized and re-engineered out the front door with a pink slip in your hand, it does not matter whether or not your mortgage payment is $500 or $5,000 per month. The fact is, you are out of a J.O.B. and you no longer have the ability to afford ANY mortgage, regardless of what its terms and conditions might have been or whether or not the home loan origination might have been too easy.

    Job loss, as a direct result of shipping middle class work overseas and tearing down our ability to manufacturer here at home - that is what caused the bubble to be exposed and that is what caused the rate of acceleration in foreclosures to increase. For someone lauding themselves as informed on the issues, you seem to have no idea what's going on here. The way in which a loan is originated has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the economy collapses. Economies fail with capital no longer circulates and that happens when consumers STOP spending - and - that takes places when people lose their jobs.


    It was JOB LOSS under the watchful arrogance of one George W. Bush, who said "I wake up with war on my mind," that caused the collapse of mortgages around the country. Were predatory lending practices in place during Clinton? Absolutely, yes. Did we see a mortgage crisis? Absolutely, no? Why? Because under Clinton, the nation experienced the largest economic boom cycles in world history and people HAD JOBS. That proves that the lie you keep telling that somehow it was Fannie Mae that caused the problem, is nothing more than that - a lie. Fannie Mae, had been involved in trying to undo what redlining had been doing for decades before, by making home ownership available to more Americans. When they had jobs, they could afford the payments - else they would not have qualified for a mortgage in the first place.

    Have you ever purchased a home before? I have - several in fact over the years and each time, it was my Debt to Income ratio plus credit that determined the size of the mortgage I would qualify for. That means, without said income you no longer qualify. So, running around the country trying to sell the nonsense that it was unqualified people who caused the economy to collapse, is completely uninformed gibberish. Go out and get a mortgage some day and see how the loan origination process actually works.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    "Trickle Down ' ( a leftist mis-characterization of Conservative economic principles ) actually WORKS. Texas is a great example, and the GDP explosion that happened under Reagan.
    I actually call it Trickle Clown, because one has to be a clown to actually believe that it works. Furthermore, I'm not a Leftist. I'm a Realist. That means I call it like I see it. Reagan, gave us the concept of deregulation which put this country on the wrong footing to begin with. Later, Clinton, signed legislation that would accelerate deregulation in the financial industry in a deal with republicans for other concessions that he felt were important. What Clinton, did was dead wrong and to that degree it hurt the country. But, we had already had Savings & Loan Bailout problems as a direct result of under-regulation and a form of deregulation long before Clinton ever took office. Or, have you forgotten about de-regulatory roots and where they come from. It started with Ronald Reagan, when he began deregulating other industries. You need to do more homework.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    But I suppose you think stimulus and 6 Trillion in new debt with a GDP contraction 6 years into a Progressive presidents tenure is better than a REAL RECOVERY.
    Apparently, you can't read either. I've already explained WHY the recovery was so slow, if you had bothered to pay attention. The taxpayer bailed out banks and corporations with the president's leadership. It was then the banks and corporations turn to bail out the American People with Jobs and Business Start-Up capital. Did they do it? NO! The corporations stored up cash overseas and the banks "Just Said No" to small business start-ups and medium business expansion capital. Those are the facts. You can ignore them and create an alternate reality if you so desire, but it won't change extant history. You would be better off trying to get a grip on the subject matter, as opposed to spouting off with half baked notions and fact starved ideas.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    And if your'e so concerned about the " exodus of corporate capital ''how about you support tax incentives that would bring that capital back.
    My goodness! This is precisely what the President has been trying to do! Read about it here: Fact Sheet PDF.




    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, your'e just perpetuating tired and warmed over talking points, nothing else. And you can thank Clinton's Republican Congress for that " surplus ''. The House writes the budget and Clinton threw a hissy fit 5 times before signing it.
    So, you take away credit while the President is Democratic every time you get the opportunity, yet you call your ideas what - good for the country? If you can't call a spade a spade then what are you doing here? It was Clinton who submitted the ONLY president in modern times to balance the budget. My goodness, you once again demonstrate that you really have no command of the facts.

    Can you name ONE republican president who EVER submitted a balanced budget? Of course, you can't. So, who do you think you are kidding here with these nonsensical statements about who demonstrates real fiscal policy. Forbes Magazine, not a Liberal Rag, did its own analysis of all U.S. Presidents and determined that the top three (3) highest performing presidents with respect to fiscal policy was:

    - Clinton
    - Johnson
    - Kennedy

    The bottom three (3) performers were:

    - Nixon
    - Eisenhower
    - Bush 41

    Now, that comes from Forbes, not me. Do better homework. Source. Your biggest problem is that you are Party bound and gagged. Full stop. When you derive some facts that actually line-up with history, let me know and I'll gladly debate the matter further.
    Last edited by PW4000; 06-11-14 at 03:18 AM.

  6. #246
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Wow, if I ever try to debate with PW400... please slap me.
    I only agree with you about 85%, but good job man lol...

  7. #247
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,964

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Moderator's Warning:
    House Majority Leader Cantor loses GOP primary to tea-party challenger[W:243:247:349]Responding to posts #244 or #245 at this point, will be off-topic and a violation of the in-thread. Please don't bring forward posts before the previous in-thread that are off-topic, personal or baiting. Thank you.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  8. #248
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It would be a lesson to "the left" if Brat was running against someone from "the left." It SHOULD be a lesson to the GOP establishment.
    The Tea Party is here, and the Left will have to live with it. Hate to burst your bubble.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #249
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Looks like its more of a lesson to the GOP mainstream.

    I've been planning on Childers beating the TEA-creep from Mississippi all along for the Senate.
    Who exactly is "they"?
    "They" are the GOP Rinos who didn't come out to vote.
    That is the lesson for Dems and all political groups .
    Most of the bitching about the Tea Party on this website has come from leftwingers like you. The GOP has plenty to learn about how out of touch they are with rightwing America, and it looks like Lesson #1 came last night.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #250
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Eric Cantor is Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The Tea Party is here, and the Left will have to live with it. Hate to burst your bubble.
    This primary has nothing to do with the "left."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •