Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    I don't get it - how can there be so many shootings in gun-free zones?

  2. #22
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,436

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The number of school shootings sky rocketed after Sandy Hook. Before then they averaged about 5 or 6 school shootings a year. This year alone has seen about 40 incidents so far and the year is only half over.

    List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    High School seems to be causing PTSD for some teens every bit as much as a combat zone. The sooner we understand the mental causes of such violence the sooner we might find a solution.
    Absent Parent(s) and/or parents who should not have kids and Media without a conscience.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  3. #23
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,894
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I don't get it - how can there be so many shootings in gun-free zones?
    Because Gun Free zones are placed to discourage children from bringing guns to school for stupid stuff like showing off or bragging to their friends. No on really expects them to deter intentional school shootings.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Because Gun Free zones are placed to discourage children from bringing guns to school for stupid stuff like showing off or bragging to their friends. No on really expects them to deter intentional school shootings.
    Ah. It's a good thing. I'd hate to see dozens of kids bringing guns to school everyday. After all, outside of school, it's legal for minors to possess firearms.

  5. #25
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    That I live really close to the high school and have a friend working there.

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    In which respect is it close to home?
    Hail to the King baby!

  6. #26
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,894
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Ah. It's a good thing.
    I never said it was a good thing.

    After all, outside of school, it's legal for minors to possess firearms.
    Do you get paid to say stupid ****, because that's the only justification I'm seeing here.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    I never said it was a good thing.



    Do you get paid to say stupid ****, because that's the only justification I'm seeing here.
    You said that it was a "gun-free zone" so kids don't bring guns to school.

    "Sir, you cannot do coke here. This is a cocaine-free zone."

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You said that it was a "gun-free zone" so kids don't bring guns to school."Sir, you cannot do coke here. This is a cocaine-free zone."
    `
    "Do you get paid to say stupid ****?"

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,424

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The number of school shootings sky rocketed after Sandy Hook. Before then they averaged about 5 or 6 school shootings a year. This year alone has seen about 40 incidents so far and the year is only half over.

    List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    High School seems to be causing PTSD for some teens every bit as much as a combat zone. The sooner we understand the mental causes of such violence the sooner we might find a solution.
    We certainly need to get it under control. But the acceleration is not very well understood as far as I can make from browsing the literature this afternoon.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

    If you'll excuse me, I'll wait for some sensible people to enter the thread.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •