Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 387

Thread: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

  1. #341
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,761

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Technically, fascism is more of the autocratic deevolution of the right wing. The left's disfigured abominable child is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  2. #342
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,042

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I think you watch too much ****ing youtube.
    I guess that you didnt read the disclaimer.

    Give me one good reason to give a rational **** about what a progressive has to say?? to them I'm a racist hatemonger who wants to see blacks drown in the sea of capitalism.. Meanwhile you want them to have free boats paid for by me because you don't like me - that or "conservatives" whom I assume you believe are like 70, old and white.
    Normally when people converse they are talking about the same subject. You went off into left field because, I am guessing, your argument died a while a go. I dont care what those Progressives think about you or Conservatives. If it bothers you seek professional help.


  3. #343
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,042

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    I thought this thread was about a crazy, racist couple that went on a shooting spree. When did we start talking about rap?
    Nick doesnt actually read what he replies to, so he saw the rap vid and thought we were talking about rap. I hate rap though so perhaps he will talk about metal if I link metal?

  4. #344
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Doesn't this mean that if Democrats hadn't supported it, it wouldn't have passed either? Actually, Democrats voted 46 for and 21 against in the Senate... meaning they only really needed 5 Republican votes. With that little fact aside (the one where without Democrats party this bill wouldn't have passed - as Republicans didn't have the numbers to pass the bill on their own) let's look at the actual numbers. Since you brought up the numbers, I thought it would be interesting to show this:

    Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Senate



    House



    In short, if you were a Southerner, REGARDLESS OF PARTY, you voted against this. It certainly paints a different picture than what you're trying to present. Republicans had a negligible presence in the South at this point but even so, members of the Republican party in the South voted unanimously against this bill. What does that tell us? That you're being disingenuous by trying to paint Republicans as endorsers of the CRA'64. Not only did they take an assisting role in passing the bill, Republicans who lived in the South voted against this bill in greater percentages than their Democratic counterparts.
    Fixed that For You

    Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
    Southern Republicans: 0–2 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas & Strom Thurman S.C.)
    Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
    Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)
    Grand Kleagle Byrd also did the 14 hour filibuster...
    Last edited by HogWash; 06-12-14 at 01:24 PM.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  5. #345
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    Fixed that For You
    Strom Thurmond was a Democrat at the time and he wasn't a Senator when the bill was passed.

    Grand Kleagle Byrd also did the 14 hour filibuster...
    That has absolutely nothing to do with the erroneous image you displayed. Democrats were divided when it came to this bill and so were Republicans. Both sides were divided by the same ideological divide which spurred the civil. Democrats in the North supported the bill, the Democrats in the South - didn't. Republicans in the North supported the bill, the ones in the South - not so much. Presenting support of the civil rights act as a Democrats vs. Republicans issue is not only factually incorrect, it goes against what actually occurred.

    However, if we were to use your argument of those who voted vs. those who didn't- the state of Missouri was squarely in the segregationist/racist camp. This is the same state that game us Dredd Scott, joined as a slave state and had Jim Crowe laws.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-12-14 at 01:49 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #346
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Strom Thurmond was a Democrat at the time and he wasn't a Senator when the bill was passed.
    In this government track LINK of the U.S. Senate Vote https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/s268 Strom Thurmond is included AS A REPUBLICAN. This is WHY he left the democrat party.

    That has absolutely nothing to do with the erroneous image you displayed. Democrats were divided when it came to this bill and so were Republicans.
    Are you saying my MATH was wrong? That frigging bill (HR7152) would NOT HAVE PASSED WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY VOTES. PERIOD. Had the Republicans ALL voted NO, the bill would have FAILED.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  7. #347
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The media said that they were there. No details more than that from the story I got on mainstream news.


    They may have been there, for all I know... but that doesn't necessarily mean they were connected to Bundy, or acting with the support of Bundy or any organization involved.


    Frankly they sound like standard-issue loonies to me, who likely would have gone off at some point or other over one reason or another.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #348
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    In this government track LINK of the U.S. Senate Vote https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/s268 Strom Thurmond is included AS A REPUBLICAN. This is WHY he left the democrat party.
    Yes, and at the time he took the vote, he was a Democrat. What exactly is your problem with those facts?

    Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The Act was signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson on July 2, 1964, at the White House.
    Strom Thurmond - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    On September 16, 1964, he switched his party affiliation to the Republican Party (GOP), which was seeking to rebuild the party in the South by appealing to conservative white voters.[
    2 months after the act was passed, he switched parties.

    Are you saying my MATH was wrong? That frigging bill (HR7152) would NOT HAVE PASSED WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY VOTES. PERIOD. Had the Republicans ALL voted NO, the bill would have FAILED.
    I'm saying your explanation of events is wrong. You're essentially downplaying the fact that the majority of Democrats supported this bill so that you can claim that Republicans were essential in passing it. In reality, what was actually needed were a few Republican votes to offset those of Southern politicians. Less than 60 in the House and 5 in the Senate. It's far from the quintessential leading role you want to pretend Republicans had in passing the bill.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #349
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yes, and at the time he took the vote, he was a Democrat. What exactly is your problem with those facts?

    Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    Strom Thurmond - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    2 months after the act was passed, he switched parties.



    I'm saying your explanation of events is wrong. You're essentially downplaying the fact that the majority of Democrats supported this bill so that you can claim that Republicans were essential in passing it. In reality, what was actually needed were a few Republican votes to offset those of Southern politicians. Less than 60 in the House and 5 in the Senate. It's far from the quintessential leading role you want to pretend Republicans had in passing the bill.
    It wasn't my decision to include Strom as a Republican on the gov-track website. That makes it even better for the Republicans and WORSE for the democrats. I'll give you that racist...thanks for taking him.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  10. #350
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    It wasn't my decision to include Strom as a Republican on the gov-track website. That makes it even better for the Republicans and WORSE for the democrats. I'll give you that racist...thanks for taking him.
    Here...have a like...
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •