Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 387

Thread: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

  1. #261
    Professor
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I won't go that far; sure, there's a few TP types who strike me as full-blooded racists, but again, they're largely a. geographically Southern, and b. facing small electorates. Most of the Tea Party darlings who don't fall into those categories don't strike me as particularly racist. Backwards on a ton of issues, mostly their rabid social conservatism (GAY IS THE NEW BLACK), hyper-religiousness and complete lack of empathy for anyone who is not them, but not racist, per se. Ignorant, sure.
    I'm not "going that far" or going anywhere. There isn't any payoff for me to trace the lines the way they are going.
    If the Tea Party had held faithful to their outrage at excess, they eventually would have found more than a little common ground with the likes of Occupy.
    And that would have actually been GOOD FOR Occupy because sans any moderating influence from outside their bubble and lacking leadership, they instead became ripe for anarchist infiltration, much the same way the old Vietnam anti-war movement of the 60's became co-opted by CPUSA and the SWP.

    Are ALL Tea Partiers racist? No of course not. Some are focused on strictly fiscal and constitutional matters but again, you find that the deeper you go, the more you encounter the folks who believe everything past the Tenth Amendment is invalid. That means the Fourteenth gets tossed, yes?

    And then you're right back to where you started, not "wanting to go there" but finding yourself knee deep in it anyway.
    So okay, maybe I should instead say "The old Dixiecrats of yesterday found a welcome in the Republican sweep of the South and a good many of those eventually became the Christian Right, Christian Reconstructionist right wing and the Tea Party of the South."

    If I wanted a payoff of any kind it would simply be to continue exposing the ongoing revisionism.
    I have no issues with admitting the foibles of the Left or the Liberals in the past, or even now.
    What gets me is when someone on the other side sends their garbage over here and pretends it's ours.
    If I didn't respond to your diatribe, it's possible you may have
    engaged in revisionism or broad sweeping generalizations.
    I don't have time for either, and you're probably on my IGNORE list.

  2. #262
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    I'm not "going that far" or going anywhere. There isn't any payoff for me to trace the lines the way they are going.
    If the Tea Party had held faithful to their outrage at excess, they eventually would have found more than a little common ground with the likes of Occupy.
    And that would have actually been GOOD FOR Occupy because sans any moderating influence from outside their bubble and lacking leadership, they instead became ripe for anarchist infiltration, much the same way the old Vietnam anti-war movement of the 60's became co-opted by CPUSA and the SWP.

    Are ALL Tea Partiers racist? No of course not. Some are focused on strictly fiscal and constitutional matters but again, you find that the deeper you go, the more you encounter the folks who believe everything past the Tenth Amendment is invalid. That means the Fourteenth gets tossed, yes?

    And then you're right back to where you started, not "wanting to go there" but finding yourself knee deep in it anyway.
    So okay, maybe I should instead say "The old Dixiecrats of yesterday found a welcome in the Republican sweep of the South and a good many of those eventually became the Christian Right, Christian Reconstructionist right wing and the Tea Party of the South."

    If I wanted a payoff of any kind it would simply be to continue exposing the ongoing revisionism.
    I have no issues with admitting the foibles of the Left or the Liberals in the past, or even now.
    What gets me is when someone on the other side sends their garbage over here and pretends it's ours.
    I definitely agree with all that I bolded (I probably agree with more, but this is what stood out).

    There's a bunch of strict constructionists who have fallen under the "Tea Party" banner who basically feel the Bill of Rights is almost like the Ten Commandments -- never to be changed, EVER. Which, of course, negates a lot of good things.

    The Tea Party got co-opted by a Republican Party desperate to rebrand itself after 2008; the Occupy Wall Street movement got co-opted by the same dickskins who broke storefronts at the WTO in Seattle and other uprisings against the G7/G8/G20. Both were bastardized horribly from their original purpose.

    And yes, there are far too many conservatives on this forum that attempt to attach the "left" label to anything they perceive as negative (be it racism, fascism, socialism, Nazism, basically any -ism that isn't capitalism or freedomism) and then use that to brand all liberals as "Label X" while branding all conservatives as "Label Awesome."

    I had a "discussion" last week with a right-winger here on this very forum (I won't name names) who claimed that there is no such thing as right-wing totalitarianism or authoritarianism, simply because totalitarianism and authoritarianism are strictly left wing, ergo liberals are fascists, QED. The amount of intellectual dishonesty it takes to believe that is true is staggering.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #263
    Professor
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Now, getting all the way BACK to the original point about swastikas.
    To be very real about this, just finding swastikas really DOES NOT automatically mean that these were Neo Nazis for the simple reason that
    in this day and age swastikas in the USA are almost meaningless to young foolish punks on a rampage except for the fact that they represent some all consuming
    outlet for rage.

    Dumb kids collect swastikas.
    Dumb kids who fantasize that they are some sort of "new patriots" collect swastikas.
    Dumb kids who believe that they are starting some kind of "revolution" collect swastikas.

    If newer reports show a long internet history of these two having memberships in The National Alliance or Stormfront, and a
    long long list of friends who spout neo-nazi skinhead rhetoric then we can draw the dotted line between them and national socialism but
    for now it is more than enough that they clearly DID feel that they were aligned with the far right radical "patriot" movement. (which in my humble opinion has DESTROYED the actual meaning of the word at this point)
    If I didn't respond to your diatribe, it's possible you may have
    engaged in revisionism or broad sweeping generalizations.
    I don't have time for either, and you're probably on my IGNORE list.

  4. #264
    Professor
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I had a "discussion" last week with a right-winger here on this very forum (I won't name names) who claimed that there is no such thing as right-wing totalitarianism or authoritarianism, simply because totalitarianism and authoritarianism are strictly left wing, ergo liberals are fascists, QED. The amount of intellectual dishonesty it takes to believe that is true is staggering.

    No need to name names, I saw it live LOL.
    If I didn't respond to your diatribe, it's possible you may have
    engaged in revisionism or broad sweeping generalizations.
    I don't have time for either, and you're probably on my IGNORE list.

  5. #265
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    No need to name names, I saw it live LOL.
    Yeah, it was pretty much ridiculous on all levels.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #266
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Who did Clive Bundy shoot?



    He might have been involved in the death of a few harmless prairie dogs.

  7. #267
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    SWASTIKAS
    lags




    And Gadsden flags.

    What does that tell you?




    I predict that those two won't be involved in any more crimes.

  8. #268
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    He might have been involved in the death of a few harmless prairie dogs.
    Prairie dogs in the dessert? How'd those get there?

  9. #269
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    No, it's factually correct and everybody knows it except Libertarians. Let me put it in more simple terms. Libs like government and would like it to be active in society. Cons want less government, and the less they want the more Con they are. Unless you are now telling me that Libertarians actually love government and want more of it.
    i could tell you how yo are wrong yet again, but we all know it won't change your mind.

    i'm cool with letting you continue to be wrong.

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    i could tell you how yo are wrong yet again, but we all know it won't change your mind.

    i'm cool with letting you continue to be wrong.
    Thanks. Your coolness means the world to me.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •