Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 387

Thread: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    actually it could be....but you are right....the Vegas killers are the result of connection to right wing politics....
    Jonestown was a result of connection the Left Wing politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Well, I think people missed the actual point of the story. It seems this guy saw the government as nazis. I mean, it's not that far off from what your average talk radio following wingnut will spew on a daily basis. Think about it, how many threads have we seen from both extreme right wing and extreme left wing posters on the evils of government and how we're now living in 1988 or some other bull**** book they've read. To me, this is a case of people who at no point were able to discern between reality, politics and the fiction so many spew in this country.

    I've read a few books on this fictionalized American government so many wingnuts have. A great one is by Matt Taibbi from Rolling Stone. He essentially states that on both sides there are people who live for the conspiracy. We've all seen them. The birthers, the truthers, the whateverers - they're all part of a group of people who simply need life to be far more exciting than the realities they live. In their fantasies, we're all being subconsciously controlled by the government and where oppression is only an inherent trait of whatever party they hate. However, the reality is that these people adhere to such beliefs because their own lives are pretty boring. They are not accomplished college football stars. They don't excel at school. They aren't even good orators. The majority of them just write gibberish on their blogs in attempts to sound important. Just look at the Santa Barbara shooter. He felt he wasn't taken as seriously as he took himself and he reacted violently.

    In short: These shooters need to be part of a situation where they have a proverbial villain to fight.

    Movies and books have glamorized the Joe-Everyman fighting against the government plot line and many feel that the only way for them to become important or martyrs is by mimicking their favorite heroes. Instead of joining the military or becoming volunteers they invent boogiemen that exist only by creating wire thin scenarios where they will be regarded as the catalysts of revolutions. It's a damn shame because they always end up seen as evil men by the general populace.

    It's quite a shame that this has turned into a discussion of evil right wing vs. evil left wing. It would have made for a great discussion on the lack of achievement so many of these shooters have and why they react so violently.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-09-14 at 11:43 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's quite a shame that this has turned into a discussion of evil right wing vs. evil left wing. It would have made for a great discussion on the lack of achievement so many of these shooters have and why they react so violently.
    Meet the Millers.

    This guy is all over the political spectrum.

    The government are Nazis (Marxist)
    The cops are Nazis. (The radical left of the 60's and 70's)
    I hate people on food stamps (Tax payers)
    I oppose Obama. (Tea Party)
    Start the revolution. (Marxist)
    Anarchism is the answer. (Occupy Wall Street)
    Convicted felon. (____________)
    Marijuana user. (Young liberal stoner)
    Meth head. (White trash on welfare)
    Dresses up as the Joker to make a buck. (Loser)
    Dresses up as Tinkerbell. (RED FLAG)

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Meet the Millers.

    This guy is all over the political spectrum.

    The government are Nazis (Marxist)
    The cops are Nazis. (The radical left of the 60's and 70's)
    I hate people on food stamps (Tax payers)
    I oppose Obama. (Tea Party)
    Start the revolution. (Marxist)
    Anarchism is the answer. (Occupy Wall Street)
    Convicted felon. (____________)
    Marijuana user. (Young liberal stoner)
    Meth head. (White trash on welfare)
    Dresses up as the Joker to make a buck. (Loser)
    Dresses up as Tinkerbell. (RED FLAG)
    He was nuts and/or staggeringly stupid.

  5. #95
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    This story is about people who shot innocent people. There is no correlation to Bundy at all. And you mention people cracking, which of course Bundy didn't. Maybe you just miss talking about him? I don't know.

    Bundy didn't shoot anyone. These people did.
    But there is video evidence linking the two. You may not like it because it makes your buddy look bad, but so it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #96
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Jonestown was a result of connection the Left Wing politics.
    And since two wrongs equal a right....oh wait...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #97
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    youre joking right? the media does not look when it does NOT want to find.....
    So the media won't cover it, therefore your little scenario must be true.

    If there were any evidence at all, you could at least come up with a WND story. Where is it?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #98
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    saying Israel's policies are wrong isn't anti-semitic and I challenge you to find someone who says that. Saying that the policy is in place because of THE JEWS is anti-semitic.
    Well those policies are in place because of some Jews. The ones running Israel...(not an anti-semitic rant, but I think we can all agree that the Israeli government is mostly Jewish).


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #99
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    we need to go into every murdering gang members room and see what they find.. Im going to bet a lot of Obama posters..

    wanna bet me?
    Good luck proving that rather specious claim.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #100
    Professor
    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,475

    re: Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers[W:251]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    My point is how the media will spin this to take more of our freedoms as they protect those that are killing machines within Chicago and many other cities and we see the violence spiking wherever lib policy is in place..
    OMG!!!

    memefacescared2-panel-NOPE.jpg

    Let's see...it's been five years, you still have your guns, you're still NOT in a FEMA camp, we still haven't declared the USA a socialist country, certainly
    not if Wall Street stock prices are any indicator, and I don't live in Chicago, which has seen violence of every stripe regardless of WHICH political party was in control
    of the country or the city, so I don't give two ****s.

    If your "free-dumbs" were in jeopardy, they'd already be gone.
    Your point borders on hysterical fearmongering and dog whistle paranoia, MY point is, WE STILL don't know diddly, and I could care less how the media spins it
    because I got a very good education and I know how to glean what I need to make my own decisions on current events.
    You should try it sometime, the getting a good education thing I mean. It's not too late.

    That goes for the rest of the low information screaming Mimi's here and elsewhere too, while I'm at it.
    If I didn't respond to your diatribe, it's possible you may have
    engaged in revisionism or broad sweeping generalizations.
    I don't have time for either, and you're probably on my IGNORE list.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •