Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 119

Thread: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you suggesting that people who can be considered rich be deprived of their constitutional rights?
    No, not at all. What I'm suggesting is that they too get their balls nailed to the wall like the rest of us when we **** up. Money used as a shield should have 0 standing in the legal system. The merits of any case should be determined by the written law not by how many zeroes one has in their bank account.

    Problems with money, which extend into the political parties, particularly within the right, need to be fixed. Example: people against abortion & social welfare & minimum wage increases & unions but say little to nothing about businesses packing up their entire operation and going overseas I.e. taking their jobs to 3rd world countries so they can pay their new employees slave wages. That is quite the convoluted belief system, which is in desperate need of adjustment. Granted, on the left the remedy is "let's throw more money at it and see what happens" instead of addressing the real problem: insanely rich people ****ing over the working class in America just so they can become even richer.

    So, on one hand we have a dominant political party that condones that while the other curiously ignores it while spending more-and-more taxpayer money to compensate for their inability to keep jobs in America because Big Business has them by the balls too.

  2. #72
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    No, not at all. What I'm suggesting is that they too get their balls nailed to the wall like the rest of us when we **** up. Money used as a shield should have 0 standing in the legal system. The merits of any case should be determined by the written law not by how many zeroes one has in their bank account.

    Problems with money, which extend into the political parties, particularly within the right, need to be fixed. Example: people against abortion & social welfare & minimum wage increases & unions but say little to nothing about businesses packing up their entire operation and going overseas I.e. taking their jobs to 3rd world countries so they can pay their new employees slave wages. That is quite the convoluted belief system, which is in desperate need of adjustment. Granted, on the left the remedy is "let's throw more money at it and see what happens" instead of addressing the real problem: insanely rich people ****ing over the working class in America just so they can become even richer.

    So, on one hand we have a dominant political party that condones that while the other curiously ignores it while spending more-and-more taxpayer money to compensate for their inability to keep jobs in America because Big Business has them by the balls too.
    There are plenty of examples where non-rich folks have received lighter sentences than this. No blustering about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #73
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,101
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    That was one of the most horrible - ridiculous cases on injustice I have ever seen. That kid should have got at least 10-years.

    I don't see how believing "you're above the law because you have money" is an actual defense.

    The most ridiculous or ironic thing about this case is that the taxpayers will be paying for 75% of his "treatment."
    It's Texas, they're always bragging about their state coffers.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  4. #74
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The sad thing is, from the sounds of what he did, I'd love to see this guy get significantly more than this. And I'd love to know why the mom and the daughter won't testify. But the sad realities is sometimes in our legal system people do horrible things and get away with less than they probably should because of the protections we have built into the system. Much like the Westboro people and the first amendment, sometimes we have to take this kind of bad with the good as it comes to our rights under the legal system.

    If you think the guy deserves a stronger punishment then he got, I understand. I feel the same way. But from the information available the culprit isn't his wealth, it's the way our legal system works.
    @ least one member is placing part of the blame on the children themselves, e.g., lying about their age, 12 year olds playing with other things besides dolls, etc, etc, etc..

    But that's typical from a defense attorney's standpoint or argument, blame the victims.

  5. #75
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,380

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    It's Texas, they're always bragging about their state coffers.
    Nice drive by snarky. I guess the fact that this was Wisconsin won't convince you that your comment was as inappropriate as it is. Lame.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  6. #76
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Nice drive by snarky. I guess the fact that this was Wisconsin won't convince you that your comment was as inappropriate as it is. Lame.
    Things go better in Wisconsin with Koch.

  7. #77
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    I don't think so, it was, or they were vying for a felony charge, but since the victims didn't wish to cooperate, the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor.
    fourth months-6 thousand dollar fine is an extremely stiff sentence for a first time misdemeanor



  8. #78
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    fourth months-6 thousand dollar fine is an extremely stiff sentence for a first time misdemeanor
    It should have remained a felony IMO.

  9. #79
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    It should have remained a felony IMO.
    maybe so but 95% of criminal cases are plea bargained out. and the sentence he got for a MI was really stiff



  10. #80
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Billionaire Pleads Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    maybe so but 95% of criminal cases are plea bargained out. and the sentence he got for a MI was really stiff
    Well, he plea bargained (lawyer) it's reasonable because felony child molestation is a pretty serious crime, it's like 60 years imprisonment and a $100,000 fine or something like that, he got off easy. I'm thinking he had a class B felony charge. Class B because he allegedly molested two children.

    WI Criminal Penalties & Sentencing ? Milwaukee Criminal Lawyer

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •