Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 106

Thread: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    North Korea is very much a true example of a socialist state....

    Those who support socialism deny the NUMEROUS states that suffer because of socialism and call them "not true socialist states" because it defeats their argument(s) for socialism.

    Show me a socialist paradise, where freedom flows and economy is booming.... Oh you cant because one of the fundamental problems with socialism isn't to create capital - it's to sustain a set amount of a population - until that population gets to large they start their purges and culls.

    As far as I'm concerned socialism is no different than terrorism,
    North Korea is a far cry from socialism. Well, depends on how you define socialism but the general consensus of those knowledgeable on the topic would agree that NK is not socialist. As Jet said, it's more of a giant mafia state with monarchical characteristics. It sponsors massive organized crime such as counterfeiting, drug production, and such. In the inside, there's a huge black market that the state is semi-tolerating. Its three generations of hereditary rule and absolute worship of the "Leader" echoes monarchies centuries ago.
    FYI, if you really think socialism is terrorism, then
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I realize that photography is highly restricted in the DPRK. I also realize they bug your rooms so ill be careful of what I say.
    Bug your rooms? you do realized you're watched and chaperoned 24-7, and only shown what the North Koreans want you to see??

    In what country in the world do you have a "tour guide" at your side 24-7 and are restricted from traveling freely???

    The funniest part is that these "tour guides" spend 90% of their time degrading the US and capitalism in general, and another 5% pointing out the dear leaders and how they come from rainbows and are Gods or the children of God.

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Take one look at North Korea vs South Korea and now tell me which is the more successful economic model? totalitarian socialism or capitalism?

    I would love to hear your argument on this one.
    North Korea is not totalitarian socialism as I said earlier and South Korea is also far from being a free capitalist state or a democratic one. In fact, its economic miracle occured during its period of fascist dictators.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    North Korea is a far cry from socialism. Well, depends on how you define socialism but the general consensus of those knowledgeable on the topic would agree that NK is not socialist. As Jet said, it's more of a giant mafia state with monarchical characteristics. It sponsors massive organized crime such as counterfeiting, drug production, and such. In the inside, there's a huge black market that the state is semi-tolerating. Its three generations of hereditary rule and absolute worship of the "Leader" echoes monarchies centuries ago.
    FYI, if you really think socialism is terrorism, then
    I'll concede to this - North Korea doesn't have enough resources to be a true "socialist nation" which is why they throw most "dissenters" in prison camps along with their families so they can actually employ socialism on the rest who obey to the totalitarian rules set by the regime...

    However, that is a typical socialist tactic - you only have enough resources for X amount so the rest dissent must be jailed or culled and forced to rot in prison or provide for the privileged who do live by the "law" like zombies.

    Remember the socialist economic model is not designed to handle population growth - which is when China still practiced socialism they had a one-child rule, and usually it was the female that was murdered - because the female could do little for society and could reproduce.

    Socialism goes way beyond an economic model and is more of a socioeconomic model - that is cruel to humanity or any nation that practices such an economic ideology.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    North Korea is not totalitarian socialism as I said earlier and South Korea is also far from being a free capitalist state or a democratic one. In fact, its economic miracle occured during its period of fascist dictators.
    North Korea is without question a totalitarian state and there is not one educated person that would argue otherwise.

    Apparently you need a dictionary - because I don't even believe North Korean supporters would deny the state is totalitarian - as a matter of fact I think it's one of the reasons they adore the state.

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    North Korea is without question a totalitarian state and there is not one educated person that would argue otherwise.

    Apparently you need a dictionary - because I don't even believe North Korean supporters would deny the state is totalitarian - as a matter of fact I think it's one of the reasons they adore the state.
    I disgressed with the term "socialism" not "totalitarianism"
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  7. #77
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Bug your rooms? you do realized you're watched and chaperoned 24-7, and only shown what the North Koreans want you to see??

    In what country in the world do you have a "tour guide" at your side 24-7 and are restricted from traveling freely???

    The funniest part is that these "tour guides" spend 90% of their time degrading the US and capitalism in general, and another 5% pointing out the dear leaders and how they come from rainbows and are Gods or the children of God.
    I realize all of this. Lets just say I have a fetish for DPRK documentaries.


  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You still could not be missing the point harder. Not going to waste my time attempting to explain it again.

    Why would you man..... Did you study communism or totalitarian regimes such as Mao, Pol Pot, Kim Jong-il, Kim Il-sung etc?

    Why would you want to argue with me when your idea socialist utopia is a commune cult? instead of a nation or state that has been enslaved for the elite?

    I understand your fascination and desire for socialism - but I don't believe you can see beyond that and how it can murder hundreds of millions and destroy countries, beyond just wanted to be free and feed themselves.

    That is the fundamental problem with socialism on a national scale.

    To you it's free sex and free food - to others its murder, totalitarianism and lack of food.

  9. #79
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,873

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Why would you man..... Did you study communism or totalitarian regimes such as Mao, Pol Pot, Kim Jong-il, Kim Il-sung etc?

    Why would you want to argue with me when your idea socialist utopia is a commune cult? instead of a nation or state that has been enslaved for the elite?

    I understand your fascination and desire for socialism - but I don't believe you can see beyond that and how it can murder hundreds of millions and destroy countries, beyond just wanted to be free and feed themselves.

    That is the fundamental problem with socialism on a national scale.

    To you it's free sex and free food - to others its murder, totalitarianism and lack of food.
    Apparently you don't, since I'm no socialist. But by all means, please continue building your strawmen to attack.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #80
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,873

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    North Korea is without question a totalitarian state and there is not one educated person that would argue otherwise.

    Apparently you need a dictionary - because I don't even believe North Korean supporters would deny the state is totalitarian - as a matter of fact I think it's one of the reasons they adore the state.
    Nobody said it wasn't a totalitarian state.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •