Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 106

Thread: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

  1. #31
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,914
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Another American detained in DPRK for very weird reasons. This time we are not even being told the exact reason. I expect this just to be more attention seeking from the DPRK government. Hopefully this US citizen can be undetained and returned home ASAP. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Can anyone explain why any American tourist would want to visit North Korea? Any American should know these guys will detain and throw Americans in jail for no reason whatsoever. Don't American passports still have a list of countries in the front that are not visit or the passport is valid in.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #32
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I guess the OP, TheDemSocialist, may view North Korea as a model of socialism and he admires it and wants to see it first hand? Pretty twisted, but it's the only reason I could think of why he'd want to go there.
    Demsocialist does not think that.

    North Korea is no model for socialism.

    North Korea can best be described as a Narco-Terrorist Tyrannical state set up to support the Kim Family and the ruling elite.

    They are the only ones who benefit from the state existing at all.

    Citizens specially selected to live in Pyongyang do well by North Korean standards.

    But North Korea is FAR from socialist.

  3. #33
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Demsocialist does not think that.

    North Korea is no model for socialism.

    North Korea can best be described as a Narco-Terrorist Tyrannical state set up to support the Kim Family and the ruling elite.

    They are the only ones who benefit from the state existing at all.

    Citizens specially selected to live in Pyongyang do well by North Korean standards.

    But North Korea is FAR from socialist.
    'Citizens specially selected to live in Pyongyang...'

    That is socialism.

  4. #34
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    'Citizens specially selected to live in Pyongyang...'

    That is socialism.
    That has nothing to do with socialism.

    They have something called the Songbun system, which is a cast system based on the political, social and economic backround of their direct ancestors.

    It affects everything from education to employment, those descendents of Korean War Veterans and high ranking party members tend to have very high songbun...

    Socialism is an economic system, not a caste system.

    You have good Songbun, you get to live in Pyongyang and have greater access to services and food.

    No definition of socialism fits that definition except the bizarro right wing definition where literally anything they don't like can be described by that word.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Another American detained in DPRK for very weird reasons. This time we are not even being told the exact reason. I expect this just to be more attention seeking from the DPRK government. Hopefully this US citizen can be undetained and returned home ASAP. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Why anyone wants to go to NK is beyond me. It's one of the last places on Earth I'd want to go.

    That said, maybe we can work out a trade. I'd be willing to give them a half dozen or so of the prisoners we have on death row for this one prisoner they have. Such a deal. Lil Kim should be tripping all over himself to accept.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #36
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,343

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Why anyone wants to go to NK is beyond me. It's one of the last places on Earth I'd want to go.

    That said, maybe we can work out a trade. I'd be willing to give them a half dozen or so of the prisoners we have on death row for this one prisoner they have. Such a deal. Lil Kim should be tripping all over himself to accept.
    There are people who want to visit every country as their bucket list. I don't think this is such a person.

  7. #37
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    There are people who want to visit every country as their bucket list. I don't think this is such a person.
    If that were my goal, I'd make North Korea last on the list, because I know I probably wouldn't be leaving. Lol

  8. #38
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,343

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    If that were my goal, I'd make North Korea last on the list, because I know I probably wouldn't be leaving. Lol
    Agreed. I see that it is reported that he had left a bible in his room. That sounds like a tourist with an agenda. If your faith is so important that you need to bring a bible with you to North Korea, maybe this isn't the tourist destination for you.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because we have an embargo on them. And its the same thing. A travel warning. Not a ban like we have on Cuba, but a warning.
    Well if you ignore the warnings, you deserve to get what you get. The warnings are there for a reason. If idiots want to ignore them, they deserve the jail they get.

  10. #40
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: North Korea says it is holding American tourist for unspecified violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Can anyone explain why any American tourist would want to visit North Korea?
    Interest in the county.

    Any American should know these guys will detain and throw Americans in jail for no reason whatsoever. Don't American passports still have a list of countries in the front that are not visit or the passport is valid in.
    Its rare.


Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •