Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 524

Thread: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287:411]

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well let me ask you this. Is there anything we could say or show you that could change your mind? Or is your opinion of what God's word is final.
    About what specifically?

  2. #372
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,929

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    About what specifically?
    About same sex marriage being immoral.

  3. #373
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    The link in post #262.
    Ten pages back to something already refuted. I'm not playing ring around the rosies with you. You did not prove anything at all in that thread and that was shown to you in that thread. You cannot prove yourself using flawed logic that assumes that you are right just because you think you are right.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    About same sex marriage being immoral.
    No, as nothing you say could change the basic realities of, well, reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Ten pages back to something already refuted. I'm not playing ring around the rosies with you. You did not prove anything at all in that thread and that was shown to you in that thread. You cannot prove yourself using flawed logic that assumes that you are right just because you think you are right.
    Which post in the thread disproved me?

  5. #375
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    No, as nothing you say could change the basic realities of, well, reality.

    Which post in the thread disproved me?
    You didn't believe them so I'm not going to bother. You simply cannot accept that things are not as you think they are just because you believe they are that way.

    Now, are you going to return to the actual topic or try to continue this pointless theological debate in a thread that is not about the existence of God?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #376
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You didn't believe them so I'm not going to bother. You simply cannot accept that things are not as you think they are just because you believe they are that way.

    Now, are you going to return to the actual topic or try to continue this pointless theological debate in a thread that is not about the existence of God?
    So you're back to refusing to discuss the issue.

  7. #377
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,929

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    No, as nothing you say could change the basic realities of, well, reality.
    Well there you go then, that's what makes you a fundamentalist. The difference between you and me is that if new evidence were introduced proving that gay marriage would factually undermine society or prove harmful in any large, concrete way, I would accept it and change my mind. If the possibility of changing your mind doesn't exist, you are a fundamentalist. Fundamentalism isn't just about strapping bombs to your body and blowing up a school bus, it's about regular mundane stuff like this, too. And we can't reason with a fundamentalist, not when he's got God on his side.

  8. #378
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    So you're back to refusing to discuss the issue.
    I'm not discussing whether or not your beliefs are facts or not because any reasonable person can see that this argument has been played out and you refuse to accept the evidence presented to you. Plus, it has nothing to do with the OP. Whether you like it or not, Christianity does not have any place in our secular government, secular laws.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well there you go then, that's what makes you a fundamentalist. The difference between you and me is that if new evidence were introduced proving that gay marriage would factually undermine society or prove harmful in any large, concrete way, I would accept it and change my mind. If the possibility of changing your mind doesn't exist, you are a fundamentalist. Fundamentalism isn't just about strapping bombs to your body and blowing up a school bus, it's about regular mundane stuff like this, too. And we can't reason with a fundamentalist, not when he's got God on his side.
    Personal attacks aside, I should note that gay marriage, in addition to offending God, is also provably wrong in itself, since it inherently condones acts which directly subvert human nature.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I'm not discussing whether or not your beliefs are facts or not because any reasonable person can see that this argument has been played out and you refuse to accept the evidence presented to you. Plus, it has nothing to do with the OP. Whether you like it or not, Christianity does not have any place in our secular government, secular laws.
    You're still dodging.

  10. #380
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,929

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Personal attacks aside, I should note that gay marriage, in addition to offending God,
    Fundamentalism. We can't reason with someone who's got God on his side.

    is also provably wrong in itself, since it inherently condones acts which directly subvert human nature.
    Do tell.

Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •