Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 524

Thread: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287:411]

  1. #341
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban

    The key part:



    Use of the term gender instead of orientation could be important for future rulings. Have not read the ruling itself yet so take the reporting for what it is worth.
    "Gender" is referring to the married couple's gender. There would be no reason to mention orientation in that argument.

  2. #342
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    These people aren't debating, they are trying to personally put you down. Don't take them seriously.
    No one is trying to personally put him down. People are just trying to correct some inconsistencies or misinformation in his argument.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #343
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    After a century of conservatives trying to deprive us of liberty and basic dignity, think i'll pass on trusting them ever.
    A century? And liberals have been fighting for your rights for a century? Revise history much?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #344
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So this isnt a serious proposal, right?

    For one thing, you dont seem to realize that gay people reproduce 'naturally' all the time...men sire babies, women have babies. Unless you suggest NOW, that mixed straight families also have to settle for civil unions? You know, where they have adopted kids (none of their DNA!!!!), step-kids (only one's DNA), used artificial means to get pregnant, etc?

    And I thought that marriage (it's legal...that's the entire discussion) was a strictly religious convention and to be used only for the religious. You wrote that.

    If that's the case, let anyone who wants to marry do so...in their church, in the Eyes of God..and not worry about the legal aspect. Dont need any license. Why do they care? It's about love and babies and God....not tax benefits. Right?

    You also demonstrate a vast ignorance of legal paperwork..where all letterhead, departments, titles, signage etc etc etc have to have the correct titles? And there will be a different bureaus overseeing them....otherwise, who will be checking the genders on all the paperwork? LMAO! $$$$$$$$ for the taxpayers.

    It's utterly ridiculous to create another designation for no other reason than self-righteous indignation.
    And let us not forget that this would cause a serious issue when it comes to transsexuals because many change sex after they legally marry a person of the opposite sex. So then, more money has to be spent converting their marriage to a union.

    Plus, there is then the question of what to do with those domestic partnerships and/or civil unions in some states that exist so that the couples, either same sex or opposite sex, can have a legal union that is not as restrictive or hard to get out of as marriage or they simply don't want marriage. Many opposite sex couples are involved in domestic partnerships or civil unions in various states for various reasons. If they wanted marriage, they would have gotten married, not simply be in these less recognized unions.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #345
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,876

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And let us not forget that this would cause a serious issue when it comes to transsexuals because many change sex after they legally marry a person of the opposite sex. So then, more money has to be spent converting their marriage to a union.
    I think it's funny you think that anyone who'd object to SSM would give a damn about transssexuals.


    Not being dismissive, it just made me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #346
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I think it's funny you think that anyone who'd object to SSM would give a damn about transssexuals.

    Not being dismissive, it just made me laugh.
    Just bringing up a flaw in the logic that it would be easy to have two separate legally recognized unions to create spousal kinship, one for opposite sex and one for same sex couples. This wouldn't just be an issue for transsexuals to face either. It would be more work and money the government would have to devote to those particular types of couples and determining their legal status. I do believe there are some out there who do think that it would be that easy and can't see all the real flaws that such a position holds. Pointing those out can lead to some people understanding why same sex couples should simply be allowed to marry.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #347
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    I will buy the "separate but equal" argument when heterosexuals get civil unions only and homosexuals are the only ones who can get married.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You're a fundamentalist if its not possible to reason with you and there's no room for someone with opposing beliefs to coexist with you. After all, you fully believe that you've got the word of God on your side. No way any of us can compete with that. There is nothing we could say or do that could convince you any other point of view could hold legitimacy.
    Ad hominem.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You have not presented a valid argument. You refer people to Aquinas Five and then when those are refuted (as has been in the past, I will not bother to go into it, look it up yourself, since I've already done this with you at least once before), you simply repeat and try to say that no refutation of your argument has been presented when it isn't even your argument to begin with, but rather an argument presented by a Priest centuries ago.

    Again, you have provided no valid argument that your God (not just the Christian God, but your exact God, the God that is exactly how you see Him) exists. You really haven't provided a valid argument for the existence of the Christian God. Even if we were to accept Aquinas Five, it could easily work for the existence of any God, not just the Christian God.

    Oh, and if you are going to try to "point me out" to people, you might want to get a couple of things right, such as my screenname and my gender, both of which you screwed up.
    Wow. You're stills evading. Does the possibility of God existing really terrify you so deeply that you lose all ability to reason? If there is a refutation, please cite it rather than simply asserting that it exists.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Ack! You're right. This is what I was supposed to quote:





    I bolded the "true" whackiness and the "true" reason we NEED to keep state and church separate.

    My Lord! That is the same as Muslims with blind extremism.
    So you're argument is that it's possible hat he survived the crucifixion, survived wing buried for several days, and then pretended to have died and then just disappeared? Really?

  9. #349
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,876

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post

    So you're argument is that it's possible hat he survived the crucifixion, survived wing buried for several days, and then pretended to have died and then just disappeared? Really?
    People have done it before and been hailed as miracles.

    Many people have been buried alive and dug up again after awakening and being heard. And Jesus was oiled and wrapped and stored...not buried
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    People have done it before and been hailed as miracles.

    Many people have been buried alive and dug up again after awakening and being heard. And Jesus was oiled and wrapped and stored...not buried
    Days later? Such as?

Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •