Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 524

Thread: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287:411]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,669

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    Very well constructed counter arguement and I see your point and by seeing it I grant those points to you as valid and true. I suppose this is a situation I should do a bit more soul searching on in an attempt to further evolve and develop a more informed opinion on. Thank you Lursa.
    Interesting. We may disagree but I admire someone who gives another a 2nd chance and at least tries to understand the discussion even if not agreeing.

    I am a rather sarcastic poster...didnt realize you were new.

    (flattery will get you everywhere! )
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #332
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Chicago, Suburbs
    Last Seen
    06-27-14 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    307

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Interesting. We may disagree but I admire someone who gives another a 2nd chance and at least tries to understand the discussion even if not agreeing.

    I am a rather sarcastic poster...didnt realize you were new.

    (flattery will get you everywhere! )
    It is quite fine I am a rather sarcastic poster as well (I love satire...). While I see myself as a Libertarian-Right for the moment I am always open to evolving on issues which I don't feel I know enough about or haven't debated on enough to form an opinion. I look at debate as a dialogue and a chance to evolve and expose myself to contrarian ideas and beliefs. The whole point of a debate is to bring two opposing sides together, not to drive them apart. If the opposite were true debate would have no purpose now would it? ^_^

  3. #333
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    Sorry had to sleep. Anyways I'm awake and ready for some action let me first start by saying I have many homosexual friends half of whom have made the very same arguement that I made to you and YES my friends happen to be CONSERVATIVE HOMOSEXUALS. Something that must be very foreign and quite oxymoronical to those of you on the left. However they make the case that the core of the LGBT wishes to do as much as possible to destroy conventional views and family lifestyles (keep in mind those conservatives IN the LGBT get shunned by the largely liberal group). One arguement that I have been presented with by people who are gay themselves is that this opens a very slippery slope. If we let gays marry then what? Polygamy? Beastiality? What about the man who is quite partial to that foot mannequin?? When you open something like marraige up to redefinition you open the flood gates for other objectors outside of the norm.

    You are full of ****. You didn't have some "gay friend" say all this to you. These are your opinions, and you know they're ridiculous so you had to try and hide them behind an imaginary friend you think we'd be less likely to disagree with. Well, guess what? If your non-existant gay friend thinks this, they're an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    Finally someone says something that makes sense diggin your post Card thank you for making that point.

    I suppose you are right that some laws DO have merit those laws which are specifically designed to PROTECT the rights of individuals are ones I'd say have the most merits. Laws that restrict the rights of citizenry are laws that are ones to be more vigilant against. I mean I suppose at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is people being happy. Mostly I am concerned about some of my less open and homophobic friends further to the right of myself I worry that something like this could cause more harm than good with enough outrage.

    Oh look. More bull****.
    Last edited by Deuce; 06-12-14 at 10:00 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #334
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    1.)There is a "slippery slope" LAW IS by its very nature a SERIES of slippery slopes as all past law, and future law is based on PRECEDENT
    2.) assuming you are a liberal this should be a very foreign idea to you.
    3.)It is that past laws and present laws effect FUTURE laws in the same way that past decisions by SCOTUS are typically cited in current decisions by SCOTUS.
    4.) And to single out the word "Bestiality" out of the other examples such as "polygamy" and the whole foot mannequin thing...
    5.)anyways I find it rather disturbing that you try to discredit my opinion with by saying that no "educated or honest person" could take it seriously.
    6.)No my good sir just no Progressive LibDems will take me seriously (Not that I care what the LibDems think).

    7.)Equal treatment under different names is still equal treatment.

    8.) If we are going to argue for semantics purposes and semantics solely than it is not an arguement worth having.

    9.) IF the LGBT wishes to throw my proposal away due to "semantics" then so be it it simply prooves how rigged, furvent, and blind progressive libdems of the LGBT truely are.

    10.) Hopefully more people in the LGBT will realize that conservatives are simply concerned about the precedent this sets for future lawmakers and future activist groups.


    1.) im so happy you mentioned PRECEDENCE and bolded it like it supports your failed and factually wrong claim when its exactly what proves your statement wrong..
    if you think your factually wrong statement is true simply provide the precedent that can be used that is solely related to SSM to support beaslitalty.

    2.) you assume wrong and this deflection further exposes how theres no accurate, logical, factual or legality based support for your claim

    3.) see #1 this is what makes your statement wrong it doesnt support it

    4.) use any one you want, it doesnt matter they will all fail based on the examples you provided. There is ZERO precedence that can be taken solely from Equal rights/SSM that lends itself to polgamy, beasitly or manniguins. Try it will be fun.

    5.) again its not me that discredited the opinions and factually false statments you made its facts, laws rights, reality, legality and precedence that all do that. They all disagree with your false claim.

    6.) another failed deflection, my statement stands nobody educated, honest and objective will ever take the comparison of equal rights to beastality seriously etc because it would be mentally retarded to actually thing those comparisons are parallel when they are not analogous and they are inane.

    7.) factually false has history, law and rights prove and has was proven in post #293 which you totally dodged because it destroyed your failed statement.

    8.) i agree your argument is worthless since facts, history, law, rights, precedence all easily defeat it

    9.)the LBGT and all americans that support equal rights laugh and through it away because it is factually not equal which as already been proven and is further proven by the questions you dodge.

    10.) please dont group your views with all conservatives millions of them disagree with you and support equal rights.

    facts win again

    again let us know when you have any facts that support your failed claims.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #335
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Chicago, Suburbs
    Last Seen
    06-27-14 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    307

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) im so happy you mentioned PRECEDENCE and bolded it like it supports your failed and factually wrong claim when its exactly what proves your statement wrong..
    if you think your factually wrong statement is true simply provide the precedent that can be used that is solely related to SSM to support beaslitalty.

    2.) you assume wrong and this deflection further exposes how theres no accurate, logical, factual or legality based support for your claim

    3.) see #1 this is what makes your statement wrong it doesnt support it

    4.) use any one you want, it doesnt matter they will all fail based on the examples you provided. There is ZERO precedence that can be taken solely from Equal rights/SSM that lends itself to polgamy, beasitly or manniguins. Try it will be fun.

    5.) again its not me that discredited the opinions and factually false statments you made its facts, laws rights, reality, legality and precedence that all do that. They all disagree with your false claim.

    6.) another failed deflection, my statement stands nobody educated, honest and objective will ever take the comparison of equal rights to beastality seriously etc because it would be mentally retarded to actually thing those comparisons are parallel when they are not analogous and they are inane.

    7.) factually false has history, law and rights prove and has was proven in post #293 which you totally dodged because it destroyed your failed statement.

    8.) i agree your argument is worthless since facts, history, law, rights, precedence all easily defeat it

    9.)the LBGT and all americans that support equal rights laugh and through it away because it is factually not equal which as already been proven and is further proven by the questions you dodge.

    10.) please dont group your views with all conservatives millions of them disagree with you and support equal rights.

    facts win again

    again let us know when you have any facts that support your failed claims.
    J if you followed along a little more you would realize that I have redacted myself as I now believe I don't know enough on the issue to have a truely valid opinion, as such I am withdrawing from this discussion except for maybe posing questions now and again to better understand the issue. I am sorry if what I said struck a nerve or offended you

  6. #336
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    J if you followed along a little more you would realize that I have redacted myself as I now believe I don't know enough on the issue to have a truely valid opinion, as such I am withdrawing from this discussion except for maybe posing questions now and again to better understand the issue. I am sorry if what I said struck a nerve or offended you
    good move because your posts were severely uninformed and it was obvious that you lacked education on this particular topic. It takes integrity to admit when a person is wrong though and to admit they simply are ill informed and out of thier league on a topic so congrats. and that is said with ZERO sarcasm.

    and no need to be sorry, nerves cant be struck on a message board lol
    besides I like helping to educated people, let me know if you need any other facts pointed out or misunderstandings corrected id be glad to help.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #337
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    i really don't believe a word of what he said there
    Well, if he was telling the truth, it still went to my second point. He needs to change the people he spends time with.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #338
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    Sorry had to sleep. Anyways I'm awake and ready for some action let me first start by saying I have many homosexual friends half of whom have made the very same arguement that I made to you and YES my friends happen to be CONSERVATIVE HOMOSEXUALS. Something that must be very foreign and quite oxymoronical to those of you on the left. However they make the case that the core of the LGBT wishes to do as much as possible to destroy conventional views and family lifestyles (keep in mind those conservatives IN the LGBT get shunned by the largely liberal group). One arguement that I have been presented with by people who are gay themselves is that this opens a very slippery slope. If we let gays marry then what? Polygamy? Beastiality? What about the man who is quite partial to that foot mannequin?? When you open something like marraige up to redefinition you open the flood gates for other objectors outside of the norm.
    Your slippery slope argument falls apart because they are false equivalencies. None of the other issues you present are equal to SSM. In other words, your entire argument has no credibility.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    It is quite fine I am a rather sarcastic poster as well (I love satire...). While I see myself as a Libertarian-Right for the moment I am always open to evolving on issues which I don't feel I know enough about or haven't debated on enough to form an opinion. I look at debate as a dialogue and a chance to evolve and expose myself to contrarian ideas and beliefs. The whole point of a debate is to bring two opposing sides together, not to drive them apart. If the opposite were true debate would have no purpose now would it? ^_^
    These people aren't debating, they are trying to personally put you down. Don't take them seriously.

  10. #340
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    Hopefully more people in the LGBT will realize that conservatives are simply concerned about the precedent this sets for future lawmakers and future activist groups.
    After a century of conservatives trying to deprive us of liberty and basic dignity, think i'll pass on trusting them ever.

Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •