Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 524

Thread: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287:411]

  1. #271
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Again, you haven't refuted the argument.
    There is no true argument to refute. Claiming that you have proved your God's existence is a known falsehood. It cannot possibly be true. It is definitely subjective. Therefore, there is nothing truly to refute. Just because you believe that you are right and have proven something, doesn't make it true. You haven't proven anything and others in that thread showed you that.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There is no true argument to refute. Claiming that you have proved your God's existence is a known falsehood. It cannot possibly be true. It is definitely subjective. Therefore, there is nothing truly to refute. Just because you believe that you are right and have proven something, doesn't make it true. You haven't proven anything and others in that thread showed you that.
    To rougenuke:

    Again, you haven't refuted the argument.

    To any psychologists or other persons who find human behavior fascinating who are reading this:

    Note how when faced with an argument which he (rougenuke) cannot refute, but which threatens his worldview, he, being nonrational, refuses to even consider it mentally, as it disproves one of the starting axioms of his understanding of reality.

  3. #273
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I'm not a fundamentalist.
    You're a fundamentalist if its not possible to reason with you and there's no room for someone with opposing beliefs to coexist with you. After all, you fully believe that you've got the word of God on your side. No way any of us can compete with that. There is nothing we could say or do that could convince you any other point of view could hold legitimacy.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,838

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Is that your way of evading a question you deigned to answer?
    Yup...I deigned not to answer.

    Meaning I do know, but still deigned not to.

    (If you're going to use a new word, make sure you use it correctly)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #275
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    To rougenuke:

    Again, you haven't refuted the argument.

    To any psychologists or other persons who find human behavior fascinating who are reading this:

    Note how when faced with an argument which he (rougenuke) cannot refute, but which threatens his worldview, he, being nonrational, refuses to even consider it mentally, as it disproves one of the starting axioms of his understanding of reality.
    You have not presented a valid argument. You refer people to Aquinas Five and then when those are refuted (as has been in the past, I will not bother to go into it, look it up yourself, since I've already done this with you at least once before), you simply repeat and try to say that no refutation of your argument has been presented when it isn't even your argument to begin with, but rather an argument presented by a Priest centuries ago.

    Again, you have provided no valid argument that your God (not just the Christian God, but your exact God, the God that is exactly how you see Him) exists. You really haven't provided a valid argument for the existence of the Christian God. Even if we were to accept Aquinas Five, it could easily work for the existence of any God, not just the Christian God.

    Oh, and if you are going to try to "point me out" to people, you might want to get a couple of things right, such as my screenname and my gender, both of which you screwed up.
    Last edited by roguenuke; 06-11-14 at 10:29 PM.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #276
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Chicago, Suburbs
    Last Seen
    06-27-14 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    307

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    My question is... why is this even being taken by the courts as Wisconsin already permits domestic partnerships. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a domestic partnership have the same legal status and rights as a married couple?? If so... than isn't this lawsuit frivilous to begin with and therefore should be thrown out?

    I support Domestic Partnerships and Civil Unions, but am opposed to gay 'marraige' for namesake purposes only. Marraige is solely exclusive to heterosexual couples and has been for thousands of years of human history. If gays have the same rights and are simply referred to differently in regards to their union status I see no reason for this lawsuit to be relevant.

  7. #277
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,838

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    let us know when it happens cause it factually hasn't yet
    LMAO! You are trying to prove there is a God because 11 people swore Christ arose after being crucified?

    How about you prove he was actually dead when they took him down? Doctors still make that mistake today.

    Besides, didnt thousands see Jesus after he was resurrected? As he spread God's Word? Why do we need 11 witnesses?

    Apparently he wasnt actually killed during the crucifixion. Not surprising, there are no mortal injuries inflicted during a crucifixion (that type).

    (Not to mention you have to prove Jesus was actually the Son of God.)
    Last edited by Lursa; 06-11-14 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #278
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I lived in Mid-town Atlanta, the French Quarter, had a homosexual roommate in the Army before don't ask, don't tell and had various and sundry homosexuals trotted into the barracks by him most weekend nights. I've known quite a few homosexuals, so another swing and a miss by the good captain.
    I lived in midtown Atlanta as well. Pretty large population of gays, but I doubt if you recognized them all AS gay. And that's kind of the point. The ones you'd see and notice simply don't represent all gays, just a subset.

    FWIW, I have a gay brother and spend, obviously, a lot of time around his friends. They come in many shapes and sizes, doctors, lawyers, business owners, accountants, etc. A pretty standard cross section of in his case well educated and fairly prosperous people. They've got quite a full life outside political protests, parades, etc. and being 'gay.' Most of their days are pretty much like anyone else's. Get up, work, maybe exercise a bit, have dinner with friends, a drink, watch a bit of TV or surf the web, go to bed.

    BTW, something I've noticed is Conservatives are the only group of people that identify themselves first and foremost by their political beliefs and secondly as anything else. It's not like they're just normal, ordinary people just like everyone else that merely vote and follow politics. No, they're first and foremost, conservatives. Everything else that "is them" is an afterthought.

    See how easy stereotypes are?

  9. #279
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    My question is... why is this even being taken by the courts as Wisconsin already permits domestic partnerships. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a domestic partnership have the same legal status and rights as a married couple?? If so... than isn't this lawsuit frivilous to begin with and therefore should be thrown out?

    I support Domestic Partnerships and Civil Unions, but am opposed to gay 'marraige' for namesake purposes only. Marraige is solely exclusive to heterosexual couples and has been for thousands of years of human history. If gays have the same rights and are simply referred to differently in regards to their union status I see no reason for this lawsuit to be relevant.
    No, domestic partnerships do not have the same rights as marriages at all. Nothing but marriage is recognized legally by the federal government. Only marriage grants the legal kinship of "spouse", and every single right, privilege, benefit, and even responsibility that goes with that particular kinship recognition.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLiberty View Post
    My question is... why is this even being taken by the courts as Wisconsin already permits domestic partnerships. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a domestic partnership have the same legal status and rights as a married couple?? If so... than isn't this lawsuit frivilous to begin with and therefore should be thrown out?
    Wisconsin Referendum 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The text of the adopted amendment, which became Article XIII, Section 13 of the state constitution, reads:


    Only a marriage between one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state. A legal status identical or substantially similar to that of marriage for unmarried individuals shall not be valid or recognized in this state.[2]
    In April 2009 the Wisconsin Supreme Court was asked in McConkey v. Van Hollen to rule on whether the 2006 Referendum 1 was constitutional. William McConkey, a political science instructor, claimed that the measure violated the state's constitution because it proposed more than one question in a single ballot proposal, which is impermissible under Wisconsin law.[6][7][8] On June 30, 2010, the Court ruled that the amendment is constitutional.[9][10] However, on June 6, 2014 the United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin overturned all bans on same-sex marriage in the state.[11]
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •