Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 524

Thread: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287:411]

  1. #131
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    If you want gay marriage to be legalized then Amend the Constitution - this issue is doing nothing more than playing games with the Constitution - and the issue will never be resolved - because politicians don't want it resolved because it's a hot button issue.

    In theory - gay marriage in Illinois is no different than selling pot in Colorado - both ideas are illegal under state law - not federal. However the Tenth Amendment gives leeway to states to operate how they see fit.

    Passed by both houses on 11/5/2013
    Signed by the Governor on 11/20/2013
    Same-Sex Civil Marriages Started 6/1/2014

    Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for SB0010
    Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of Public Act 098-0597



    Illinois General Assembly
    Public Act 098-0597

    Section 10. Equal access to marriage.
    (a) All laws of this State applicable to marriage, whether
    they derive from statute, administrative or court rule, policy,
    common law, or any other source of civil or criminal law, shall
    apply equally to marriages of same-sex and different-sex
    couples and their children.



    >>>>

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Social greed? Exactly what do I personally stand to gain by someone else getting married?
    Satisfacation, social justice, power - the idea you have influence, the wish that the Constitution could be bought. Who really knows your intent or intent in general.

    There are many ideas...

    I could waste my time and give you a list of 100 potential reasons.

  3. #133
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,801

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Define "intellectual" - does that mean agree with you or have my own ideals or theories?

    I've made "intellectual" professors go bat**** crazy just saying that.

    When I define intellectual - it seems I'm generally the intellectual and everyone else is the skeptic - because they believe something but are willing to exclude certain aspects of a theory or fact for political reasons.

    Now who is the skeptic? the one who wants to ignore facts for political reasons or those that can accept the facts and deal with them?

    Now who is the real skeptic?
    The topic is Equal rights and SSM. WHen you post FACTS that support your claims a discussion can begin but currently none of your posts have done so on this topic. Please do so in your next post. Thanks in advance.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Passed by both houses on 11/5/2013
    Signed by the Governor on 11/20/2013
    Same-Sex Civil Marriages Started 6/1/2014

    Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for SB0010
    Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of Public Act 098-0597



    Illinois General Assembly
    Public Act 098-0597

    Section 10. Equal access to marriage.
    (a) All laws of this State applicable to marriage, whether
    they derive from statute, administrative or court rule, policy,
    common law, or any other source of civil or criminal law, shall
    apply equally to marriages of same-sex and different-sex
    couples and their children.



    >>>>
    And thanks to Chicago 90% of Illinois is democrat controlled, and that is a non-factor in your blurb.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    The topic is Equal rights and SSM. WHen you post FACTS that support your claims a discussion can begin but currently none of your posts have done so on this topic. Please do so in your next post. Thanks in advance.
    If you want equal rights for gays then have your representatives amend the constitution, but comparing gays to blacks is racist IMO.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    BTW, having gay sex is not illegal - so being gay is not a crime. Homosexuality is not a crime - you cannot be arrested for being gay.

  7. #137
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,801

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)If you want equal rights for gays then have your representatives amend the constitution
    2.) but comparing gays to blacks is racist IMO.
    1.)not needed since the constitution already covers it.
    2.) its factually not racist by definition LMAO theres nothing racist about it .

    also NOBODY compares gays directly to blacks. WHat people, courts and facts have done and do is compare the infringement and denial of equal/civil rights this country has experienced in its passed. And women, minorities and interracial marriage are perfect examples of analogous comparison. .
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #138
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,801

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    BTW, having gay sex is not illegal - so being gay is not a crime.
    did somebody say it was?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)not needed since the constitution already covers it.
    2.) its factually not racist by definition LMAO theres nothing racist about it .

    also NOBODY compares gays directly to blacks. WHat people, courts and facts have done and do is compare the infringement and denial of equal/civil rights this country has experienced in its passed. And women, minorities and interracial marriage are perfect examples of analogous comparison. .
    Plenty compare gay bias to racism - not to mention I really don't like you changing my posts - you have no ****ing right to do that and if you do it again I will refuse to even acknowledge you even exist on this planet.

    Understood?

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban[W:287]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    did somebody say it was?
    Then what the **** is your problem?

    Oh yeah, you're a progressive and logic doesn't rationalize in your mind/.

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •