Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 289

Thread: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

  1. #71
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Why don't you read the actual methodology? Employment Situation Technical Note
    Which actual methodology are you referring to? I know the difference between U3 and U6, but I was fortunate in never having to collect unemployment, nor do I expect to in the future.

  2. #72
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Which actual methodology are you referring to? I know the difference between U3 and U6, but I was fortunate in never having to collect unemployment, nor do I expect to in the future.
    I think pinky is ignoring my earlier question. What say you pg? Good evening...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,246

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    This is globalism. Corporations have gotten very good at not needing full-time positions, Unions don't have the muscle to make them, and the American public is schizo on the issue so the government goes along with what the Money says.

    Don't know why conservatives fuss so much over the natural outcomes of an economy where corporations can distribute their pipelines across continents and still pull everything together. The world the way it is and the way it is going should be everything you ever wanted.
    Nonsense.

    This is the effects of a incompetent progressive who passed a law that mandated unquantifiable cost increases on Consumers and Businesses years before its implementation.

    This is the effects of tax increases on Capital and dividends and monetary stimulus that removes incentives on Capital.

    If this was all " Globalisms " fault then it would apply universally.

    But Texas is growing economically and is growing a surplus.

    " Globalism"....Lol !

    What's next ?

  4. #74
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Which actual methodology are you referring to? I know the difference between U3 and U6, but I was fortunate in never having to collect unemployment, nor do I expect to in the future.
    You're clearly not familiar wit the methodology if you think UI benefits play any role in the U-3. Never have.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Meanwhile, from the BLS's Household survey (instead of the standard 'measurement' which uses all kinds of creative math like the Net Birth/Death Model)...there was only 145,000 new jobs created.

    Add that to the 73,000 jobs lost last month equals 72,000 jobs have been created in the last two months.

    Also, there are 46,000 more unemployed Americans then there were last month.



    Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

    http://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cesbd.htm
    Last edited by DA60; 06-06-14 at 08:34 PM.

  6. #76
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nonsense.

    This is the effects of a incompetent progressive who passed a law that mandated unquantifiable cost increases on Consumers and Businesses years before its implementation.

    This is the effects of tax increases on Capital and dividends and monetary stimulus that removes incentives on Capital.

    If this was all " Globalisms " fault then it would apply universally.

    But Texas is growing economically and is growing a surplus.

    " Globalism"....Lol !

    What's next ?
    You're wrong, but that's okay. The overwhelming majority of humans always have been. Enjoy your world inside your head while the real one marches onto to its eventual fate.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  7. #77
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,246

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    You're wrong, but that's okay. The overwhelming majority of humans always have been. Enjoy your world inside your head.
    "Human's " ?

    You're a "human" I assume.

    Either that or the consequence of some amazing scientific research into cross species genetics.

    But I'm going to assume I'm not posting to a chatty Chimpanzee ( even though your assertions thus far prove otherwise ) and ask you to simply PROVE that I am wrong

  8. #78
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I think pinky is ignoring my earlier question. What say you pg? Good evening...
    I guess pinqy would rather question me on the merits of an article I read recently, which he apparently didn't agree with. When I locate the damn thing, I'll post it, and he can argue with the author. I didn't write it - I just read it.

    Good evening, AP! Glad to see you again!

  9. #79
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I guess pinqy would rather question me on the merits of an article I read recently, which he apparently didn't agree with. When I locate the damn thing, I'll post it, and he can argue with the author. I didn't write it - I just read it.

    Good evening, AP! Glad to see you again!
    Standard MO, so don't let it get you down. My second foray to the forum this week, imagine...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #80
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    "Human's " ?

    You're a "human" I assume.

    Either that or the consequence of some amazing scientific research into cross species genetics.

    But I'm going to assume I'm not posting to a chatty Chimpanzee ( even though your assertions thus far prove otherwise ) and ask you to simply PROVE that I am wrong
    Detroit, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, dozens of less prolific cities and entire states -- technologies and communications that have eliminated local reliance on unskilled labour and allowed companies to easily replace personnel with foreigners and machines don't lend themselves to job creation. Over and above all that, corporations have been able to rely on their increasingly efficient pipelines to cut away middleman jobs and to reduce unskilled labour to part-time. Human population growth is supplying new (unskilled) humans far faster than our resources or economic system can supply them with jobs, so specific group or individual is in a position to complain. I'm not sure how many states and cities have to become ruins before the effects of globalism become self-evident enough that we don't need to argue about them anymore.

    Just because things are going well for Texas "right now" doesn't mean the same will be true in twenty years, fifty years, a hundred years, or a thousand years. Texas is "benefiting" situationally because its conservative climate allows it to compete with the increasingly complicated and competitive Chinese labour market. Looking ahead, you can see the problems are already looming. For example, the Earth's population will grow to the point where directing so much of our farm output to sustaining livestock will become less and less practical; ranching, one of the cornerstones of the Texan economy, will diminish greatly as meat becomes more a luxury food; there will still be a job for ranchers, but the huge fields that supply so much labour and generate so much capital will wither away as the grain sourced from other regions goes to feed humans directly.

    One detail like Texas that is succeeding right now for various favourable complex socio-economic reasons doesn't take anything away from what I said about the direction of the Earth, America, and humanity as a whole are heading in.

    Just take a glance at the influence of American pharmaceuticals not just in America, but Canada, England, France, Asia, etc. Through the various political organizations that represent its interests, the industry is quite nimble and able to push the legislation it desires in countries spanning entire continents.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 06-06-14 at 09:02 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •