Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 289

Thread: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

  1. #51
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

    We were talking about the number of people in the workforce. There are more people in the workforce now than in December 2007. As my link shows.
    I posted the actual chart, 146.3 million WORKING Americans in December and 145.8 million working today over 6 years later. You better learn how to read the BLS data..There better be more people in the work force today than in 2007 as we have a growing population. That growth however was stagnant and just because people are in the work force that doesn't mean they are working.

    Here is what you posted and that is the lie as I showed

    There are more people working now than when the recession started. It's just a fact.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    they everything!
    Why is US Oil Consumption Lower? Better Gasoline Mileage? | Our Finite World

    our oil consumption and miles driven have been in collapse because less people are working less period. The Main Stain Media is getting hammered in the ratings because the American people recognize the BS they are spreading and refuse to watch the
    That information appeals to low information voters and people who have no interest in reality.

  3. #53
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The labor participation is at an all time low, too.
    I read an article the other day that described how the process for determining unemployment has recently been changed - it seems that today in la-la land, you are now unemployed only if you are currently collecting an unemployment check! I guess those who have just given up trying to find a job are just lazy, huh? The article further stated that if unemployment were calculated as it has been for years, the true rate would be closer to 14 percent! So I wonder how they're going to pay for both their health insurance, and their "skyrocketing" utility bills under the new EPA rules? Where are Houdini and David Copperfield when you need them?

    Greetings, apdst.

  4. #54
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    37.2%: Percentage Not in Labor Force Remains at 36-Year High | CNS News


    The percentage of American civilians 16 or older who do not have a job and are not actively seeking one remained at a 36-year high in May, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    In December, April, and now May, the labor force participation rate has been 62.8 percent. That means that 37.2 percent were not participating in the labor force during those months.

    Before December, the last time the labor force participation rate sunk as low as 62.8 percent was February 1978, when it was also 62.8 percent. At that time, Jimmy Carter was president.

    Media outlets work overtime to spin bad economic data | Fox News

    Media outlets work overtime to spin bad economic data

    are you guys working overtime?


    Obamas ability to be portrayed as a winner is staggering given the facts shows just how incompetent he actually is.



    ONE THING IS FOR SURE the drudgereport is your friend.
    Dat FOX news citation. Lovin it.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #55
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I read an article the other day that described how the process for determining unemployment has recently been changed - it seems that today in la-la land, you are now unemployed only if you are currently collecting an unemployment check! I guess those who have just given up trying to find a job are just lazy, huh? The article further stated that if unemployment were calculated as it has been for years, the true rate would be closer to 14 percent! So I wonder how they're going to pay for both their health insurance, and their "skyrocketing" utility bills under the new EPA rules? Where are Houdini and David Copperfield when you need them?

    Greetings, apdst.
    I would love a source please. Then I'll consider this.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  6. #56
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I would love a source please. Then I'll consider this.
    Research is something that seems to escape liberals. You want badly to believe what you are told. Clinton changed the way unemployment was measured in 1995 with the official rate, the U-3 always being understated.

    http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1995/10/art3full.pdf

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Research is something that seems to escape liberals. You want badly to believe what you are told. Clinton changed the way unemployment was measured in 1995 with the official rate, the U-3 always being understated.

    http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1995/10/art3full.pdf
    They love to spout "post a link" when all they have to do is use google, the information is out there they know it.

  8. #58
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,372

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Research is something that seems to escape liberals. You want badly to believe what you are told. Clinton changed the way unemployment was measured in 1995 with the official rate, the U-3 always being understated.

    http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1995/10/art3full.pdf
    You do realize that the only change to the official rate was that before, people waiting to start a new job did not have to have looked for work in the previous 4weeks to be classified as unemployed. Now they do. And military were once again excluded from the survey (they were only included from 1984 to 1993)
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  9. #59
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Took 6 long years for unemployment rates to reach pre-crisis levels. Current 6.3% is still way too high.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: U.S. Adds 217,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Stays at 6.3%[W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    You do realize that the only change to the official rate was that before, people waiting to start a new job did not have to have looked for work in the previous 4weeks to be classified as unemployed. Now they do. And military were once again excluded from the survey (they were only included from 1984 to 1993)
    Yes, and I realize that the official rate that is posted isn't really the true picture and that we have fewer people working today than we had when the recession began. The U-6 rate is the true picture and what is ignored with Obama are the huge numbers of discouraged workers that is still at record highs.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •