Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

  1. #11
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Blaming laws for the actions of ****ed up people is really the same as blaming guns it seems to me.
    I'm not blaming the laws for this man's actions. His action's are his alone. Also I'm not blaming any law since colleges in WA get to make their own polices on firearms on campus, but when you make a place gun free you are making it harder for people to defend themselves against the people that would do them harm.

  2. #12
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    I'm not blaming the laws for this man's actions. His action's are his alone. Also I'm not blaming any law since colleges in WA get to make their own polices on firearms on campus, but when you make a place gun free you are making it harder for people to defend themselves against the people that would do them harm.
    By his own admission this perp in Seattle didn't expect to be alive. This was a murder/suicide mission. Why he chose SPU has not been disclosed.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,188

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    When did they ever say that for us to suggest they stop saying that?

    I carry pepper-spray and a stun gun because I cannot carry a gun in the may-issue state that is Maryland.

    According to Opencarry.org, in Washington state "Colleges set their own policies, most of which seem to ban lawfully carried guns. South Puget Sound Community College in Olympia is the only college in this state we know of that does not specifically ban lawfully carried guns from their campus."

    Perhaps this hero would have carried more than pepper-spray if he could have, perhaps if he did he would not have had to wait for this murderer to reload if he did have a gun and a life could have been saved.


    This.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,188

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    By his own admission this perp in Seattle didn't expect to be alive. This was a murder/suicide mission. Why he chose SPU has not been disclosed.


    Yet very commonly most successful large-scale mass murders seem to occur in 'gun free zones'.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Blaming laws for the actions of ****ed up people is really the same as blaming guns it seems to me.
    By that logic, Jim Crow laws weren't all that bad, afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    By that logic, Jim Crow laws weren't all that bad, afterall.
    Figures you'd miss the point.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Figures you'd miss the point.
    You said that we can't blame the law for people doing screwed stuff. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #18
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You said that we can't blame the law for people doing screwed stuff. Right?
    Yes that is correct. People are responsible for their own behavior including you. Now run along.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    Then tell the NRA to stop saying that we all need to be armed.
    We don't all need to be armed. you are more than free to remain unarmed. No problem.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #20
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Student Disarmed University Gunman; 1 Killed, 3 Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yet very commonly most successful large-scale mass murders seem to occur in 'gun free zones'.
    They do? (I'm honestly curious about this.)
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •