Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

  1. #11
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    This is right down the street from where I grew up. This is an excellent small Christian University. Incredible campus...Sad indeed.

  2. #12
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,824

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What?

    I don't see why every news story that breaks must immediately be considered a "distraction."
    It is if you are partisan, reaching for something where it does not exist, are paranoid, and spend way too much time turning over rocks whilst waiting too eagerly to jump and scream bloody murder.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #13
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    All over the news here of course. Will be interesting to learn the idiot's story.

    I know the Otto Miller building well...

    What a PIA....Seattle and WA St have been fending off new gun restrictions pretty well...and now this. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    All over the news here of course. Will be interesting to learn the idiot's story.

    I know the Otto Miller building well...

    What a PIA....Seattle and WA St have been fending off new gun restrictions pretty well...and now this. *sigh*


    Heya Lursa. Did they ever give out the Name of the Shooter. I heard it was a shotgun he used. Then when he was reloading the student maced him and took him down. Others then jumped to help.

    Good thing that Kid didn't hesitate to act.

    Did they say if mentioned anything about it being a Christian School?

  5. #15
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    So....'close friend' of shooter was interviewed.

    Paraphrased from memory:

    "He was a really nice guy, I never would have guessed he had a soul that could do this. He did however, frequently drink heavily and get very angry. He would lean over and say 'man, I'd really like to kill people.' "

    And more of the same.

    And this guy never told ANYONE? He said he never considered him a threat. Really?

    The shooter was not associated with the university, according to the news here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So....'close friend' of shooter was interviewed.

    Paraphrased from memory:

    "He was a really nice guy, I never would have guessed he had a soul that could do this. He did however, frequently drink heavily and get very angry. He would lean over and say 'man, I'd really like to kill people.' "

    And more of the same.

    And this guy never told ANYONE? He said he never considered him a threat. Really?

    The shooter was not associated with the university, according to the news here.
    So? People say crap like that sometimes. It doesn't mean anything the majority of the time.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    SEATTLE (AP)
    Police say the student building monitor disarmed the gunman as he was reloading. Several students held the gunman until police arrived.
    Hell yeah. This kid saved someone's life. If the shooter had managed to reload he would have definitely took other lives.

    It is encouraging to hear of stories where people are fighting back at these morons. The same thing when you fly nowdays. If some guy jumped up and started yelling and produced a knife I can almost guarantee you that there will be at least 4 guys on top of him.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So? People say crap like that sometimes. It doesn't mean anything the majority of the time.
    Well it indicates an angry ****ed up person that I would "not" consider a "really nice guy." If he was my friend, I'd care enough to find out what his problem was, drinking and hating.

    And I wouldnt be in denial about him being a 'really nice guy.' I would warn his parents (it sounds like at 24 or 26 yrs old, he still lived at home.)

    "Binged all day, got hammered, became enraged, get really close to you and say 'I want to kill someone, I want to kill everybody'."

    ^^^ These are direct quotes from the news that is on right now from his 'friend' being interviewed.

    And then he says, "this is something you think he'd never ever do...."

    People live in a fantasy world, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #19
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    Binged all day? As in not a drink with lunch but going blackout drunk the moment he woke up?

    RED FLAG

    "I wanna kill everyone"

    RED FLAG

    This "friend" was an idiot, had he taken some kind of action a life could have been saved.

    Good job by the kid w/ the pepperspray.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Police: University student disarmed gunman; 4 shot.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well it indicates an angry ****ed up person that I would "not" consider a "really nice guy." If he was my friend, I'd care enough to find out what his problem was, drinking and hating.

    And I wouldnt be in denial about him being a 'really nice guy.' I would warn his parents (it sounds like at 24 or 26 yrs old, he still lived at home.)

    "Binged all day, got hammered, became enraged, get really close to you and say 'I want to kill someone, I want to kill everybody'."

    ^^^ These are direct quotes from the news that is on right now from his 'friend' being interviewed.

    And then he says, "this is something you think he'd never ever do...."

    People live in a fantasy world, I swear.

    Did they give his name out yet.....should be public knowledge now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •