Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 272

Thread: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yeah the Bill of RIGHTS is just that - the rights of the people. Now there is certain debate where the rights originated - weather it was Divine Provenience or numerous other factors - but anyway you acknowledge, analyze or ponder the Bill of Rights they were given to man - not to government.

    The Magna Carta of 1212 clearly points this out - and is the prerequisite of our Bill of Rights, which gave individuals rights NOT the government.

    This isn't a matter of opinion - it's fact..
    And it is a FACT Private owners have the RIGHT to restrict people from carrying guns into their stores.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    It is good to see the "rightists" push the rifle thing over-the-top in full view of Target America.
    Hey gun extremists, please continue the rhetortical plunge off the Golden Gate Bridge .
    What is a fishing extremist?

  3. #53
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    what are you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What is a fishing extremist?
    Physics is Phun

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Not an anti-gunner--making you what ?
    you sure do talk like one.... but maybe that's just you sidling up to your lil friends on the left and copying their rhetoric.

    I'm an individual and constitutional rights extremist....
    why aren't you?

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And it is a FACT Private owners have the RIGHT to restrict people from carrying guns into their stores.
    I love the notion that private businesses only have "rights" when YOU say they do..

    I would love more examples.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    what are you
    Well, I'm asking you because if I wasn't shooting at targets or bagging some food - you would have a problem with my Garcia.

    IMO, I don't think you give a rats ass what I kill and eat - what you're obsessed about what I do.

    You're just obsessed with what others do.

    You see - most people don't care what others do - apparently you do.

    How about worry about yourself instead of others?

  7. #57
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?

    Doesnt really seem like an issue for Target. This seems like a 'feel-good' preventative for a non-issue. I doubt many people feel the need or desire to carry a rifle into a dept. store. It also ignores the fact that while few people open carry, there will still be lots of people carrying concealed and people dont realize that they have guns around them anyway.

    Seems unnecessary. And the gun laws for every state are different regarding signage and carrying in businesses. Target is in every state, isnt it?

    In some states, the signs wouldnt mean anything and people could legally carry into the store. They could only be charged with trespassing if first asked to leave, and then refuses. This doesnt mean much if you are carrying concealed but a rifle would be obvious.

    Other states must have specifically worded signes posted in specifically determined locations by entrances. If they dont mean those specifications, they dont mean anything.

    Other states, a sign stating guns are not allowed do carry the force of the law and you cannot legally enter with a gun.


    It all doesnt mean a whole lot when people planning a crime also plan to ignore the signs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores? | Today's Question | Minnesota Public Radio News

    So there's pressure on Target to restrict gun carrying. Now my own opinion is that open carry like this is more harmful to gun rights. If guns are OK, what else should openly allowed? Should we openly allow gay sex in the frozen foods aisle? You have that right too, right? It's my right to go barefoot, but they won't let me do that.
    I've really enjoyed watching the straight sex in the aisles that they do encourage tho. Better...and cheaper...than porn.

    That's completely acceptable. Just not the icky geigh stuff, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And it is a FACT Private owners have the RIGHT to restrict people from carrying guns into their stores.
    The Best part is I agree, but when businesses are forced into progressive ideas that completely contradict the idea of individual freedom - I start to ask questions when the idea is smoke and mirrors or bull****.

    Of course if you're Muslim tho.....

  10. #60
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    People have the right to keep and bear arms - that is in the Second Amendment. Now gay sex in the frozen food aisle is NOT a civil liberty (no matter how many progressives would love it to be).

    I have absolutely no problem with concealed or open carry.

    IMO, gun owners are more sane, knowledgeable and intelligent than your typical US citizen or illegal squatter.

    I've never understood this whole "guns are bad" or "guns are scary" hysteria - and that's all it is - hysteria.

    Besides, those who open carry do so not because they feel threatened but do so to make a political statement, and you better believe those guns are safely secured and are no danger to anyone.
    Sometimes people open carry because that's their only option. In some states, it can take up to 18 months and $500 to get a concealed carry permit. (just one example) But OC is allowed without a permit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •