Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 272

Thread: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

  1. #161
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yep, and if they could get a charge to stick, then that manager will need a new set of tires.

    After that it moves on to identity theft....all because some buisness owners have an irrational fear of adults.

    I've carried into posted businesses for years. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    So your argument is that if you don't get what you want you will resort to criminal activity. You are exactly the type of person who shouldn't own a gun.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It depends. At least in some states, if you are found to be carrying and asked to leave....and do not leave....then you can be charged with trespassing. But if you leave, there are no charges.
    That is true. Either way, it's like speeding to me. No skin off my back if someone does it, but then I have no sympathy for anyone when their caught either.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yep, and if they could get a charge to stick, then that manager will need a new set of tires.

    After that it moves on to identity theft....all because some buisness owners have an irrational fear of adults.

    I've carried into posted businesses for years. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    So if you're stupid enough to get caught you're going to then resort to illegal activity because of your own action? Classic.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So if you're stupid enough to get caught you're going to then resort to illegal activity because of your own action? Classic.
    If I'm going to get arested for legal activity anyway then all bets are off. If a buisness doesn't want to play by the rules then I won't either.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-06-14 at 03:29 PM.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If I'm going to get arested for legal activity anyway then all bets are off. If a buisness doesn't want to play by the rules then I won't either.
    It wouldn't be legal activity though. If you are carrying and the private property specifically deems it not legal, then you are trespassing. Your activity is then illegal.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It wouldn't be legal activity though. If you are carrying and the private property specifically deems it not legal, then you are trespassing. Your activity is then illegal.
    Private property can't deem anything illegal. Those signs have no force of law in my state.

    If you have a no-gun policy and I ignore it, you have to ask me to leave. Only if I refused could you press a charge, and I can think of only a couple reasons why I may refuse, like getting my kids from the toy section first.

    Then you have to explain to a judge why I should have abandoned my children in a public place.

    So if you then got a lawyer to make a charge stick, good luck to you.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-06-14 at 03:39 PM.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    So your argument is that if you don't get what you want you will resort to criminal activity. You are exactly the type of person who shouldn't own a gun.
    Funny thing is even if I did all that I could still get a gun, I could still carry it onto your property, and the only people to stop me would be others who ignored your stupid ban like me.

    ....whom you would then prosecute for trespassing, of course.

  8. #168
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Funny thing is even if I did all that I could still get a gun, I could still carry it onto your property, and the only people to stop me would be others who ignored your stupid ban like me.

    ....whom you would then prosecute for trespassing, of course.
    funny guys who talk tough like this are usually the ones who have their guns taken off them before they know what happened. It must be sad however to feel so frighten and weak to need to carry and how rude of you to resort to violence if someone challenges your world view.

  9. #169
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    i personally don't care if a businesses allows guns or not. if i had a business i would not allow open carry in my store. if you have a conceal license and a gun and i can't tell then there is little i can do about.

    however a guy walking into my store with and open carry no. why? it is bad for business and makes other people uncomfortable and i don't know that person from jack and jill.
    I don't really have a problem with concealed carry.

    If a bunch of gangstas walked in with rifles wearing ski masks, would you assume they're just law abiding citizens asserting their 2nd Amendment rights?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should Target take action to keep rifles out of their stores?[W:37]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    ....and how rude of you to resort to violence if someone challenges your world view.
    Rude, yes, like telling someone to completely disarm in a publicly accesable buiswness.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •