Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 533

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

  1. #511
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    What's really stupid about this whole brouhaha, Senior, is that nobody on the Right seems to acknowledge the obvious, that if Obama brought him home, Obama's hated for it...but if Obama had left him there, Obama would be hated for that, too.
    What is really stupid, is that you can't seem to see past 'Obama'. It wouldn't make one bit of difference who the president was, this was a piss poor deal. Period.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #512
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,322

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm sorry, but arguing with someone that holds 9/11 was an inside job, regarding geopolitics, is nonsense. There's just no way we'll ever see eye-to-eye. Good day.
    Thank you. That saves us both some time and keystrokes.

  3. #513
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 02:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Apparently he will be held until mid August before he can see his parents.

  4. #514
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Apparently he will be held until mid August before he can see his parents.
    August? Hmm, and I thought it would be until 1 day after the midterm election.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #515
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    You can't invade without boots on the ground. You can't occupy a place without boots on the ground. You can't take over a nation without boots on the ground.
    U.S. Boots on the Ground in Libya, Pentagon Confirms | Fox News
    Apparently not, because each and every one of them knows how silly your argument is that we "invaded" Libya.
    Why is that particular term so important to you? The fact is that Libya was bombed, Qaddafi killed and, later, Americans were murdered and the place is now a mess. That is true of much of the ME under Obama's watch. It may be time to start asking the question as to whose side he really is on.

  6. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    August? Hmm, and I thought it would be until 1 day after the midterm election.
    Oh Yes, they'll hide him until this blows over and a new scandal emerges. They're doing the same with the witnesses at Benghazi.

    This administration is becoming quite predictable if you look at things from their point of view.

  7. #517
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Do you still really believe that fairy tale?

    Yes, we have the government we deserve.
    do you believe the fairy tale the the border between Syria and Iraq exists and is enforced? the WMDS are in Syria and being used by the same Baathist regime.. pretty well known stuff

  8. #518
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Oh Yes, they'll hide him until this blows over and a new scandal emerges. They're doing the same with the witnesses at Benghazi.

    This administration is becoming quite predictable if you look at things from their point of view.
    yup.. flood us with crisis's so we cant keep up with the destruction... Alinsky 101

    Cloward Piven is under way

  9. #519
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Thank you. That saves us both some time and keystrokes.
    PS...I witnessed 9/11... I also witnessed the first attack on the WTC.

  10. #520
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    U.S. Boots on the Ground in Libya, Pentagon Confirms | Fox News
    Why is that particular term so important to you? The fact is that Libya was bombed, Qaddafi killed and, later, Americans were murdered and the place is now a mess. That is true of much of the ME under Obama's watch. It may be time to start asking the question as to whose side he really is on.
    Denial knows no bounds. It's so important because if there were boots on the ground that would mean Obama again broke his promises and got involved with a civil war in Lybia without Congressional approval --- just like Bush.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •