Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 533

Thread: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

  1. #181
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Some of the families have doubts their sons were killed looking for Bergdahl....


    Family of killed Utah soldier has questions about Bowe Bergdahl | The Salt Lake Tribune

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063357496


    The above bolded was the headline to the article when I first posted it yesterday. Today when I reposted the same article here I noticed the newspaper changed the headline.....

    Father of killed Utah soldier calls Bowe Bergdahl deal


    Anyway there seems to be a lot conflicting stories suddenly coming to light and the stories being told by some of the soldiers from Bergdahl's platoon are starting to smell very fishy.
    The article above didn't just change the headline....they changed the first paragraph which changed the entire tone of the article and then didn't mention the edit whatsoever. That is very odd....very, very odd indeed. hmmm.

  2. #182
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    One of the vocal critics from Bergdahl's platoon, Cody Full, frequents twitter and rants about libtards and lower taxes.
    Oh OK, so you want to ignore all evidence because one of the soldiers who was there and served with Bergdahl isn't a fan of liberals? Are you really that stupid?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #183
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Oh OK, so you want to ignore all evidence because one of the soldiers who was there and served with Bergdahl isn't a fan of liberals? Are you really that stupid?
    What evidence?

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    What evidence?

    This is the one which verifies everything.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    That went so far over his head that he "liked" it.


    Using my logic? Well it was my (and other posters) logic that noticed first you were off to the races about how the other members of Bergdahl's troop must be to blame. Before you trotted out the Daily Kos conspiracy theory about how a republican strategist is behind all of this, and is therefore to blame. Those are arguments plucked from a booby hatch of idiocy. Here is a news flash, what you are "sure of" won't sell anyone with an IQ above room temp on anything. As you were sure that Daily Kos had put their finger on the fact that a republican strategist was behind all of this. I guess prevarication and weak deflections are all you have to offer, aside from idiotic Daily Kos conspiracy theories.
    Y'know, what's really stupid here is that the we-love-the-troops-and-will-do-anything-for-them (except for raising the budget for the VA) Right is suddenly SO offended that we brought this guy home using the SAME system we and every other major power has used for centuries.

    It is our tradition to bring all soldiers home. There's no caveat in there that "we won't bring him home if he's said or done something we don't like" - we bring them home. ALL of them. If we fail to do so, then what does that tell the soldiers in the field? "If we don't like you because {insert reason here}, we won't care about bringing you home if you're captured."

    We bring them home, period. If the guy we brought home should be court-martialed, then that's up to the Army, isn't it? If there's sufficient evidence to court-martial him for desertion and sentence him to Leavenworth, then that's what the Army should and will do. But that is SECONDARY to bringing him - and any other soldier - home.

    I can't think of a single other president who would not have done the same thing.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  6. #186
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The article above didn't just change the headline....they changed the first paragraph which changed the entire tone of the article and then didn't mention the edit whatsoever. That is very odd....very, very odd indeed. hmmm.
    You do realize that what that telling the family that the soldier died kicking in a door in search of a Taliban member is not actually mutually exclusive from dying while searching for Bergdahl, right?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,813

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I'm sure they exist, and I'm sure that everyone who hates Bergdahl wants to link every fatality directly to his actions. Even if they did die looking for Bergdahl, that's their job.

    Using your logic, Bush traded 4000+ American lives to kill Saddam Hussein.
    That's their job????

    If they hadnt been betrayed by a fellow soldier that CHOSE to desert? Their job is to defend our country....not take unnecessary risks for other soldiers that walk away from their obligations.

    I am still waiting for proof of this desertion myself but apparently he left a note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Oh OK, so you want to ignore all evidence because one of the soldiers who was there and served with Bergdahl isn't a fan of liberals? Are you really that stupid?
    I've only seen one soldier....one....making almost all the claims about Bergdahl in the media and going on all the talk shows. He seems to be in a hurry to imbed his story in peoples minds before Bergdahl even has a chance to defend himself.

  9. #189
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That's their job????

    If they hadnt been betrayed by a fellow soldier that CHOSE to desert? Their job is to defend our country....not take unnecessary risks for other soldiers that walk away from their obligations.
    Actually, it is, if those are the orders.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Bowe Bergdahl, U.S. soldier held in Afghanistan, freed in swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That's their job????

    If they hadnt been betrayed by a fellow soldier that CHOSE to desert? Their job is to defend our country....not take unnecessary risks for other soldiers that walk away from their obligations.

    I am still waiting for proof of this desertion myself but apparently he left a note.
    He did more than left a note, he left all his gear too. The fact of the matter is that the more the facts of this matter come to light, the worse it looks for both the administration that perpetrated this "trade" and for our country. Truly the Obama administration have become poster children for institutional incompetence.

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •