Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 503

Thread: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

  1. #321
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    that doesn't matter.

    hey, you know next time you wonder why you're losing independents? this kind of **** is why. ****, you guys drove me all the way from solid republican to libertarian when you did the patriot act nonsense, and then all the way to left independent due to anti-worker sentiments and nearly obscene levels of corporatism.

    ****, how much does your party have to suck to do that? i'm not the only one, either. i'm not even the only one on this site. Republicans have gone so insane under Obama that now some of them are pissed off about a POW being released. i mean, i knew it had gotten bad, but this is

    absolutely
    ****ing
    ridiculous.
    Helix, if you cant debate civilly, then stop posting. Youre a moderator. Follow the rules.

  2. #322
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    They are combatants removed from the battle, not criminals. They should stay contained until they are no longer a threat. HOWEVER, congress passed an Act in 2006 to try them. So fine, declare them threats and keep them locked up. Problem solved.
    try them or let them go.

  3. #323
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Helix, if you cant debate civilly, then stop posting. Youre a moderator. Follow the rules.
    i broke no rules.

  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    that doesn't matter.

    hey, you know next time you wonder why you're losing independents? this kind of **** is why. ****, you guys drove me all the way from solid republican to libertarian when you did the patriot act nonsense, and then all the way to left independent due to anti-worker sentiments and nearly obscene levels of corporatism.

    ****, how much does your party have to suck to do that? i'm not the only one, either. i'm not even the only one on this site. Republicans have gone so insane under Obama that now some of them are pissed off about a POW being released. i mean, i knew it had gotten bad, but this is

    absolutely
    ****ing
    ridiculous.
    Independents are nothing by liberals by another name to me.

  5. #325
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Independents are nothing by liberals by another name to me.
    fair enough. i'm damned sure not a conservative anymore.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    you all had 13 years to put them on trial. neither Bush nor Obama could be bothered to do so.

    holding people without trial is unAmerican. Guantanamo should be closed.
    They are war criminals, they can be held to the day they die of natural causes. And when they are found to be responsible for the deaths of more Americans I can just see the excuses flying….
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  7. #327
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    fair enough. i'm damned sure not a conservative anymore.
    Based on what little I have read from you, I doubt you ever were…
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #328
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Based on what little I have read from you, I doubt you ever were…
    Bush voter in 2000; got very angry at him about the patriot act, and that he wasn't conservative enough on fiscal issues.

    of course then his economy went straight to **** partially because trickle down is a farce, and then i had to navigate our ****ty health care system. started doing some research about my political opinions, and realized that i was wrong about a lot of stuff. by the time i got here, i was a left independent.

    now i'm reading posts advocating holding prisoners for life without trial and lambasting me for being happy that a POW has been released. i've seen a lot of really partisan stuff, but this is just unbelievable.

  9. #329
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    sorry. should have tried them. holding prisoners without trial is not American.
    Holding enemy combatants without trial during a war isn't out of the ordinary. I mean, they could all be summarily executed for not wearing a uniform if you prefer.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #330
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Holding enemy combatants without trial during a war isn't out of the ordinary. I mean, they could all be summarily executed for not wearing a uniform if you prefer.
    If I didn't oppose the death penalty, maybe I would. I agree with Helix, though, that holding these men this long without a trial is "un-American."

    I don't understand either why we returned five of theirs for one of ours.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •