Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 503

Thread: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

  1. #241
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,452

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    what does the chain in command think about all this?
    The men in his unit claim he deserted. That's called, "eye witnesses"
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Has anyone come forward, yet, to suggest that Bergdahl didn't desert his unit?

    Funny how innocent until proven guilty is so important, now.

    Where were the Libbos when American troops were falsely accused of murdering Iraqi civilians? They had those guys convicted, before they ever left theater. And the guys who pissed on those dead Tals? Weren't no need for a court, then! Y'all acted like they committed a capital crime.

    Bergdahl took an oath and wore my uniform. He was representing me and I demand that he face justice for his crime.
    It was treated as if it were a capital crime. And it was the Obama White House who ordered a court martial.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Strange you would bring my Father up to make your point, as he died exactly two years ago in about a half hour.
    Since those on your side question everything I say, I'd be glad to send you the memo.

    McKeon also has a committee dancing on the Benghazi graves.
    My Father would be sickened with the way the GOP has divided this Nation overseas .
    Who divided the nation ?

  4. #244
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Those sitting on a Summary or General Court Martial should assume innocence. But the procedures leading up to the court martial don't work that way does it ?

    Unlike the how the civil system works, the accused in a military judicial system doesn't sit in a brig or stockaded with those already convicted and serving their sentences. They are still treated as soldiers, Marines or sailors until convicted.
    But you know as well as I do that while most of us would be happy seeing him in the stockade while he waits on trial, there's that vicious court of public opinion. And you know as well as I do that sometimes, it's better to let things go.

    Don't get me wrong - if they have enough evidence of desertion, then he should be tried, absolutely! For instance, I'm all for Bradley Manning spending his (now her) entire sentence in jail. He meant to do the right thing...but hurt American standing around the world instead, and almost certainly got more than a few people killed.

    But if the Army's case against this POW is not airtight, they know how the court of public opinion would play out...and how it might be better for all concerned to just let it go.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    what does the chain in command think about all this?
    Over 200 of the chain of command have already been purged by the Obama administration.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    So...this guy deserted, caused the death of some soldiers that went looking for him, and he gets traded (illegally) for 5 taliban members and is treated to a parade when he gets home. Is that the crux of it?

  7. #247
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Over 200 of the chain of command have already been purged by the Obama administration.

    I forgot about that. Yes. They were, weren't they?

    BTW...I was FOR Obama. Twice. And look at me now. Bet there are many just like me.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    But you know as well as I do that while most of us would be happy seeing him in the stockade while he waits on trial, there's that vicious court of public opinion. And you know as well as I do that sometimes, it's better to let things go.

    Don't get me wrong - if they have enough evidence of desertion, then he should be tried, absolutely! For instance, I'm all for Bradley Manning spending his (now her) entire sentence in jail. He meant to do the right thing...but hurt American standing around the world instead, and almost certainly got more than a few people killed.

    But if the Army's case against this POW is not airtight, they know how the court of public opinion would play out...and how it might be better for all concerned to just let it go.
    Peronally speaking..I don't want to let it go. No more than I would have "let go" some tnt being bought to put in a Ryder truck...or middle easterners taking flying lessons, for example. Letting it go means whatever is going on, will continue to go on until something bad happens.

  9. #249
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Ah the appeal to authority fallacy. Good one.

    Your service has ZIP to do with this situation. Why don't you just admit you would take the word of the President over that of the soldiers that were there? Be consistent, stand up for what you believe in, instead of all the dodges and shifting.



    Again, rather than back up your beliefs, you just keep doing your left-wing masters proud by repeating the talking points they have given you. LOL. [/FONT][/COLOR]



    I do. They are as packed full of morons as your side is.
    Ah. And you are SO sure that my judgment cannot possibly be based upon my own professional experience. Why are you sure? Because my opinion is not in line with your own...therefore I must somehow be wrong, I guess....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #250
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Has anyone come forward, yet, to suggest that Bergdahl didn't desert his unit?

    Funny how innocent until proven guilty is so important, now.

    Where were the Libbos when American troops were falsely accused of murdering Iraqi civilians? They had those guys convicted, before they ever left theater. And the guys who pissed on those dead Tals? Weren't no need for a court, then! Y'all acted like they committed a capital crime.

    Bergdahl took an oath and wore my uniform. He was representing me and I demand that he face justice for his crime.
    So...you believe in guilty until proven innocent?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •