Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 503

Thread: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, I did wonder why the wait times kept getting longer at the VA each year he has been President.....especially after all the talk he did about helping Vets and keeping tabs on the targeting of Vets.

    .
    Doesn't surprise me, Obama couldn't get the military vote or the veterans votes in 2008 and got even less of their votes in 2012.

    It's not nice to piss off Obama or those radicals who are in charge with in the Democrat Party.

    It's all about votes. Do you think if Latino illegal aliens were to be awarded amnesty and they were going to vote the Republican ticket would their be a push by the left for blanket amnesty ?

    Obama hasn't a clue what's happening with in the VA except from what he learns from watching Fox News. He can care less, no body is currently in charge.

    You have to wonder if Obama knew that the guy he treated yesterday with the Taliban beard as a hero was a deserter ?
    He probably knew.

  2. #212
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    FYI, if it goes above the NJP level, the rules of evidence do apply.
    It's Purdy much a fact that he deserted his unit and it's a solid fact that that is a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #213
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i don't believe you.



    i have no blind partisanship, so once again, you are wrong.



    partisanship is ruining America. when one can't even express happiness about the release of a POW without being swarmed by partisans who hate the president, there is a real problem.
    Your love for the president is the reason for your position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I would also not totally disagree with that point as well if it can be proven that he did not desert as a Taliban apologist. If he was perhaps an apologist, then he was not really in captivity or punished for deserting. If perhaps he was not a willful deserter and his punishment of enduring 5 years of captivity is enough thats fine. However, you don't see the president appearing on camera at Levenworth congratulating prisoners on surviving their prison terms. Any idea why you don't see that? I would think there would be a pretty common sense answer to that question.
    Like I keep saying - assume innocence until guilt is proven in a court of law.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  5. #215
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    partisanship is ruining America. when one can't even express happiness about the release of a POW without being swarmed by partisans who hate the president, there is a real problem.
    So you would have what? All speech critical of the president deemed illegal?
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Hmm. Looks like others are questioning the legalities of what Obama did.

    GOP Lawmakers Say Obama's Prisoner Exchange Violated Law

  7. #217
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    So you would have what? All speech critical of the president deemed illegal?
    most of the criticism has not been constructive.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #218
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Like I keep saying - assume innocence until guilt is proven in a court of law.
    I am not saying he is guilty, but what I am saying is there is enough periphery evidence to demand that questions be asked and a trial be conducted. That is not a presumption of guilt.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Which Congressional members, the usual lying Republicans you parrot?
    Prove it or you're the one once again making **** up, as you would say .
    Congressman Buck McKeon.

    I'm sure even your father would hold Buck in high esteem. What vet doesn't ?

    I'm sure Buck holds your father in high esteem.

  10. #220
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan

    I find it very strange that a guy deserts his post, joins the taliban, claims he was kidnapped, is with them FIVE years...and not beheaded like most others...is promoted, then traded for FIVE taliban prisoners.

    Like I said..something stinks. And if this guy is called a hero or a parade given him or any other bullcrap...then someONE stinks big time. Obama didn't follow procedures so I believe the stink comes from the WH.

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •