Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Fracking C

  1. #21
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Don't talk to me about drinking the koolaide. You wouldn't know fracking from a hemorrhoid but that doesn't stop you from repeating whatever you hear that suits your political perspective.

    I have no contract. I just have a well with drinking water that is as sweet as bottled springwater. And I have fracking locations miles from my house and zero worries about their operations causing earthquakes or contaminating my drinking water because I understand the science and I understand the process and because I don't get my "facts" from tree hugging nitwits or pinko propaganda sites.
    The ground surrounding every site is different. Just because your well is ok means nothing. The fact that you dont realize that makes you look very silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    You should really read your links better. Stuff that was based studies before 2009? Not as widespread then at all.

    And here's a good quote, the link was based on studying "one site.":
    "This is good news,” said Duke University scientist Rob Jackson, but warned that a single study does not prove fracking can’t ever pollute since industry drilling practices vary widely throughout Pennsylvania and the country."

    Yeah, it's all black and white to you....and because 'you 'believe' your community is benefiting, you've bought in, hook, line and sinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The ground surrounding every site is different. Just because your well is ok means nothing. The fact that you dont realize that makes you look very silly.
    You should eventually try to get on speaking terms with reality. Just sayin'.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You should eventually try to get on speaking terms with reality. Just sayin'.
    I have a degree in Natural Resource Management. Lots of geology, hydrology, forestry....again, you make large incorrect assumptions based on limited info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You should really read your links better. Stuff that was based studies before 2009? Not as widespread then at all.

    And here's a good quote, the link was based on studying "one site.":
    "This is good news,” said Duke University scientist Rob Jackson, but warned that a single study does not prove fracking can’t ever pollute since industry drilling practices vary widely throughout Pennsylvania and the country."

    Yeah, it's all black and white to you....and because 'you 'believe' your community is benefiting, you've bought in, hook, line and sinker.
    Everything has risks. The risks with fracking are minimal and the potential harm actually quite minimal while the benefit is huge.

    Fracking is here to stay, Chicken little rhetoric or not.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Everything has risks. The risks with fracking are minimal and the potential harm actually quite minimal while the benefit is huge.

    Fracking is here to stay, Chicken little rhetoric or not.
    The benefit is only huge for the energy companies....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I have a degree in Natural Resource Management. Lots of geology, hydrology, forestry....again, you make large incorrect assumptions based on limited info.
    If you actually have a degree in geology, hydrology, etc., it's proof that our educational system has failed miserably. And as little faith as I have in our educational system, I think it's much more likely that you are not telling the truth.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The benefit is only huge for the energy companies....
    I know, I know, those evil energy companies........
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #29
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I have a degree in Natural Resource Management. Lots of geology, hydrology, forestry....again, you make large incorrect assumptions based on limited info.
    Natural Resource Management....

    So, at the University of Colorado, an NRM degree is described as follows:

    Natural Resources Management Degrees

    The goal of the natural resources management major is to provide students with a broad-based understanding of the interconnectedness of social, political, and ecological systems. This knowledge will enable students to design sustainable solutions to address natural resource conservation and management problems. Students will learn about natural resource stewardship in both theory and practice, with an eye toward designing systems that are adaptable and resilient in light of the social and ecological complexity and change that characterize today’s challenges.

    So perhaps you can help. Where would did you find the real focus of this education be? Social, Political, or Ecological? I see lots about management, policy and engagement, but really nothing about geologic engineering, or even chemical engineering for that matter.

    Perhaps I've missed something.

  10. #30
    Educator straykatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    752

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    And who determines if it affects drinking water? Duke Energy? Southern Company? Or a handful of corporations in the country?
    Who ever has the biggest pocketbook to pay off any officials/representatives to stay mum on the subject.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •