Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Fracking C

  1. #11
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Why would anyone defend this nonsense?!

    Anything that goes into OUR country's land that could affect us should be made public knowledge.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #12
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Of course you do, if it actually affects your drinking water. If it doesn't, then no, you don't.
    If they find chemicals in his drinking water, how do they know where to find where they came from and stop it?

    How do they even know what to look for? Not everything shows up in testing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Of course you do, if it actually affects your drinking water. If it doesn't, then no, you don't.
    And it doesn't so he don't.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    If they find chemicals in his drinking water, how do they know where to find where they came from and stop it?

    How do they even know what to look for? Not everything shows up in testing.....
    And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Fracking takes place so far below the water table that I can only conclude objections based on "drinking water" are either from people who don't know anything at all about fracking and are speaking from ignorance or from people who do know better but happily carry the party line even though they know it's complete bullcrap.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    If you want to enjoy trade secret protections for your fracking chemicals, you shouldn't pump them into the water table. If the community is expected to trust their health and safety to the fracking company, they need to be met halfway with transparency.
    They aren't pumpted into the water table. Learn something about fracking so you won't sound foolish when you talk about it.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    p.s. I live in a hotspot for fracking. I have fracking taking place a few miles from my home. I get my water from a well. I pump it out of the ground. I have zero concern about fracking because I understand how it works and what it does and doesn't do.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Fracking takes place so far below the water table that I can only conclude objections based on "drinking water" are either from people who don't know anything at all about fracking and are speaking from ignorance or from people who do know better but happily carry the party line even though they know it's complete bullcrap.
    Well it's been documented....

    Fracking Chemicals in Drinking Water | Chemicals Used in Fracking |

    Hormone-Disrupting Chemicals Linked to Fracking Found in Colorado River – News Watch

    USGS Finds Fracking Water Contamination in Wyoming

    Fracking Tied to Drinking Water Damage by EPA Regional Official

    Er....so much for it being 'bullcrap."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    p.s. I live in a hotspot for fracking. I have fracking taking place a few miles from my home. I get my water from a well. I pump it out of the ground. I have zero concern about fracking because I understand how it works and what it does and doesn't do.
    LOL Sounds like someone's been drinking the kool-aid, rather than the drinking water.

    Just how flooded with their propaganda have you been deluged with? Do you have a contract?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Frackin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL Sounds like someone's been drinking the kool-aid, rather than the drinking water.

    Just how flooded with their propaganda have you been deluged with? Do you have a contract?
    Don't talk to me about drinking the koolaide. You wouldn't know fracking from a hemorrhoid but that doesn't stop you from repeating whatever you hear that suits your political perspective.

    I have no contract. I just have a well with drinking water that is as sweet as bottled springwater. And I have fracking locations miles from my house and zero worries about their operations causing earthquakes or contaminating my drinking water because I understand the science and I understand the process and because I don't get my "facts" from tree hugging nitwits or pinko propaganda sites.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •