Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 106

Thread: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Sorry but you're totally off the mark with such analogy. If there is predisposition to acts like murder, that's all it is. Perhaps in the distant future they will be able to know someone is "55% likely to commit murder" and just lock them up like you say, but there's obvious environment factors.

    That's totally different from traits we are born with. If someone is born autistic, i don't see why that couldn't be determined before birth. For example, i was born allergic to certain things, eye color, handedness etc. There was no choice involved.
    First of all, you or no one else has been able to conclusively demonstrate that people are born autistic. So that's a flaw. But that aside, because I really don't want to waste time on that, engagement in sexual activity is a choice. Not only that but it is something that is affected by conditioning. That is not to say that persons are NOT born with innate behavior that makes them more or less inclined towards homosexual activity, because that is definitely the case. However, sexuality can be affected by environment and conditioning, and this can be very easily demonstrated by noting that it is not uncommon for persons, who enter the prison system that have previously engaged in strictly heterosexual sex activity, leave the prison system and engage in strictly homosexual sexual activity. That is a fact.

  2. #62
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    First of all, you or no one else has been able to conclusively demonstrate that people are born autistic. So that's a flaw. But that aside, because I really don't want to waste time on that, engagement in sexual activity is a choice. Not only that but it is something that is affected by conditioning. That is not to say that persons are NOT born with innate behavior that makes them more or less inclined towards homosexual activity, because that is definitely the case. However, sexuality can be affected by environment and conditioning, and this can be very easily demonstrated by noting that it is not uncommon for persons, who enter the prison system that have previously engaged in strictly heterosexual sex activity, leave the prison system and engage in strictly homosexual sexual activity. That is a fact.
    Actually, there is plenty of evidence to show that yes people are born more or less inclined toward sexual activity with a person of a particular sex. Sexuality is determined by both nature and nurture, including some genes having some influence on this.

    There is a difference between participating in same sex sexual relationships and being homosexual. Sexuality is about attraction, not actions/behavior. That prisoner who had sex with a person of the same sex in prison is most likely going to have relationships with the opposite sex once released if they are heterosexual. It is how people can be homosexual and still enter into opposite sex marriages for a good portion of their life.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Actually, there is plenty of evidence to show that yes people are born more or less inclined toward sexual activity with a person of a particular sex. Sexuality is determined by both nature and nurture, including some genes having some influence on this.

    There is a difference between participating in same sex sexual relationships and being homosexual. Sexuality is about attraction, not actions/behavior. That prisoner who had sex with a person of the same sex in prison is most likely going to have relationships with the opposite sex once released if they are heterosexual. It is how people can be homosexual and still enter into opposite sex marriages for a good portion of their life.
    I do not dispute that people are born with a predisposition to have sex with people of a particular sex. It is there in varying degrees. However, you are wrong if you believe that sexual preference is not affected by conditioning. And the example I gave demonstrates that.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
    Yeah, they have.
    Uh, no, they haven't.

  5. #65
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I do not dispute that people are born with a predisposition to have sex with people of a particular sex. It is there in varying degrees. However, you are wrong if you believe that sexual preference is not affected by conditioning. And the example I gave demonstrates that.
    No, it doesn't demonstrate that at all. In fact, most men and women in prison, despite popular belief do not engage in same sex sexual activities, with the possible exception of those who have LWOP because they aren't likely to get out to have sex with women.

    Just Detention International

    EFFECTS OF LONG TERM INCARCERATION

    Your assumptions on prisoners turning gay is simply unfounded. Most do not "turn" gay at all, even when they engage in same sex sexual relations while in prison.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, it doesn't demonstrate that at all. In fact, most men and women in prison, despite popular belief do not engage in same sex sexual activities, with the possible exception of those who have LWOP because they aren't likely to get out to have sex with women.
    I really don't want to hear it because I have seen it happen to people. Black males in particular have a very high incarceration rate. Not only do I say it, but people have looked at particular cases and found it to be true.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Your assumptions on prisoners turning gay is simply unfounded. Most do not "turn" gay at all, even when they engage in same sex sexual relations while in prison.
    Your assumptions on turning gay are unfounded. People do not turn gay. What you have is varying degrees of preference or repulsion for a particular behavior, and it is something that can be affected by environment and conditioning. The results will vary depending on the nature of what is there to start with.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    This article makes the claim that "gay men" are more attuned parents than either sex of the heterosexual alone. Interesting?
    NOt really its closer to BS

  8. #68
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I really don't want to hear it because I have seen it happen to people. Black males in particular have a very high incarceration rate. Not only do I say it, but people have looked at particular cases and found it to be true.



    Your assumptions on turning gay are unfounded. People do not turn gay. What you have is varying degrees of preference or repulsion for a particular behavior, and it is something that can be affected by environment and conditioning. The results will vary depending on the nature of what is there to start with.
    Most do not even appear to "turn" gay. Those that might appear to do so have simply started from a more bisexual sexuality than they were aware.

    As for you seeing it, it wasn't them becoming gay. Engaging in same sex sexual relations is not "gay". It is merely engaging in same sex sexual relations. Being gay/homosexual means actually being attracted to members of the same sex, not just choosing to have relationships with them. And I've provided research to back up what I've said. In some ways, it does depend on the specific prison environment.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #69
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    NOt really its closer to BS
    It's possible to some small degree, though I don't see how this could be accurately measured. Or by what standards they're using as a model for comparison?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Gay dads' brains show activity akin to both parents': study

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Most do not even appear to "turn" gay. Those that might appear to do so have simply started from a more bisexual sexuality than they were aware.
    Your position is contradictory. You want to say that sexuality is a matter of what you are attracted to, but at the same time you want to say people have attraction that they are not aware of. When you are attracted to something you know it.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    As for you seeing it, it wasn't them becoming gay. Engaging in same sex sexual relations is not "gay". It is merely engaging in same sex sexual relations. Being gay/homosexual means actually being attracted to members of the same sex, not just choosing to have relationships with them. And I've provided research to back up what I've said. In some ways, it does depend on the specific prison environment.
    People sometimes come to be disposed to sexual activity that they may previously had a repulsion for through conditioning and vice versa.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •