Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 222

Thread: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I frankly couldn't give a **** about the Taliban. All that was necessary was to destroy the training camps and secure an airbase with free reign in the country. Nation building was entirely unnecessary.
    You know, we actually agree on something. Amazing!

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You have no argument.
    Your response was ridiculous. The Taliban did not kill those innocent people.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    No. It was a defense strategy for that part of the border.
    using their secret service branch to fund terrorist raids? thats what you call defensive?

    maybe the fact that Public enemy number one in the war on terror was hiding in a compound located near to the Pakistani equivelent of west point was just a big coincidence.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    using their secret service branch to fund terrorist raids? thats what you call defensive?

    maybe the fact that Public enemy number one in the war on terror was hiding in a compound located near to the Pakistani equivelent of west point was just a big coincidence.
    We were talking about pre 9/11 remember?

  5. #145
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Why would pre 9/11 matter? Pakistan wanted Afghanistan under its sphere of influence. That continues to this day, while India builds airbases in many of the 'stans.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #146
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    We were talking about pre 9/11 remember?
    yes.

    and i am saying that many of Afghanistan's grievances have been indirectly caused by pakistan.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    yes.

    and i am saying that many of Afghanistan's grievances have been indirectly caused by pakistan.
    I don't dispute that. However, my point is that Pakistan had a reason for doing so. It's very difficult territory to control. The US can testify to this fact.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Afghanistan WAS the right war. The problem was, the previous administration got distracted. Obama campaigned on the idea that he would put the focus BACK on Afghanistan, draw down in Iraq and get Bin Laden.....which was all accomplished because the focus was where it should have been in the first place.

    The whole Afghanistan war should have been over before GWB ever left office. I don't fault Obama for having to clean up the mess that Bush created. I do fault him for continuing it longer than necessary.
    Obama has been in office almost 6 years. You are entitled to your opinion. You claim Bush left a mess and yet ignore the mess Obama is leaving. Guess liberals simply have no idea of reality and you prove it with your posts. It really is quite telling how shortsighted you are as well as your lack of understanding of what leadership is even about.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I don't dispute that. However, my point is that Pakistan had a reason for doing so. It's very difficult territory to control. The US can testify to this fact.
    the fact they kept telling us to fund people who turned out to be terrorists fighting againist us kind of makes me wonder if there was any time that pakistan did not stab us in the back.

    i think they willingly hid Osama bin laden from us.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #150
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: US to keep nearly 10k troops in Afghanistan after 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I don't dispute that. However, my point is that Pakistan had a reason for doing so. It's very difficult territory to control. The US can testify to this fact.
    Well...doesn't every nation have a reason for doing things? Aren't you very critical of American hegemony? But doesn't the US have a reason for doing so?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •