Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 110

Thread: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    We can say that for alot of things.

    If we always take the suspects word for it, there would be no drunk drivers on the road. There would be no domestic violence. There would be no thieves, burglars, or robberies. There would be no murderers.

    Imagine that kind of a world.. "Well he said he didn't do it...."
    Gun runners don't have also everything they own in their car as well as smuggle registered guns. Think for a second.

  2. #82
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,374

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    We can say that for alot of things.

    If we always take the suspects word for it, there would be no drunk drivers on the road. There would be no domestic violence. There would be no thieves, burglars, or robberies. There would be no murderers.

    Imagine that kind of a world.. "Well he said he didn't do it...."
    I guess we have to ask, is there any reason not to believe him?
    The road coming out of the parking lot has one sign saying where to go,
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...277.18,,0,8.62
    and it looks like it is behind a palm tree.
    Going straight north, leads to a loop back to the Mexico crossing.
    The entrance is on the right side, the turn around on the left side of six lanes,
    some of them separated by concrete.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...,,0,-16.8&z=18
    Is it plausible, someone could get on the wrong freeway, and not be able to correct the action
    before the crossing, when the u-turn is separated by a barrier for almost the entire distance
    from the entrance ramp to the crossing?

  3. #83
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    I guess we have to ask, is there any reason not to believe him?
    The road coming out of the parking lot has one sign saying where to go,
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...277.18,,0,8.62
    and it looks like it is behind a palm tree.
    Going straight north, leads to a loop back to the Mexico crossing.
    The entrance is on the right side, the turn around on the left side of six lanes,
    some of them separated by concrete.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...,,0,-16.8&z=18
    Is it plausible, someone could get on the wrong freeway, and not be able to correct the action
    before the crossing, when the u-turn is separated by a barrier for almost the entire distance
    from the entrance ramp to the crossing?
    Is that possible when this was the seventh time he was on that road? You would think he would know how the entrance to Mexico was after 6 times being there.

  4. #84
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,374

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Is that possible when this was the seventh time he was on that road? You would think he would know how the entrance to Mexico was after 6 times being there.
    It is possible, his normal route was to take the U-turn at the border,
    We just don't know. There appears to be construction in the area during the
    street view time, things change.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    A. The discussion of this issue has nothing to do with what WE in the U.S. would do in a similar scenario on our side of the border....... trying that comparison makes no sense whatsoever.
    Why is that? Do you expect less from Mexicans than you do from Americans?

    As far as their laws go, everyone with experience expects less from their justice system,and rightly so. Rather than accepting it there should be massive boycotts until these laws change. That would eventually help the Mexican people also.

  6. #86
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    It is possible, his normal route was to take the U-turn at the border,
    We just don't know. There appears to be construction in the area during the
    street view time, things change.
    Can you show that he drove on his visits?

    Must be wonderful to be perfect.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #87
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Apologies to longview. I quoted the wrong post..response is for Mason.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #88
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    I guess we have to ask, is there any reason not to believe him?
    The road coming out of the parking lot has one sign saying where to go,
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...277.18,,0,8.62
    and it looks like it is behind a palm tree.
    Going straight north, leads to a loop back to the Mexico crossing.
    The entrance is on the right side, the turn around on the left side of six lanes,
    some of them separated by concrete.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...,,0,-16.8&z=18
    Is it plausible, someone could get on the wrong freeway, and not be able to correct the action
    before the crossing, when the u-turn is separated by a barrier for almost the entire distance
    from the entrance ramp to the crossing?
    Sure.

    Now take that same person who has admittedly crossing into Tijuana 6 previous times via that route and have them tell you they got lost.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why is that? Do you expect less from Mexicans than you do from Americans?

    As far as their laws go, everyone with experience expects less from their justice system,and rightly so. Rather than accepting it there should be massive boycotts until these laws change. That would eventually help the Mexican people also.
    Yes. Lets have massive boycotts on everyone in the world until everyone makes their laws like ours and does what we do because we are teh greeeattest ting eva!!!!

  10. #90
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,374

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Sure.

    Now take that same person who has admittedly crossing into Tijuana 6 previous times via that route and have them tell you they got lost.
    This time he crossed by foot to eat with friends, how do you know the other times he drove?
    I for one, would not take my car to Mexico, if I could walk.
    The area looks to be under construction also, things do change.
    Do you think he was taking his guns to Mexico to sell?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •