Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110

Thread: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

  1. #101
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Sounds like a ****ing ignorant idea if you ask me.
    I don't believe that happened, did it?
    Last edited by Ray410; 06-06-14 at 11:13 AM.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    That is an awesome Idea. Lets allocate millions upon millions of dollars to deport millions of illegal aliens for one person in a Mexican jail.

    Better yet. Lets do the deporting and leave him there.
    And then have Obama trade for five Mexican gang leaders through his 'no man left behind' program.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    I don't believe that happened, did it?
    No, smart ass, it didn't.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And then have Obama trade for five Mexican gang leaders through his 'no man left behind' program.
    A move I would have to also disagree with.

  5. #105
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And then have Obama trade for five Mexican gang leaders through his 'no man left behind' program.
    Do you think I have some special influnece on Obama?

    Your boy is screwed. He is no different than any other American serving time in foreign prison. Life is a bitch sometimes.


  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    A move I would have to also disagree with.
    Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Do you think I have some special influnece on Obama?

    Your boy is screwed. He is no different than any other American serving time in foreign prison. Life is a bitch sometimes.
    I think people are too caught up in the fact that he is a Marine.

    Members of the military aren't entitled to any different special treatment when they go breaking laws in foreign countries and have to endure pre-trial confinement.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Do you think I have some special influnece on Obama?
    Perhaps you can write a letter telling BHO that you voted for him twice and want him to mention that his fellow American should be freed, just like he released the Taliban terrorists.

    Your boy is screwed. He is no different than any other American serving time in foreign prison. Life is a bitch sometimes.
    And it seems Americans want to make it even bitchier for themselves.

  9. #109
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,311

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You entirely missed the point of my post. It was not about trying to tie this into an immigration issue... because this isn't about immigration.

    It was about the fact that he is being held in pre-trial confinement and it is blowing peoples minds because they don't understand WTF pre-trial confinement is.

    As for mistakenly.... who are you to say for certain he did in fact "mistakenly" enter Mexico? And, for that matter, why are you ignoring the fact he brought weapons across the border when he was not allowed to do that.

    The weapons are what got him in trouble... not just crossing the border... whether purposefully or "mistakenly".
    I didn't miss your point, and whether or not you want this to tie into the immigration issue here, too bad. The optics of this couldn't be worse for Mexico. We are constantly lectured by Mexico how we must show compassion for those Mexican citizens that break our laws and come here, yet when one American makes a mistake, he is not just jailed, but put in prison, and beaten.

    As for that mistake of crossing the border in the first place, "who am I"? Who are you to say it didn't happen the way he says? Do you have ONE shred of evidence that he was intentionally trying to break their laws? I don't think you do. The weapons he had were legal in the US, where he says he never meant to take them, or himself into Mexico, and even told the Mexican border authorities that they could confiscate them if they would just allow him to return to the US.

    Yep, those weapons are the evil here...legally owned weapons....I am confident that any rational person doesn't believe that this is grounds for beatings, and death threats....Maybe you think that kind of behavior is warranted, but I don't.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mexican cooperation could have spared Marine from ordeal, say border sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think people are too caught up in the fact that he is a Marine.

    Members of the military aren't entitled to any different special treatment when they go breaking laws in foreign countries and have to endure pre-trial confinement.
    It seems that the US should be holding about 12 million Mexicans in pre-trial confinement also. They shouldn't get any special treatment when they break the law.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •