Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 339

Thread: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

  1. #81
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,409

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Strawman? No - fact.
    Take the crayons out of your nose and tell me where I said I support Obama in this.

  2. #82
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    This administrations incompetence renews and overachieves on a daily basis. Glad to see you support that.
    I remember the Bush Administration saying the Iraq war would take maybe 6 weeks and the oil revenues would pay for it.


  3. #83
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Japan was undefeated, until 1945.



    But Japan got its ass kicked pretty good in 1945, didn't it?

    Do you think that they would like a re-match anytime soon?

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    But Japan got its ass kicked pretty good in 1945, didn't it?

    Do you think that they would like a re-match anytime soon?
    That's my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Really? So, why was Armitage NEVER questioned during the investigation?
    Yes he was.

    Are you still confused about the memo...because you are avoiding it....completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    More straw men, I don't support Obama in everything he does. American brought up Valerie Plame playing the victim card on the first page before anyone even said anything. You guys do this in every thread, you lay down every card before anyone even responds and then spend pages throwing a fit about every unfair meme you can muster. It's ludicrous.
    Then you better change your leaning because everything he is doing supports that Progressive agenda. Bush was attacked because of Valerie Plame even though Bush didn't do anything yet Obama's Administration is being ignored because of the same thing Bush Administration was attacked for. So sorry, it is you and your liberal friends that have a double standard and are ludicrous. Being a progressive also makes you out of touch with reality.

  7. #87
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, so you admit she was no longer working under a covert status? Thanks, Pete!
    I didn't admit to any such thing.

    FITZGERALD: The fact that she was a CIA officer was not well- known, for her protection or for the benefit of all us. It's important that a CIA officer's identity be protected, that it be protected not just for the officer, but for the nation's security.

    Valerie Wilson's cover was blown in July 2003. The first sign of that cover being blown was when Mr. Novak published a column on July 14th, 2003.

    But Mr. Novak was not the first reporter to be told that Wilson's wife, Valerie Wilson, Ambassador Wilson's wife Valerie, worked at the CIA. Several other reporters were told.

    In fact, Mr. Libby was the first official known to have told a reporter when he talked to Judith Miller in June of 2003 about Valerie Wilson.

    Now, something needs to be borne in mind about a criminal investigation.
    Transcript of Special Counsel Fitzgerald's Press Conference


  8. #88
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's a good thing FDR didn't "pickup a history book" in 1941.



    FDR was pretty busy making history in 1941, he didn't have a whole lot of spare time to waste reading it.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I remember the Bush Administration saying the Iraq war would take maybe 6 weeks and the oil revenues would pay for it.
    Yes, I remember when Obama Administration said the stimulus would keep unemployment from exceeding 8% and would generate shovel ready jobs that would halve the deficit. I also remember when Obamacare wasn't supposed to cost the American taxpayers a dime and would be fully funded. Yes, amazing memory you have on what happened over a decade ago but cannot remember what is happening now.

  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I didn't admit to any such thing.

    FITZGERALD: The fact that she was a CIA officer was not well- known, for her protection or for the benefit of all us. It's important that a CIA officer's identity be protected, that it be protected not just for the officer, but for the nation's security.

    Valerie Wilson's cover was blown in July 2003. The first sign of that cover being blown was when Mr. Novak published a column on July 14th, 2003.

    But Mr. Novak was not the first reporter to be told that Wilson's wife, Valerie Wilson, Ambassador Wilson's wife Valerie, worked at the CIA. Several other reporters were told.

    In fact, Mr. Libby was the first official known to have told a reporter when he talked to Judith Miller in June of 2003 about Valerie Wilson.

    Now, something needs to be borne in mind about a criminal investigation.
    Transcript of Special Counsel Fitzgerald's Press Conference
    Novack confirmed that it was Armitage that told him about Plame, not Libby. Why wasn't Armitage EVER questioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •