Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 339

Thread: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

  1. #271
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    among other things, yes. i support hiring people to build roads and bridges, renewable energy power generation, more nuclear power plants, and a vastly upgraded electrical grid.

    there's stuff that desperately needs done and a lot of people desperately trying to get into or stay in the middle class. it just makes good sense.
    We could even open up drilling and let the private sector help with some of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #272
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Plame spent most of her CIA career in Langley behind a desk. Doubt she was in any danger there compared to the CIA station chief outed.
    You don't know that, could not know that.

    FITZGERALD: Before I talk about those charges and what the indictment alleges, I'd like to put the investigation into a little context.

    Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer. In July 2003, the fact that Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer was classified. Not only was it classified, but it was not widely known outside the intelligence community.

    Valerie Wilson's friends, neighbors, college classmates had no idea she had another life.

    FITZGERALD: The fact that she was a CIA officer was not well- known, for her protection or for the benefit of all us. It's important that a CIA officer's identity be protected, that it be protected not just for the officer, but for the nation's security.

    Valerie Wilson's cover was blown in July 2003. The first sign of that cover being blown was when Mr. Novak published a column on July 14th, 2003.

    But Mr. Novak was not the first reporter to be told that Wilson's wife, Valerie Wilson, Ambassador Wilson's wife Valerie, worked at the CIA. Several other reporters were told.

    In fact, Mr. Libby was the first official known to have told a reporter when he talked to Judith Miller in June of 2003 about Valerie Wilson.

    Now, something needs to be borne in mind about a criminal investigation.


  3. #273
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, that is reality
    Yes, That Libby did it to himself by lying to the FBI.


  4. #274
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You don't know that, could not know that.

    FITZGERALD: Before I talk about those charges and what the indictment alleges, I'd like to put the investigation into a little context.

    Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer. In July 2003, the fact that Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer was classified. Not only was it classified, but it was not widely known outside the intelligence community.

    Valerie Wilson's friends, neighbors, college classmates had no idea she had another life.

    FITZGERALD: The fact that she was a CIA officer was not well- known, for her protection or for the benefit of all us. It's important that a CIA officer's identity be protected, that it be protected not just for the officer, but for the nation's security.

    Valerie Wilson's cover was blown in July 2003. The first sign of that cover being blown was when Mr. Novak published a column on July 14th, 2003.

    But Mr. Novak was not the first reporter to be told that Wilson's wife, Valerie Wilson, Ambassador Wilson's wife Valerie, worked at the CIA. Several other reporters were told.

    In fact, Mr. Libby was the first official known to have told a reporter when he talked to Judith Miller in June of 2003 about Valerie Wilson.

    Now, something needs to be borne in mind about a criminal investigation.
    great, do you have a point? Libby was prosecuted, Armitage resigned, Plame Sued Cheney and the Bush administration and lost twice. She also lost in a Democrat Controlled House. Guess liberals just don't accept losing

  5. #275
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Yes, That Libby did it to himself by lying to the FBI.
    that isn't the point and you know it, he was prosecuted and went to jail. Name for me the Obama Administration official in jail?

  6. #276
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    that isn't the point and you know it, he was prosecuted and went to jail. Name for me the Obama Administration official in jail?
    Who belongs in jail, Con?


  7. #277
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    great, do you have a point? Libby was prosecuted, Armitage resigned, Plame Sued Cheney and the Bush administration and lost twice. She also lost in a Democrat Controlled House. Guess liberals just don't accept losing
    Funny....again....it wasn't liberals who brought up Plame in this thread. If you won......why can't you guys accept it as such?

    LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Point, Libby went to jail and Armitage resigned. Name for me one, just one Obama official who has been prosecuted or lost their job because of what they did? Where is the accountability in this Administration and where is that promised transparency. IRS, Benghazi, VA, Afghanistan station chief, Stimulus failure and yet we have people still supporting this incompetent Administration including people like you. Says a lot about you
    ...

    I can name a few WH staff fired, I cannot find ANY evidence of the current VP office carrying out a smear campaign against a CIA agent because her husband wrote about Admin lies leading us into a false, illegal invasion, wasting TRILLIONS in tax dollars, causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocents while destroying their nation, the deaths of thousands of US service personnel, and blowing up the US debt.

    You want one Obama official, you have no concept of scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Who belongs in jail, Con?
    Let's start with the IRS scandal and coverup, the Benghazi leadership, the VA Administrator, whoever leaked the Station Chief's name and here we are a couple days later and no one has come forward, isn't that a coverup?

    Doubt seriously that any liberal will accept responsibility for anything for all you people can do is place blame.

  10. #280
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's start with the IRS scandal and coverup, the Benghazi leadership, the VA Administrator, whoever leaked the Station Chief's name and here we are a couple days later and no one has come forward, isn't that a coverup?

    Doubt seriously that any liberal will accept responsibility for anything for all you people can do is place blame.
    There is no IRS scandal or coverup, there is no Benghazi or coverup. More needs to be done with VA, but with all wars Bush created, should have done more.


Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •