Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 339

Thread: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

  1. #201
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ah, so short of the exact scenerio you think happened with Plame, then all's good with you eh? No responsibility need be taken by anyone because it isn't the exact BS scenerio you condemned with the previous administration....What a crock.
    Again, I already said:

    Probably the WH press agency members responsible for creating the list.....and anyone who was supposed to review it.

    and...

    I'll put some money up that says you are wrong.


    But, I'm arguing with the guy who thought this came out in a speech because he could not be bothered to read posts already in the thread
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #202
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    There has never been this odd fixation on treating every campagin speech that the president makes as some sort of unbreakable promise.
    Are you saying that no other POTUS' campaign promises have faced scrutiny?

  3. #203
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So you think someone's going to be held accountable over this ?

    Just asking.
    What is wrong with you people? Can you not read anything already posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    There has never been this odd fixation on treating every campagin speech that the president makes as some sort of unbreakable promise.
    Oh its far more than a Campaign speech.

    Its his initial response to the IRS's targeting Conservatives.

    His initial repsonse to Benghazi. Remember ?

    His broken promises and out right lies which include his ObamaCare promises.

  5. #205
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    They were exposed to what exactly? Did a single one of their names ever come out? No, they didn't, which is why neither I nor you can name one of them. In other words, it's irrelevant, and you know it.
    Very poor logic there, why would the CIA list their covert operatives? Answer: They wouldn't.

    You have no idea if anyone will be held responsible for putting this man's life in danger. Shockingly, neither do any of us. But someone should be held responsible, shouldn't they...?
    Again, more poor logic, just because you have not heard who was held responsible that does not mean no one was.


  6. #206
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Are you saying that no other POTUS' campaign promises have faced scrutiny?
    No I am not, Romney's campagin provided many quotable statements.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Whether Powell approved or didn't approve of Bush's policies doesn't change the fact that Bush hired him. He was one of Bush's people and Bush is ultimately responsible for everything that the man did or didn't do during the time that he was working for Bush.

    That's the way that it works.
    Bush hired Powell because he was a damn good yes man.

    Back during the Vietnam War, the U.S. Army started to groom then Major Powell to be a yes man. You noticed as a field commander (Major)the highest position he ever had in a combat unit was as the XO of a infantry battalion. From then on Powell would be groomed to be a yes man because of the National Security Act of 1947, all branches of the military needed yes men to deal with the civilians and Congress who would be micromanaging the military. (One of the reasons why I believe we need to revisit the NSA of 47.)

    Read the "Reagan Diaries" and see why Reagan picked Powell to be his Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

    Note: The position of the CJCS is different today than it was during the Reagan administration because of the Goldwater-Nichols Act of 1986.

    The Goldwater-Nichols Act took the Chairman and the entire Joint Chiefs of Command out of the military chain of command. They no longer have anyone to command.

  8. #208
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Very poor logic there, why would the CIA list their covert operatives? Answer: They wouldn't.


    Again, more poor logic, just because you have not heard who was held responsible that does not mean no one was.
    So they didn't get exposed, did they? No, they didn't. My point exactly. It was irrelevant.

    I'm waiting for Obama to come out, tell everyone his administration acted "stupidly", and find out who is taking the heat for this. Same thing you would demand of Bush.

  9. #209
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    No I am not, Romney's campagin provided many quotable statements.
    So then there is no problem with people scrutinizing Obama's campaign promises? Romney isn't POTUS so we aren't talking about him.

  10. #210
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Blazing up with President Obama would be awesome.



    And then some!

    I'd also be happy to share some weed with him or any other occupant of the oval office.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •