Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 259

Thread: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

  1. #51
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbar

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    If there's anything funny at all about this situation, it's that the kid died a virgin.
    Well , first of all he would have needed a penis to lose his virginity. From the video he looks like one who has to squat to pee.

  2. #52
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbar

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    People do plenty of stupid crap because of relationships problem, but there is absolutely no point where normal people get rejected too much and starting murdering people. I really hope the fact you are defending a mass murderer might make you wake up and realize just how destructive your attitude is.
    I wouldn't hold your breath. He's part of the same general group that this guy came out of. They've defended everything from men murdering their own children to marital rape, and it's the same crap every time -- "How else can you expect the poor nice guy to react when things don't go his way?"

    The sheer insanity of calling a murderer or a rapist a "nice guy" never seems to dawn on them. These are people who are terrified of the idea that they are the one with a problem and taking responsibility for it in the same way normal people are terrified of having a gun in their face. It's always somebody else's fault, and that apparently warrants any and all actions they might respond with, no matter how insane, sadistic, or psychopathic they might be.

  3. #53
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbar

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    He appears to be involved with MRA's of the type who call themselves "incels" -- involuntarily celibate. He's not the first person involved with these kinds of groups to murder women (or people in general) for similar reasons.

    Online Forum For Sexually Frustrated Men Reacts To News That Mass Shooter May Be One Of Their Own | Business Insider
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ElliotR...w=list&view=56

    They can never seem to get anyone to show up to their meat space events, but on the rare occasion they do have a real-world presence, it always seems to be when one of them kills people.

    It's probably some combination of pre-existing mental illness or psychopathy and the justification this movement gives to such people. It's part of why I think this brand of misogyny deserves more attention and blow-back than the old-fashioned kind. The new misogyny specifically targets men who are mentally ill or socially repellent or simply lack the ability to connect to people, and tells them that no matter how rude or abusive they are, they're entitled to sex and the service of women. They deserve to be angry women won't do whatever they want them to and they deserve to feel entitled to it -- in fact, they're not angry and entitled enough.

    I give it 48 hours before one of these groups posts a pity party about how sad it is that this man was so maligned by wicked women who didn't feel obligated to sleep with him.
    I have met similar types to this guy, no one that I think is about to cross the line into murder, but they blame everyone but themselves for not being able to have a functional relationship with women. A few years back I ran across the granddaughter of the man I used to work for, I've known this girl since she was a child and was catching up with her. Well one of her coworkers was obsessed with her and trying to tell her I was one of those "evil alpha male jerks who would only hurt her" and asking if she wanted him to make me leave her alone, she basically told him "that guy would crush you, relax". Anyway, that girl is someone I consider like family, and the kid had the assumption a lot of those types have which is "I'm the better man, why doesn't she want ME".
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #54
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    I think the most interesting thing about the video is his use of language. It's not indicative of someone with higher intellect. It sounds like somebody with a serious need to be admired. It is also a sign he was trying WAY too hard. This is clearly a mentally disturbed (but not ill) young man whose actions can't be excused but I won't go around pretending he was anything more than a narcissist who wasn't having it his way. If he'd gotten laid it wouldn't have changed a thing. He still would have found an area of life where he wasn't getting the... admiration he thought he was worthy of. He would have probably ended up killing his coworkers after being passed over for a promotion at 35. Also, some of the comments in the video say he was driving a beamer. By the looks of it, it's a pretty recent model. New car, alright looking and you still can't get laid in Santa Barbara? What kind of bull**** is that?

    Conclusion: This had really little to do with women and more to do with a narcissist who didn't have the power he thought he should. We live in a society where people are told: Buy all this crap and you will get laid. What happens when people don't get all they are promised? Most just go about their daily lives. Some go into depression - a few react violently. This kid was a perfectly normal personal who bought all the nonsense people like me are paid to try and sell him - then realized life isn't that easy and hated it.

    He wasn't mentally ill. He was just pissed he wasn't getting it his way.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-25-14 at 02:48 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #55
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbar

    He had various therapy sessions:

    Alleged gunman Elliot Rodger, 22, lived a life of privilege

    But, did he ever heard of a public house? Night clubs?

    Also, where did he get the gun? See how he abuses the 2A right to carry guns by mass murdering? Now if there were licenses that require a pre-brain scan his murderous tendencies may have been revealed at which point he would not have the means to kill (rather than defend).

    I do not think these high profile young men would risk to purchase guns in the illegal black market. They there may probably eat him alive. But even if he were to do that he could be caught from the police and this could have been prevented.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  6. #56
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I don't know the system in California but I am certain you cannot simply call the police and say "my son, brother, father is acting weird and I am concerned" and expect the police to lock the person up. I'm fairly certain a judge will have to be involved. The judge will review evidence to determine if the person is a danger to himself or others and make a determination.

    It would be most interesting to know the history behind the shooter. Was he in counseling, had he been in counseling? What medications was he taking, if any? And if he had previously taken medications, what were they and when did he stop taking them?
    Because he made a video that seemed to imply intent to do harm I believe they could have picked him up on a charge of making public threats. Had they done that, during the court proceedings he could have been adjudicated mentally unstable and at that point I believe a judge could have him involuntarily committed to a facility.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #57
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I think the most interesting thing about the video is his use of language. It's not indicative of someone with higher intellect. It sounds like somebody with a serious need to be admired. It is also a sign he was trying WAY too hard. This is clearly a mentally disturbed (but not ill) young man whose actions can't be excused but I won't go around pretending he was anything more than a narcissist who wasn't having it his way. If he'd gotten laid it wouldn't have changed a thing. He still would have found an area of life where he wasn't getting the... admiration he thought he was worthy of. He would have probably ended up killing his coworkers after being passed over for a promotion at 35. Also, some of the comments in the video say he was driving a beamer. By the looks of it, it's a pretty recent model. New car, alright looking and you still can't get laid in Santa Barbara? What kind of bull**** is that?
    I think there might be something about this here. He had a sample to compare how much his parents were being admired (his father was a "Game of Thorns" assistant) and he failed to compete with such people probably due to not being as successful and maybe a lack of social skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #58
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbar

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This little asshole seems to feel that he was entitled to female attention based on something (what, I don't know or much care), and he didn't get it, so he used that as self-justification to go on a murderous rampage. Not an ounce of sympathy from me for the self-entitled little bastard.
    I feel for his victims and their loved ones, they did nothing wrong and he allowed his own impulses to cause them harm. He can rot in hell for all I care but these types almost always want to take people with them.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #59
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbar

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I have met similar types to this guy, no one that I think is about to cross the line into murder, but they blame everyone but themselves for not being able to have a functional relationship with women. A few years back I ran across the granddaughter of the man I used to work for, I've known this girl since she was a child and was catching up with her. Well one of her coworkers was obsessed with her and trying to tell her I was one of those "evil alpha male jerks who would only hurt her" and asking if she wanted him to make me leave her alone, she basically told him "that guy would crush you, relax". Anyway, that girl is someone I consider like family, and the kid had the assumption a lot of those types have which is "I'm the better man, why doesn't she want ME".
    Dollars to donuts he's floating around some MRA group. Feeling like the only reason any guy would interact with a woman he wants is to "steal" her because somehow his desire means he owns her, trying to be all macho and "defend the damsel" from the woman-snatcher, and "WHY, OH, WHY WON'T SHE HAVE SEX WITH ME!?" Gee, dude, I dunno.

    It's this weird sense of narcissism and entitlement, and no matter how blatantly they show it, they never seem to see it themselves. And then they wonder why they can't get a date.

  10. #60
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    OK, whatever you say. You are of course the experts on gun homicides, but I suggest most jurisdictions would class it as a multiple homicide. But, like I say, America is the single most developed country in the filed of of gun deaths, you are the man.
    Did you miss the fact that he murdered 3 of the 6 in a face to face confrontation...with a knife?

    Must...blame...guns...

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •