Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 259

Thread: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

  1. #101
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    I wish people would stop discussing this guy as having a mental illness or womanizer. He was a narcissist who wasn't having it his way. He wasn't manic depressive or bipolar and even if he had been - NONE of those illnesses would have made his crime less of a murder. Putting him in the same circle as people with mental illnesses makes those who actually have them look worse and make him look better.

    Blaming his lack of sex for his action is bull**** too. Half the middle class white boys I work with didn't get any until they were well into their 20s. None of them have started killing people - not yet or not that I know of anyways. This is a guy who wasn't getting the amount of satisfaction he thought he deserved and he decided to take it out on women. At best, he's somewhere behind a disorganized serial killer but he's not mentally ill. Quit saying he is. He was premeditated enough to post **** on the internet, make a barely coherent diatribe, get the weaponry and stalk a location. He was perfectly sane.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-25-14 at 03:24 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #102
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,896

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I wish people would stop discussing this guy as having a mental illness or womanizer. He was a narcissist who wasn't having it his way. He wasn't manic depressive or bipolar and even if he had been - NONE of those illnesses would have made his crime less of a murder. Putting him in the same circle as people with mental illnesses makes those who actually have them look worse and make him look better.

    Blaming his lack of sex for his action is bull**** too. Half the middle class white boys I work with didn't get any until they were well into their 20s. None of them have started killing people - not yet or not that I know of anyways. This is a guy who wasn't getting the amount of satisfaction he thought he deserved and he decided to take it out on women. At best, he's somewhere behind a disorganized serial killer but he's not mentally ill. Quit saying he is. He was premeditated enough to post **** on the internet, make a barely coherent diatribe, get the weaponry and stalk a location. He was perfectly sane.
    He is a spoiled little silver spoon twit.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #103
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbar

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Actually he perceived himself too divine for other lower classes. I think this ordinal classification of humans is the core source of his jealousy, envy, spite, anger, and frustration of not having any (i.e., someone that highly should have girls undressed by a mere look).
    Sure, most of the guys who think that way do feel they are above everyone else. I think though that this particular guy couldn't take the bruise to his ego when the reality that he wasn't at the level he assumed decided it was time to pay people back for not recognizing his greatness rather than humbling up.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #104
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,896

    Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Sure, most of the guys who think that way do feel they are above everyone else. I think though that this particular guy couldn't take the bruise to his ego when the reality that he wasn't at the level he assumed decided it was time to pay people back for not recognizing his greatness rather than humbling up.
    Reality is a bitch for narcissist morons.

    I'm just pissed that they take innocent folks out first.

    Maybe I can start a school for these kind of folks on the back acreage. Graduation would consist of a pissed off pack of coyotes and a gun with only one bullet.

    Not hard to figure out that math!
    Last edited by SMTA; 05-25-14 at 08:30 PM.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Another mass killing by a mentally deranged young man in a drive by shooting at Santa Barbara:

    Gunman, six others killed in drive-by shooting, Santa Barbara police say | Fox News




    This psychopathic guy posted a creepy Youtube video complaining about being still a virgin at 22 yr old and hating all the blonde beautiful women he couldn't get and all sexually active men who had all the women they want for sex. For that he went on a killing rampage the next day? What's going on mentally with the young men of American society?

    Wow, The sheriff there surely knows how to state the obvious.

    Lets see, In 2010, the county went 57.44% for Obama
    in 2012, 61.5% for Feinstein

    Shooter needed a lot more bullets.

    Better it happened there than someplace decent.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #106
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,706

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Wow, The sheriff there surely knows how to state the obvious.

    Lets see, In 2010, the county went 57.44% for Obama
    in 2012, 61.5% for Feinstein

    Shooter needed a lot more bullets.

    Better it happened there than someplace decent.
    Right, because Texas is the picture of self-control.

    The List: The deadliest mass shootings in Texas history - Texas on the Potomac
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #107
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,176

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I wish people would stop discussing this guy as having a mental illness or womanizer. He was a narcissist who wasn't having it his way. He wasn't manic depressive or bipolar and even if he had been - NONE of those illnesses would have made his crime less of a murder. Putting him in the same circle as people with mental illnesses makes those who actually have them look worse and make him look better.

    Blaming his lack of sex for his action is bull**** too. Half the middle class white boys I work with didn't get any until they were well into their 20s. None of them have started killing people - not yet or not that I know of anyways. This is a guy who wasn't getting the amount of satisfaction he thought he deserved and he decided to take it out on women. At best, he's somewhere behind a disorganized serial killer but he's not mentally ill. Quit saying he is. He was premeditated enough to post **** on the internet, make a barely coherent diatribe, get the weaponry and stalk a location. He was perfectly sane.
    Eh, the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. He was both a misogynist narcissist, and probably disturbed in some way -- my bet is on being a standard-issue psychopath or dark triad narcissist, which does not make someone "insane" as such. They're perfectly aware of the things they do, as he was. They just don't care.

    Not all forms of disturbance mean that someone is "insane," in the sense that is used in an insanity plea, or that may excuse behaviors made in a delusional state. In some cases, as I suspect in his, it just means they are missing a part of their humanity, or perhaps have cannibalized it through an overwhelming amount of hatred and entitlement. The fact that he is probably disturbed is merely an observation, and quite possibly one of his own doing. He was certainly aware enough that, had he lived, he would have no defense for his actions.

    It certainly isn't "lack of sex." There are some men right here here on DP older than him who have chosen celibacy, or merely not run into an opportunity that takes them, and they presumably manage not to murder people or become misogynists who call for Nazi-style destruction of women.

  8. #108
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I wish people would stop discussing this guy as having a mental illness or womanizer. He was a narcissist who wasn't having it his way. He wasn't manic depressive or bipolar and even if he had been - NONE of those illnesses would have made his crime less of a murder. Putting him in the same circle as people with mental illnesses makes those who actually have them look worse and make him look better.

    Blaming his lack of sex for his action is bull**** too. Half the middle class white boys I work with didn't get any until they were well into their 20s. None of them have started killing people - not yet or not that I know of anyways. This is a guy who wasn't getting the amount of satisfaction he thought he deserved and he decided to take it out on women. At best, he's somewhere behind a disorganized serial killer but he's not mentally ill. Quit saying he is. He was premeditated enough to post **** on the internet, make a barely coherent diatribe, get the weaponry and stalk a location. He was perfectly sane.
    You don't think that a person would HAVE to be mentally ill to do something like this? The definition I find for mental illness is " mental illnesses are medical conditions that often result in a diminished capacity for coping with the ordinary demands of life." I'm unclear as to why you would think that his behavior is not indicative of someone with this kind of illness. It makes him no less to responsible for his actions you know.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  9. #109
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,896

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You don't think that a person would HAVE to be mentally ill to do something like this? The definition I find for mental illness is " mental illnesses are medical conditions that often result in a diminished capacity for coping with the ordinary demands of life." I'm unclear as to why you would think that his behavior is not indicative of someone with this kind of illness. It makes him no less to responsible for his actions you know.
    Nope - just a ****ed up value system.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #110
    Mildly Hostile
    505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,363

    re: Police call deadly Santa Barbara shooting spree 'premeditated mass murder'[W220]

    Uhm, the reason people are "discussing this guy as having a mental illness" is because he in fact DID. It's not even debatable. Diagnosed, given medication, refused to take it.

    Now that's not meant to take away from anything he did or justify it in any way, but it is a fact of this case. He definitely had major mental issues.
    Disclaimer: If you are offended by the above post, and you aren't a SJW or truther, grow a pair.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •