Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

  1. #41
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You keep moving your goal post:

    Again, patently false, speculative investment is spurred by such announcements.

    Not that I would ever imagine you to acknowledge your error.....but you are totally incorrect.
    Again, if a well doesn't produce oil, the investors see zero profit. If Joe's Oil loses investers's money too many times investors lose confidence in Joe's ability to find and produce, then stop investing.

    You should stop insisting that investments make money when there's no profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Every business in America is allowed to depreciate loss in capital. Farmers are allowed to count their crops as capital and can deduct a reduction in market prices. Grocery stores do it all the time.
    Ummm as you are fond of saying- can I see the text on farmer's being able to take fluctuations in market price for their crop as depreciation? I know I can take any loss in the sale of a momma cow (which really isn't because of the calves she gave me and the passing of years in the owing of her.) I can depreciate farm equipment, any rent for land is a deduction, things like that....

    Never heard that about the wheat I raise due to market prices, take a lowering in feeder or stocker calf market price reductions as a depreciation loss........ do tell....

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Ummm as you are fond of saying- can I see the text on farmer's being able to take fluctuations in market price for their crop as depreciation? I know I can take any loss in the sale of a momma cow (which really isn't because of the calves she gave me and the passing of years in the owing of her.) I can depreciate farm equipment, any rent for land is a deduction, things like that....

    Never heard that about the wheat I raise due to market prices, take a lowering in feeder or stocker calf market price reductions as a depreciation loss........ do tell....
    If you sell at a loss, you can deduct the loss. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Again, if a well doesn't produce oil, the investors see zero profit. If Joe's Oil loses investers's money too many times investors lose confidence in Joe's ability to find and produce, then stop investing.

    You should stop insisting that investments make money when there's no profit.
    Um, the point is, the oil corp always has an interest in news that spurs speculative investment.

    You are too invested in your original post to admit to your error......which is why you continue to move your discussion to other subjects.

    You lost the point, you are wrong......and we are done.

    Tah-tah.

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Ask who??
    Figure it out.

    We are done here.


    Good day.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, the point is, the oil corp always has an interest in news that spurs speculative investment.

    You are too invested in your original post to admit to your error......which is why you continue to move your discussion to other subjects.

    You lost the point, you are wrong......and we are done.

    Tah-tah.

    I think you nailed it.

  7. #47
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    What do you want to make a bet that every other mineral extraction company gets a similar benefit in the tax code. By the way that's a fancy term for depreciation and an oil well is a depreciable asset. As is a mine or other limited life span asset.
    That is in addition to a US production tax break - it would be difficult, indeed, for them to move that mineral/depreciable asset offshore.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #48
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Figure it out.

    We are done here.


    Good day.
    Ok cranky.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  9. #49
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Every business in America is allowed to depreciate loss in capital. Farmers are allowed to count their crops as capital and can deduct a reduction in market prices. Grocery stores do it all the time.
    That oil depletion allowance is signifcantlly different than a fixed asset depreciation allowance. A farmer cannot "depreciate" their crops.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: UPDATE 2-U.S. EIA cuts recoverable Monterey shale oil estimate by 96 pct

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Ok cranky.
    No...I mentioned it, posted links...my interest in subsidies is over for now (the thread is about shale oil reserves, after all).

    You wouldn't take the hint.

    Just because I find something uninteresting doesn't necessarily make me 'cranky'.

    Can we move on, please?
    Last edited by DA60; 05-24-14 at 02:43 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •